BroadcastComms MFD [Release]

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

mohawk
Competent
Competent

Re: BroadcastComms MFD [Release]

Post by mohawk »

Bugbear wrote:
Thanks for the follow up. I'm not really sure what one could hope to achieve pleading neutrality to someone that has already decided to open fire, so feel free to not spend much time on this scenario.

About the only effect I can come up with would be for a neutral broadcast to have an effect on those not already hostile - but that would be dependant on whether the transmission is truly wideband or narrowband.
Perhaps you could declare neutrality or friendliness after a friendly fire.
Like apologise and declare that you are not hostile, but it was a misfire.
It could work in cases for example that you helped the police, or an other vessel, and they have acknowledged it by thanking you for the assistance, and in the heat of the battle you misfire.
It is after all kind of strange that after saving someone's life, he later on proceeds to try and murder you! :lol:
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Version 1.1.0 has just been release. In this version:
  • Added some exclusions for Generation ships, just to be sure.
  • Small tweaks to the wormhole request responses.
  • Made the equipment less likely to be damaged.
  • Turned off the "portable_between_ships", as this is equipment installed in a ship and logcially would need to be installed in a new one.
  • Fixed manifest file so the category matches the expansion manager setting.
Download via links in the first post or via the download manager.
Layne
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Layne »

phkb wrote:
[*] Small tweaks to the wormhole request responses.
Would this 'tweak' be removing the possibility of 'accidental' assassin deception that was discussed on another thread?

If so, then no thanks on the update.
Reports of my death have been greatly underestimated.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Layne wrote:
If so, then no thanks on the update.
Seconded!
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
phkb

Post by phkb »

Pirates and assassins will still respond to requests for wormholes. I listened! I've just tweaked it a bit. Hopefully the tweak is fairly subtle.

Rffragvnyyl V'ir perngrq gjb glcrf bs erfcbafr: fgnaqneq naq hasevraqyl. Cvengrf naq nffnffvaf jvyy tvir na hasevraqyl erfcbafr, ohg gb xrrc guvatf vagrerfgvat, bppnfvbanyyl abezny genqref jvyy gbb.

I also added some additional variations to the responses for more variety.

Edit: OK, version 1.1.1 tweaks the previous tweak a bit more, hopefully giving even more variety.
herodotus
Competent
Competent

Post by herodotus »

Hey,

I think there's a bug with the latest version of this OXP. When you try and send a distress message it instead sends an offer to rescue an escape pod. Looks like the problem is in the this.$buildMessageList function - when it sets up the distress message in the list it does:

Code: Select all

if (this._alertCond === 3 && this._disableInternal[9] === false) this._lines.push({id:"core_9", text:"Send distress message"});
but the id of the distress message is 2, not 9. Can install manually and hack it but currently have the oxz and would rather keep that installed if possible so a fix would be great... no idea if anyone actually reads this thread/forum since the last post is so long ago!

Cheers,
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Welcome aboard, Commander! It is read, and its owner should be along soon.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
phkb

Post by phkb »

Thanks for the report herodotas, I'll get an update out later today.
phkb

Post by phkb »

OK, version 1.2.4 is now available, which fixes a couple of bugs. Thanks again for the report, herodotus.
herodotus
Competent
Competent

Post by herodotus »

phkb wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:20 am
OK, version 1.2.4 is now available, which fixes a couple of bugs. Thanks again for the report, herodotus.
Cool! Thanks for the fast response - nice to know that the community is still active even if there aren't lots of posts! :-)

Cheers,
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Welcome, Herodotus. It varies a bit here. A bit quiet lately but this place can be very lively at times, and there's always plenty going on in the background.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

phkb, thanks for keeping this OXP alive even though I dropped off for 3 years :oops:
Fleurghber
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Fleurghber »

Latest startup log, testing the new version:

"Opening log for Oolite version 1.84 (x86-64) under Mac OS X Version 10.9.5 (Build 13F1911) at 2017-11-09 04:46:19 pm +0000.
Machine type: iMac14,1, 8192 MiB memory, 4 x x86 (Haswell) @ 2700 MHz.
Build options: OpenAL, new planets.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

16:46:19.756 [dataCache.rebuild.pathsChanged]: Cache is stale (search paths have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
16:46:19.800 [system]: Invalid color System, labelColor (warning given only once)
16:46:19.871 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 2.1.0 ("2.1 INTEL-8.28.37"). Vendor: "Intel Inc.". Renderer: "Intel Iris Pro OpenGL Engine".
16:46:19.872 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (128):
GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_EXT_transform_feedback, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ATI_texture_env_combine3, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_EXT_debug_label, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_ATI_separate_stencil, GL_APPLE_vertex_point_size, GL_EXT_texture_rectangle, GL_APPLE_specular_vector, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_APPLE_pixel_buffer, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_APPLE_fence, GL_APPLE_ycbcr_422, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_NV_texture_barrier, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_APPLE_object_purgeable, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_APPLE_rgb_422, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_APPLE_element_array, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_ARB_sync, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_APPLE_texture_range, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_vertex_blend, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_APPLE_aux_depth_stencil, GL_APPLE_row_bytes, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_APPLE_client_storage, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_APPLE_flush_render, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_APPLE_vertex_program_evaluators, GL_APPLE_transform_hint, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_APPLE_flush_buffer_range, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_SGIS_texture_edge_clamp, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_object, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_APPLE_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_APPLE_packed_pixels, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_EXT_debug_marker, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_EXT_clip_volume_hint, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_APPLE_float_pixels, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_draw_instanced
16:46:19.876 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
16:46:19.888 [dataCache.rebuild.pathsChanged]: Cache is stale (search paths have changed). Rebuilding from scratch.
16:46:19.888 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Resource paths:
~/Desktop/Games and things/Elite family/Oolite-1.84/Oolite 1.84/Oolite.app/Contents/Resources
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns
~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.BroadcastCommsMFD.oxz
16:46:19.896 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
16:46:20.179 [plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.BroadcastCommsMFD.oxz/Config/role-categories.plist as a property list.
Unexpected character { at line 1
16:46:20.429 [startup.complete]: ========== Loading complete in 0.61 seconds. ==========
16:46:23.217 [exit.context]: Exiting: Exit Game selected on start screen.

Closing log at 2017-11-09 04:46:23 pm +0000."
phkb

Post by phkb »

Fleurghber wrote:
16:46:20.179 [plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse ~/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.phkb.BroadcastCommsMFD.oxz/Config/role-categories.plist as a property list.
Unexpected character { at line 1
Thanks for the report, Fleurghber. Fixed in v1.2.8, now available.
Fleurghber
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Fleurghber »

Thanks, it's working fine now.