Svengali's OXPs - Maintainers needed.

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Svengali's OXPs - Maintainers needed.

Post by pagroove »

Diziet Sma wrote:
pagroove wrote:
As a co-author of BGS (A lot of sounds I made for it) ... Anyway I can maintain the sound side of it but I need to be paired with a strong programmer for the scripting side of BGS.
Did you grab a copy of the BGS Female Comms Chatter patch yet? And would you like a copy of the original audio files it was made from?
Not yet. But will download it soon.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Well, at this point the ships and stations probably won't need a lot in the way of work, other than roles, etc.. so mostly plist type stuff.. and if it comes down to the point where the docking ports need attention, there's lots of help available here.

If you're agreeable then, I'll put all the 'orphans' under your care.
That's probably true. OK, you've talked me into it :wink:

OK, I'll set up a new orphanage then.
"Come along little ones..." :P
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Fantastic! Your blood's worth bottling, as my stepfather used to say.. 8)

List has been updated.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Lone_Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lone_Wolf »

For my shieldcycler oxp i needed additions to OxpConfig, and functioned as a tester to get them working.
This gave me a basic understanding of how OxpConfig works internally.
If needed I am willing to take on OxpConfig .

I'm also interested in LocalHero, but have no experience with mission oxps.
Also all i can find is the old code for Localhero 1.05, maybe Svengali has WIP-code ?

OXPs : My user page

Retired, reachable at [email protected]
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Lone_Wolf wrote:
If needed I am willing to take on OxpConfig .
That would be fantastic! Much appreciated! 8)
Lone_Wolf wrote:
I'm also interested in LocalHero, but have no experience with mission oxps.
Also all i can find is the old code for Localhero 1.05, maybe Svengali has WIP-code ?
I'll ask him if he has anything..

I've added your name for both OXPs. :D
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Something that might save you a bit of maintenance work on OXPConfig: now that Oolite 1.80 has separate startUp and startUpComplete it might be more practical to let OXPs use OXPConfig without OXPConfig itself needing updating first.
Lone_Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lone_Wolf »

cim wrote:
Something that might save you a bit of maintenance work on OXPConfig: now that Oolite 1.80 has separate startUp and startUpComplete it might be more practical to let OXPs use OXPConfig without OXPConfig itself needing updating first.
I do understand the difference between those 2, but am not clear yet who should start first.

I THINK you mean calling oxps should use startUp, then OxpConfig should use startUpComplete instead of startUp ?

Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Lone_Wolf wrote:
cim wrote:
I do understand the difference between those 2, but am not clear yet who should start first.

I THINK you mean calling oxps should use startUp, then OxpConfig should use startUpComplete instead of startUp ?
Yes. This is what cim means. Currently OXPConfig needs to call the OXPs startUp for OXPs which are using the EarlyCall flag. Otherwise properties would be undefined. The loading order is a beast .-) If OXPConfig uses startUpComplete instead then all OXPs have done their own startUp already.

Edit: But systemWillPopulate runs before startUpComplete gets called! So it might be too late for some OXPs. I would leave it as it is .-)
Lone_Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lone_Wolf »

Svengali wrote:
Yes. This is what cim means. Currently OXPConfig needs to call the OXPs startUp for OXPs which are using the EarlyCall flag. Otherwise properties would be undefined. The loading order is a beast .-) If OXPConfig uses startUpComplete instead then all OXPs have done their own startUp already.

Edit: But systemWillPopulate runs before startUpComplete gets called! So it might be too late for some OXPs. I would leave it as it is .-)
Thanks for the clarification, maybe EarlyCall should be taken out of oxpcSettings and be added as a flag to the list of supported oxps.

My ShieldCycler for example has no need for EarlyCall , there may be other oxps that know in advance they don't require EarlyCall.

Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Lone_Wolf wrote:
Thanks for the clarification, maybe EarlyCall should be taken out of oxpcSettings and be added as a flag to the list of supported oxps.
I'm not sure about this change - you'd have to check these OXPs then every time a new version gets released.
Lone_Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lone_Wolf »

Svengali wrote:
Lone_Wolf wrote:
I'm not sure about this change - you'd have to check these OXPs then every time a new version gets released.
That is correct, but i do feel the oxp authors that use OxpConfig should be more involved in OxpConfig development.
Not sure yet how to achieve that though.

Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

Lone_Wolf wrote:
<snip>, but i do feel the oxp authors that use OxpConfig should be more involved in OxpConfig development.
Not sure yet how to achieve that though.
*grins* Sounds like a good plan, but don't hold your breath. Usually it takes some time before OXPers are starting to dig in other projects, regardless of announcements or documentation. Probably I should have been chattier...
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Tricky has agreed to take on BGS.. :D
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Tricky has agreed to take on BGS..
Excellent!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!