Imperial Trader ship ?

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Slartibartfast
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Imperial Trader ship ?

Post by Slartibartfast »

Hello

i made the "ZZ_GrOovy_bbs_impcourier.oxp" work :-)

I "stole" some code from the "shipdata.plist" of "oolite.oxp.tsoj.chrysopelea_mk-i"

adpted a little bit -- now it's flying around and sometime tries to kill me....

----
??? is it allowed to post the code here ??? ( because i only mixed that together )

matthias
Oolite 1.91 / Imp. Trader ( slighly modified :wink: ) on Lubuntu 22.04 LTS on AMD64 2x 3800+ ,
ATI Radeon R7240 XFS / Samsung TV 40" 1080p
C-Media CMI8738 / Yamaha RX-V575 / DIY-Speaker
Logitech Attack3 & standard german keyboard
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Slartibartfast wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:05 am
Hello

I made the "ZZ_GrOovy_bbs_impcourier.oxp" work :-)

I "stole" some code from the "shipdata.plist" of "oolite.oxp.tsoj.chrysopelea_mk-i"

adapted a little bit -- now it's flying around and sometime tries to kill me....

----
??? is it allowed to post the code here ??? ( because I only mixed that together )

matthias
If you want to do that, I can then post it under "Tweaks" on the wiki page for you.

Or, depending on the license (Dertien only seems to have licensed some of his oxp's) you can either update his oxp and add your name to it - or to produce an update like Montana has done (Chimera Gunship Fix et al). I'd be more than happy to show you how to include it in the Expansions Manager, if you so desire. You would need an Expansions Manager password (handled by Phkb or Montana) and I'd be more than happy to give you access to the wiki.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Slartibartfast wrote: Mon Apr 11, 2022 1:05 am
Hello

i made the "ZZ_GrOovy_bbs_impcourier.oxp" work :-)

adpted a little bit -- now it's flying around and sometime tries to kill me....

----
??? is it allowed to post the code here ??? ( because i only mixed that together )

matthias
Congratulations Matthias,
since you didn't steal the code but adapted it, feel free to post it here. :wink:

If you plan to follow Cholmondely's suggestions I will be happy to assign a login for the expansion manager for you, however, a quick check didn't show any license, but this could change if I look a bit deeper. For now a "Fix" would be in order, in case you want to post one please let me know if you need help. Otherwise, Cholmondely could just add a link on the wiki to your published modification here.
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.