[RELEASE] High Poly Classic Modpack V1.01 - 12/09/2014

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: [RELEASE] High Poly Classic Modpack V1.01 - 12/09/2014

Post by Cholmondely »

montana05 wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:30 am
Cholmondely wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 1:13 am
I want to put this up on our wiki, but am unsure what to call it.

High Poly Classic Modpack means nothing to me, and I would guess would mean nothing to most others too. Unrememberable.

Ditto with Z GrOovy HPC pack - although if one knows what "Z GrOovy" is about, then that is a guarantee of quality, at least. "HPC" is of less use.

Any ideas?
Here is a quick overview about "poly" in general: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Low_poly.
Simply speaking, the higher the poly the better the graphics of the ship but the computer need to work harder to view. Please note that there are exceptions and much more details, but I leave them to the experts. :wink:
Useful! Thank you - at least now I have some sort of idea as to what is involved. But I presume that would not be true for a timid Turkish teenager stumbling upon Oolite though the intercession of Randomius Factoria...
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: [RELEASE] High Poly Classic Modpack V1.01 - 12/09/2014

Post by Cholmondely »

Wiki page now up

Z GrOovy HPC pack

Still hate the name, quite meaningless and non-descriptive of such an innovative oxp.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?