Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Maybe I'm just old and slow...

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Maybe I'm just old and slow...

Post by Zireael »

Kanthoney, what would affect the amount of 'ticks' it takes for the NPC to get his bearing? His accuracy? Or some other value?
kanthoney
Commodore
Commodore

Post by kanthoney »

The number of ticks is fixed at three, but the time between ticks is set by the ship.reactionTime Javascript property (which is the time it takes for all three ticks). By default this is set to half a second - this makes the ticks occur 1/6 of a second apart, so all three take half a second.
Crush
Competent
Competent

Post by Crush »

No, I'm finding 1.80 a right pain in the posterior. I can either do milk runs (yawn) or die horribly.

I posted in more detail on the other thread http://oolite.aegidian.org/bb/viewtopic ... 45#p226115
Last edited by Crush on Sun Aug 17, 2014 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lone_Wolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lone_Wolf »

In 1.76 i had started fresh, intending to keep to the cobbie until it was fully iron-assed , before swtiching to other ships.

NOTE : core ships only

I had 130ish kills with that pilot, didn't have mil shields / shield capacitor / top shield cycler equipment when i switched to 1.80 .

In 1.80 i had to run very often with that ship, because i couldn't withstand more then 3 pirates at same time.

switching to a save file with a full iron-assed cobra (everything except NEU / Cloaking device ) meant i could take on upto 5 pirates, but not more.
Still had to run often from bigger groups.

The main problem with the bigger groups is that they got so many shots in on me, that after 5-10 seconds my shields were drained completely and i started taking damage.
Only choice left was to run away.

I'm back to another savefile with an iron-ass Tiger MK2 now (less cargo, better recharge rate) .

With this setup my ship doesn't become crippled in the first few seconds, and i can now take out 3/4 hostiles before i have to run, even if it's a group of 8.

OXPs : My user page

Retired, reachable at [email protected]