[Beta] Vacuum Pump OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Switeck
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Beta] Vacuum Pump OXP

Post by Switeck »

While I like the concept, the ships I'd most want this on are the ones with tiny cargo capacities...where the 1 TC cargo cost for installing the equipment in the first place is very painful.
On a Cobra 3 with 35 TC cargo capacity or the larger freighters, they can spare the space for this equipment but need it far less.

If I'm jacking loot, there's usually a station nearby to sell it...although with something like my old Switeck's Shipping OXP installed, there's quite a high chance that scavengers will come along and grab any leftover loot if it's along a shipping lane for >10 minutes.
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

I was hoping this OXP vacuumed the goods out of the containers entirely and into the safe. But it's still useful for mopping up precious metals and gems even in a 5TC Adder.
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

Bogatyr wrote:
I was hoping this OXP vacuumed the goods out of the containers entirely and into the safe. But it's still useful for mopping up precious metals and gems even in a 5TC Adder.
Hmm, actually, I don't ever get any result other than "unable to recover any cargo space" in any mode.
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

I finally got a debug console up and running and poked around a bit, and it seems that VacuumPump is based on a prior arrangement of the manifest data structure. I noticed that the gems "inHold" count was missing which was probably causing an internal exception or other error when run which is why the equipment never worked for me. I manually put in an "inHold" value for gems and got the script to tell me that it had consolidated inventory. But since it seems to not be using v1.82's manifest structure, it doesn't actually do anything.

I'm trying to figure out how to properly modify a ship's manifest but it's going slowly. If anybody has a pointer to the right properties and/or methods to change the manifest (basically just need to change the current TCs), I'd go ahead and try to update it for v1.82
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

My understanding was incomplete. It looks like the only problem with the OXP is the misspelling of "gemStones" instead of the correct "gem_stones."
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

I have fixed the OXP script typo and it works now, is the original author still around? If not, how to go about getting this version published to replace the buggy one?
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Bogatyr wrote:
is the original author still around?
Neelix (the owner of the first post in this topic) is not logged in since a year but you can send him a "pm" using the button below his post. Probably he own the manifest entry in oxz list, if he will not answer soon then anybody with oxz admin access (who uploaded an oxz once) can upload into a new entry and ask cim to remove the old one.
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

With the fixes it works as advertised, and very well I might add. In a 5TC Adder, after 1TC for installation, that leaves 3TCs for accumulating precious metals/gems and 1TC for picking up new ones. I cleared about 3K creds in one run after a bit of pirating and sneaking in to the aftermath of a different set of pirates, who then attacked me and I defeated them all and their python and picked up a bit more :).