[Release] Simon B's Favorites

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: [Release] Simon B's Favorites 1.0.1 for Oolite 1.79 and

Post by cim »

Keeper wrote:
I might have to fly around a bit until I find another shipyard with an Aphid and see if that resolves itself. If the problem is that the ball portion is a subentity, then I have no idea how to make the introduction of a random colour "stick" on it.
Right, because subentities get a random entityPersonality each time they're generated, which is every time the entity is initialised, so if you're using that to randomise your colours...

This is probably a small bug - subentities inheriting their personality from their parent seems more sensible.

EDIT: changed in commit fc0f3e7 to inherit personality, so this should work more consistently in 1.82
Keeper
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Simon B's Favorites 1.1

Post by Keeper »

Ultimately what I did was swap the parts of the Aphid around so that the "wings" are the subentity, then replaced the random paint stripe on those "wings" with a shiny gold stripe. So the "wings" always have a shiny gold stripe, while the main "ball" ship body has a random colour which is persistent per ship.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Simon B's Favorites 1.1

Post by spara »

Keeper wrote:
We should take some new screenshots of the shiny and bumpy new ships...
Actually a wiki page would be in order. I'll try to find motivation somewhere to do it. I'm just so lazy with that kind of stuff.

New version 1.1.1
* Player rapier can have scoops. I seem to have forgot them earlier :oops: .
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Simon B's Favorites 1.1.1

Post by Duggan »

I seem to remember that the original SB Faves oxp rendered the Mineral Market somewhat more sensible .

I only mention this because if one has the AI trading assistant oxz installed and set to automatic trading ..One's Harris soon becomes especially laden with Minerals.
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Duggan wrote:
I seem to remember that the original SB Faves oxp rendered the Mineral Market somewhat more sensible .

I only mention this because if one has the AI trading assistant oxz installed and set to automatic trading ..One's Harris soon becomes especially laden with Minerals.
Sb-faves is and was just ships. The newer one has a populator script for SAR-ships, but that's all. Some other OXP perhaps?
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

Yes, perhaps it was another of Simon's oxps that rectified the disproportionate amount of Minerals (in comparrison to the other commodities ) available at Galcop Stations.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Duggan, tell me more detail about what's happening - by posting in the AI Trading Assistant thread - please. Autotrade should never buy minerals unless you're flying an Anaconda sized freighter or at an OXP station where they're particularly cheap.
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

Autotrade should never buy minerals unless you're flying an Anaconda sized freighter
That would be it :) I am Piloting an Anaconda .
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

New version (1.1.2)

* Cleaned out deprecation warnings.
* Balanced the roles a bit.
Mikael
Poor
Poor

Post by Mikael »

I just tried out this set, but get this error:

13:32:29.462 [plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse /Users/mikael/Library/Application Support/Oolite/Managed AddOns/oolite.oxp.spara.sb-faves.oxz/Config/shipdata.plist as a property list.
Unexpected character { at line 1
13:32:29.638 [shipData.load.shipyard.unknown]: ----- WARNING: the shipyard.plist entry "cobra3-cutlass-player" does not have a corresponding shipdata.plist entry, ignoring.
13:32:29.639 [shipData.load.shipyard.unknown]: ----- WARNING: the shipyard.plist entry "cobra3-rapier-player" does not have a corresponding shipdata.plist entry, ignoring.
13:32:29.639 [shipData.load.shipyard.unknown]: ----- WARNING: the shipyard.plist entry "aphid-re2dux-player" does not have a corresponding shipdata.plist entry, ignoring.
13:32:29.639 [shipData.load.shipyard.unknown]: ----- WARNING: the shipyard.plist entry "cobra3-clipper-player" does not have a corresponding shipdata.plist entry, ignoring.
13:32:29.639 [shipData.load.shipyard.unknown]: ----- WARNING: the shipyard.plist entry "sbwolf-re2dux-player" does not have a corresponding shipdata.plist entry, ignoring.
13:32:29.639 [shipData.load.shipyard.unknown]: ----- WARNING: the shipyard.plist entry "cobra3-clipper-sar-player" does not have a corresponding shipdata.plist
entry, ignoring.

This is 1.82 on a Mac.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Welcome to the Oolite forum, Mikael!

Mac is more fastidious about the content of plist files than other operating systems. A semicolon or so could cause these at you due to no problem at me under Linux and probably none in Windows also. I think spara will answer for you soon.
Mikael
Poor
Poor

Post by Mikael »

Thanks Norby!

Yes, I read that Mac's can be a bit finicky. Perhaps this is something I could fix myself, but thought it better if a general fix was made - I can't be the only Mac man around :)
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Hello Mikael and thanks for reporting.

Plist errors are a bit of a pain to fix, as there is no practical way for me to test the new version. I did a visual scan through the shipdata.plist and found two missing semicolons. Those usually are the root for this kind of errors. I corrected those and uploaded a new version here: https://app.box.com/s/f4n4gmajgq378o6zdysmmv38rhrovu8n.

Could you please test it and report back? If it works, I'll upload it to the manager.
Mikael
Poor
Poor

Post by Mikael »

All errors are gone now - thanks for the help :)
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Mikael wrote:
All errors are gone now - thanks for the help :)
Great and thanks for testing. New version (1.1.3) uploaded to the manager.