Combat MFD

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Combat MFD

Post by Diziet Sma »

StathisR wrote:
I have these errors in my latest log, i don't know if they are relevant.

08:27:16.244 [script.javaScript.unrootedTimer]: ----- WARNING: Timer <OOJSTimer 0x2a6d7130>{nextTime: 82.044, interval: 0.5, running, function: anonymous} is being garbage-collected while still running. You must keep a reference to all running timers, or they will stop unpredictably!
08:27:57.999 [script.javaScript.unrootedTimer]: ----- WARNING: Timer <OOJSTimer 0xd165150>{nextTime: 124.201, interval: 0.5, running, function: anonymous} is being garbage-collected while still running. You must keep a reference to all running timers, or they will stop unpredictably!

Has anyone else this problem?
Yep.. my last log was spammed with almost 3000 similar (but not identical) entries.. the only thing that had changed from other recent games was that I had the Navigation MFD running most of the time, whereas usually I don't have any displayed.

Code: Select all

02:18:10.423 [script.javaScript.unrootedTimer]: ----- WARNING: Timer <OOJSTimer 0x3ac2580>{nextTime: 7554.33, one-shot, running, function: anonymous} is being garbage-collected while still running. You must keep a reference to all running timers, or they will stop unpredictably!
02:18:10.423 [script.javaScript.unrootedTimer]: ----- WARNING: Timer <OOJSTimer 0x3ac2730>{nextTime: 7554.33, one-shot, running, function: anonymous} is being garbage-collected while still running. You must keep a reference to all running timers, or they will stop unpredictably!
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
StathisR
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by StathisR »

I removed CompatMFD and the log error vanished. I have no problem with NavigationMFD.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Interesting.. I have it installed, but the Commander I was flying hasn't bought it yet.. most curious.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Neelix
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Neelix »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Interesting.. I have it installed, but the Commander I was flying hasn't bought it yet.. most curious.
yes but even if the commander hasn't bought the equipment any world scripts included in the OXP are already running...

E.g. When I installed a bunch of equipment OXPs recently and I needed to go to a TL14 planet to get some of it installed. So I set course for Recexela and started a contract run. While I was en-route I also installed the Police IFF scanner. I had to finish the contract run before I could install it due to some tight deadlines, but I noticed one effect immediately upon OXP installation - the code that changes the colour of the current target runs regardless of whether the equipment is installed or not.

- Neelix
Talaxian Enterprises: [wiki]Vacuum Pump[/wiki] [wiki]Waypoint Here[/wiki]
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Sounds like it needs a check for installed equipment in the script, so it won't run if the equipment is not installed.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Re: Combat MFD v1.4

Post by Norby »

Thanks for all feedbacks. Today in v1.4:
-SEE and One-shot indicators added.
-Player legal status added.
-Missile counter added.
-Energy and Shield percents are rounded to 10 for better readability.
-Target Front/Aft orientation displayed.
-Speed display use velocity for Q-Charger.
-A fix against garbage-collected timer in log.

StathisR
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by StathisR »

Very nice. The log errors have gone and the speed indicator works fine. All good from my part.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Combat MFD v1.4

Post by Diziet Sma »

Norby wrote:
-SEE and One-shot indicators added.
Wow.. talk about packing a lot of information into a tiny space.. well done.

That will take a little getting used to.. :mrgreen:
StathisR
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by StathisR »

The timer errors appeared again but i don't think they are related with the Combat MFD. They don't appear always.I am suspecting the auto dock procedure but i have to test it when i will have time.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

[EliteWiki] v1.5 is out:
-Equipment cost raised to 1000cr due to the MFD pricing thread.
-Show Torus multiplier after player speed if [EliteWiki] Torus To Sun is installed.
-Line length fine tune with hair spaces, thanks to spara.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Neelix wrote:
When I installed a bunch of equipment OXPs recently and I needed to go to a TL14 planet to get some of it installed. So I set course for Recexela and started a contract run. While I was en-route I also installed the Police IFF scanner. I had to finish the contract run before I could install it due to some tight deadlines, but I noticed one effect immediately upon OXP installation - the code that changes the colour of the current target runs regardless of whether the equipment is installed or not.
Smivs wrote:
Sounds like it needs a check for installed equipment in the script, so it won't run if the equipment is not installed.
The timer runs continuously, and every quarter second checks the equipment status before re-colouring the targets. Murphy did it that way deliberately, mostly to make it compatible with repair bots.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

[EliteWiki] v1.6 is a small update for NumericHUD which can show the Damaged, Weak and Derelict status of the current target near the crosshairs also.

Any HUD can display these if the following lines are inserted into the legends section of hud.plist:

Code: Select all

{ equipment_required="EQ_DTADAM"; x=30; y=40; y_origin=0; height=20; width=16; text="Damaged"; alpha=0.5; },
{ equipment_required="EQ_DTAWEA"; x=30; y=40; y_origin=0; height=20; width=16; text="Weak"; alpha=0.5; },
{ equipment_required="EQ_DTADER"; x=30; y=40; y_origin=0; height=20; width=16; text="Derelict"; },
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Combat MFD v1.7

Post by Norby »

v1.7 is done:
-Telescope display the newest detected target in the last line.
-Fuel display counts additional FuelTank, DuplexFuelTank, ExtraFuelTanks and the reserve fuel of Andromeda also.
-Better energy feedback for ships with a single energy bank.

Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

In v1.8 there are 39 new data source for HUD designers, using the new drawCustomText and drawCustomBar HUD dials of Oolite 1.81.

The first example is a numeric speed display which can show any extreme speeds produced by OXPs like [wiki]TorusToSun[/wiki] or [wiki]FarPlanets[/wiki].

The full set of data sources open new ways to upgrade the existing HUDs with more informations, use less MFDs and make new ones with more free space.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Combat MFD v1.9

Post by Norby »

The [EliteWiki] v1.9 contain some polishments on custom HUD dials for Original HUD in [wiki]HUDSelector[/wiki] 1.8.