Change stations screen keyboard assignment

Discussion and announcements regarding the Mac port… er, original version of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Iskander-QC
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Change stations screen keyboard assignment

Post by Iskander-QC »

Hello everyone !

I hope that question hasn't been asked before, and that it's at the right place :oops:

I'm quite a newbie, even if I play Oolite for 3 years now, and I'm more than happy of this game. Thanks to everyone how contributed to make it more rich and complex : that's one of the best game I've ever played !

These last days, I tried to customize game screens according to my taste - as I speak French, my first task was to translate all my OXPs to have a full French version - but there's one thing I just can't figure out how to change it. As I have downloaded many OXPs, my docked ship interface is a little bit messy and I wanted to organize it according to my (il)logic.

My OXPs which can interfere with the interface are : Explorer's Club, Galaxy info, Long Range Scanner, Market Inquirer, Market Observer, Planetary Compass, Stations for extra planets

This is what I have now :

1 - out of the station
2 - quick save/save/load/options...
2/6 - explorer's club options
3 - ship outfitting
3/3 - ships for sale
4 - commodity markets/cargo/parcel/passenger contracts/in-system distance
5 - commander Jameson
5/5 - ship's manifest
6 - short range chart
6/6 - long range chart
6/6/6 - next galactic sector
6/6/5 - Galaxy info
7 - data on the selected planet
8 - commodity market

This is what would be cool to have :

1 - out of the station
2 - quick save/save/load/options...
3 - Bloomberg (later...)
4 - Commander Jameson (means ship's status)
5 - Ship's manifest (means missions status)
6 - in-system distances
6/6 - short range chart
6/6/6 - longs range chart
6/6/6/6 - next galactic sector
7 - data on the selected planet
7/7- galaxy info
7/7/7 - explorer's club options
8 - commodity markets/cargo/parcel/passenger contracts
8/8 - commodity market (means where to buy and sell)
8/8/8 - ship outfitting (means repairing my almost destroyed ship)
8/8/8/8 - ships for sale

Is there any easy way to do it, or am I dreaming awaken ?

Thanks to all of you !
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Re: Change stations screen keyboard assignment

Post by cim »

Welcome to the forums.

Once 1.80 is released (soon...) you'll be able to do some but not all of this. Things you'll be able to do:
- rebind the 1-8 keys so that the built-in screens are on different numbers (or even not on numbers)
- put IDs on the mission screens, and allow the use of the screen keys to exit mission screens, so that you could modify those OXPs to have a long loop.

Things you still won't be able to do:
- separate built-in screens which are already on the same number, or merge ones on different numbers (so you could put markets on 3 and shipyard/port view on 8, but you couldn't move them both onto 8 without trouble)
- make an OXP screen be the first one on a number, followed by the others, or change the order of the two core screens on a number

Generally what we're going for with the core game design is having the OXP screens all be on 4, so we probably won't be allowing the other actions in later versions either.
Iskander-QC
Mostly Harmless
Mostly Harmless

Post by Iskander-QC »

Thanks for your answer. I'll wait for the next version then. :)
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

cim wrote: Fri Jun 27, 2014 6:46 am
Welcome to the forums.

Once 1.80 is released (soon...) you'll be able to do some but not all of this. Things you'll be able to do:
- rebind the 1-8 keys so that the built-in screens are on different numbers (or even not on numbers)
- put IDs on the mission screens, and allow the use of the screen keys to exit mission screens, so that you could modify those OXPs to have a long loop.

Things you still won't be able to do:
- separate built-in screens which are already on the same number, or merge ones on different numbers (so you could put markets on 3 and shipyard/port view on 8, but you couldn't move them both onto 8 without trouble)
- make an OXP screen be the first one on a number, followed by the others, or change the order of the two core screens on a number

Generally what we're going for with the core game design is having the OXP screens all be on 4, so we probably won't be allowing the other actions in later versions either.
Did this happen?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Yes, that was all in 1.80 - the allowInterrupt, screenID and exitScreen properties on mission.runScreen - https://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Oolit ... e:_Mission - are what this refers to.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

cim wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:27 pm
Yes, that was all in 1.80 - the allowInterrupt, screenID and exitScreen properties on mission.runScreen - https://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Oolit ... e:_Mission - are what this refers to.
Thanks for clearing that up!

You have a pm!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?