[RELEASE] RNRL_Stormbrewer

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

SARR
Competent
Competent

Re: wip RNRL_Stormbrewer

Post by SARR »

Stormrider wrote:
btw did you host them in Japan? I´ve got an awful download rate right now
Hmm...not sure about that, I am in the western US. My box timezone setting is GMT-06:00 America/Denver MDT if that's what you mean. The original OXP is rather large for a single ship though.
well, my internet connection is quite good. downloading the 16mb of your oxp usually is a matter of seconds rather than minutes, thats what I ment. I suppose it´s because I am in Europe and the box is hosted somewhere in the US. When I play a game on a US server my ping usually is arround 150, while almost any European server has a ping of 20-40..... :wink:

anyway, I have one question: in the first version of the ship, there is a "resources" file outside the oxp folder when unzipping? what shall I do with this one?

greez SARR
Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Stormrider »

I have one question: in the first version of the ship, there is a "resources" file outside the oxp folder when unzipping? what shall I do with this one?
It has some YAH ads, layered texture images, and the .obj file in case you want to create your own version. It's not required for the oxp to run, and I've updated the latest version without it to reduce download time. It's available as a seperate download now.
SirArian
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by SirArian »

Both of the links to your Box account don't work. They are to Box, but they open the account of whoever is signed in, or a login page if no one is. You will have to share a folder and post the link to the folder.

(From this page.)
Bryan Gold wrote:
To make a folder public, click Share at the right of the folder. This will create a link. If you want, then click Access and customize the link to BoxForms or something. You can also customize access to provide an RSS feed or Embed code to embed it in your website. If you don't want to embed, you could use your own wrapper to the folder URL or make it an href link from your own website.
"May Duralium ever stand between you and the Vacuum."
Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Stormrider »

Both of the links to your Box account don't work.
Oops...sorry about that. :oops:

I put everything in a folder and changed the URLs in the links to that. I then logged out of box and tested the links with no problems so I think they'll work now.

Thanks SirArian...I thought that URL seemed generic. :roll:
Griff
Oolite 2 Art Director
Oolite 2 Art Director

Post by Griff »

Fantastic work on these Stormrider, they look awesome, brilliant design - I love the detail in the engines and the ship textures too - really great work
Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Stormrider »

Thanks Griff and thanks to everyone on the BB for all the great information, if you posted anything about texturing, shaders, wings3D, or creating and releasing OXPs then you have likely helped make this OXP a reality. :D

I've finished the no-shader version and uploaded it to my box. The XS is included, but you can disable it if you choose.

Happy Cinco de Mayo everybody. 8)
Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Re: [RELEASE] RNRL_Stormbrewer

Post by Stormrider »

If you tried to download the XS version recently, it was the worng file. I have just uploaded the correct version. Sorry about that everyone. :oops:
Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Stormrider »

I have updated this ship with a new model and textures giving it a fresh look. Now available in the expansion manager.

CWolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CWolf »

Stormrider wrote:
I have updated this ship with a new model and textures giving it a fresh look. Now available in the expansion manager.Image
That's tharging gorgeous!
The act of talking b*ll*cks whilst waving one's arms about wildly is referred to as testiculation.

Stormrider
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Stormrider »

I've added a player version of the Vigilante, updated the shiplibrary.plist, and cleaned up some shipdata errors.
Version 2.9.4 available in the manager.
CWolf wrote:
That's tharging gorgeous!
Wow thanks, sorry I missed this.