Tinkerer's Workshop - OXP tweaking for fun and profit!

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Tinkerer's Workshop - OXP tweaking for fun and profit!

Post by DGill »

Redspear wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 6:11 pm
DGill wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 4:30 pm
but would like to move the model to the space on the right and shrink it down
Total cheat/workaround idea here as I don't know how to do what you're asking exactly the way you're describing it but...

Imagine your image as part of a larger canvas with an alpha channel providing a transparent background.
The shield/medal/whatever placed on the far right of the image, vertically centred.

Result I'd have thought would be that the image is positioned where you want while the alpha channel avoids interfering with other overlays/image placements.

Alas the image is a rotating 3D object defined in the shipdata.plist and not a .png image - I wish it was an image but oolite seems only to allow one overlay to be specified so I thought I might be able to fudge using a 3d object.

I tried looking at the library.pad code for placing multiple image.png but the script is too advanced for me to comprehend.
DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by DGill »

Thanks Redspear, penny finally dropped and issue is now sorted.
Redspear
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Redspear »

DGill wrote: Sun Jan 14, 2024 10:33 am
Thanks Redspear, penny finally dropped and issue is now sorted.
Glad to have helped (...if indeed I did).
DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by DGill »

If dealEnergyDamageWithinDesiredRange is deprecated, what is the correct replacement command?

log file gives:

10:48:53.166 [oxp-standards.deprecated]: dealEnergyDamageWithinDesiredRange is deprecated for <ShipEntity 0x6f781380>{"Splinter" position: (65815, 2.3495e+006, 1.31934e+006)
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

DGill wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 1:41 pm
If dealEnergyDamageWithinDesiredRange is deprecated, what is the correct replacement command?

log file gives:

10:48:53.166 [oxp-standards.deprecated]: dealEnergyDamageWithinDesiredRange is deprecated for <ShipEntity 0x6f781380>{"Splinter" position: (65815, 2.3495e+006, 1.31934e+006)
From our wiki:

Missile explosions

The AI command dealEnergyDamageWithinDesiredRange is obsolete as it has bugs especially apparent at low frame rates. The JS method dealEnergyDamage is recommended.
And there are a number of mentions of "dealEnergyDamageWithinDesiredRange" on this BB
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
DGill
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by DGill »

Thanks Cholmondely, I'll do a bit of searching and see what I can find.