[RELEASE] D.T.T Cyclops 1.0

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] D.T.T Cyclops 1.0

Post by Paradox »

Duggan wrote:
Thank you Paradox,

I now have the D.T.T Fleet in my shipyards :)
(Sniff... Insert warm tingly feeling here.) My pleasure! More coming thanks to Diziet Sma!
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Duggan wrote:
I only ask because when I do a search of these forums for D.T.T, I get a message saying something to the effect of D.T.T being too short a search inquiry and thus I yeild no results . :)
Then you should try using the Oolite BB browser search plugin instead of the board's built-in search facility.. it turns up 144 results for 'D.T.T.' :wink:
spara wrote:
You'll find them from the main list. They are not defined to appear in the ships category listing.
I'll take care of that when I update the Wiki with the new ships tonight.. :wink:
Last edited by Diziet Sma on Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Ranthe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Paraparaumu, New Zealand (TL 8, Rich Agricultural, Multi-Government)

Post by Ranthe »

Paradox wrote:
metatheurgist wrote:
Personal rant: I wish people would stop making dark ships or ships with ridiculously small profiles. The computer doesn't have to be able to see to hit me but I have to be able to see to hit it. It doesn't need any more advantages. :evil: Otherwise It does look very pretty (what I can see of it anyway :P )
Umm "ridiculously small profile"?!?! That's an Anaconda it's sitting next to! They are the same length and the Cyclops is actually wider then the 'conda, it's just not dragging a beer belly on the floor like the 'conda...
Hey! I resemble that remark :D

Seriously though, this looks really nice! Will be downloading. 8)
Commander Ranthe: Flying the Anaconda-class transport Atomic Annie through Galaxy 2.
Combat Ranking: Dangerous
"Big ships take more booty on your interstellar flights..."
Paradox
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Paradox »

Ranthe wrote:
...Umm "ridiculously small profile"?!?! That's an Anaconda it's sitting next to! They are the same length and the Cyclops is actually wider then the 'conda, it's just not dragging a beer belly on the floor like the 'conda...

Hey! I resemble that remark :D

Seriously though, this looks really nice! Will be downloading. 8)
:oops: OOPS! Please give my apologies to Annie. I would never disparage such a voluptuously shaped ship as she. I was referring of course to those other common type Anacondas.. };] Thank you sir, and I do hope you enjoy!
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

I love this ship! I took one into a sun dive for fuel this evening, got jumped by three pirates in really bad glare, so bad that everyone was blundering about at close range. I took out all three by ramming over a minute or so without any damage to the ship.
ffutures
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ffutures »

I still love this ship, but I'd really love to change the paint job a bit, the lower surface is a bit garish. Any simple way to tone the colours down a little?
CWolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CWolf »

Awesome ship! Love the shape.
The act of talking b*ll*cks whilst waving one's arms about wildly is referred to as testiculation.

Astrobe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Astrobe »

Real nice ship as usual. My savings will go for sure into a DTT ship.
Zireael wrote:
Maybe it could be done with some red lightballs like in Norby's Telescope?
You can achieve an IR effect with the Headlights OXZ. When you set it to minimum, and decrease it again, the gamma goes max and everything looks a bit IR-like. The effect is sufficiently unpleasant that you don't want to have it on all the time. You can easily turn it off by increasing the value again, which has the effect to set it back to minimum. This works fine if you like your ooniverse really dark, though. It should be easy to tweak the OXZ so that it switched back and forth between two gamma values.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

Astrobe wrote:
You can achieve an IR effect with the Headlights OXZ. When you set it to minimum, and decrease it again, the gamma goes max and everything looks a bit IR-like.
Good idea, I polished further in Headlights v1.2.