Useful MFDs [mini-OXP]

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Useful MFDs [mini-OXP]

Post by Diziet Sma »

Another is Spara's Trophy Collector. The 1.79 version has an MFD as well.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
CaptSolo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CaptSolo »

Cody wrote:
Do you have the Ship's Library installed, Solo? Available from the in-game OXZ manager in 1.79 (and you'd need to buy the Ship's Library Flight Interface thingy). You could read the Extracts from the Tre Clan Addresses on Interplanetary Life (also in the OXZ manager, I think) whilst cruising the 'lanes - very entertaining.
Did have Ship's Library... When was that... 1.76 maybe? I'll give this a try. Thanks.
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Diziet Sma wrote:
I like what this does, but I don't like that I can't turn it off when I don't want it on-screen. The various other MFDs can be toggled off, but when I toggle this one off, it comes back on again by itself a moment later. If you could fix this, it would be very handy.

(I look forward to the 'damaged equipment' function, if you can get it working.. that would really be helpful.)
I am not good at Oolite modding, if anyone knows how to fix it and wants to, it'd be great.

And someone else already made what I was trying to, that is - a manifest MFD.

Maybe we could pack the MFD OXPs together?
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Zireael wrote:
I think they should be kept separate so that you can mix 'n match to your liking. They do clutter your MFDs, don't they. You can also define some more MFDs to your HUD, if you fancy them a lot. Take a peek at Aad-HUD, it defines 4 MFDs.
StathisR
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by StathisR »

Zireael wrote:
Diziet Sma wrote:
I like what this does, but I don't like that I can't turn it off when I don't want it on-screen. The various other MFDs can be toggled off, but when I toggle this one off, it comes back on again by itself a moment later. If you could fix this, it would be very handy.

(I look forward to the 'damaged equipment' function, if you can get it working.. that would really be helpful.)
I am not good at Oolite modding, if anyone knows how to fix it and wants to, it'd be great.

And someone else already made what I was trying to, that is - a manifest MFD.

In the script.js file remark line 24

player.ship.setMultiFunctionDisplay(1,"useful_MFD_general_info");

and it will work like the other MFDs
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

Useful MFD update by Norby to make it compatible with HUD Selector: https://app.box.com/s/bnta8z8mdzf2ogix4mgytyv7fsbu3ur1
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dybal »

Adds Service Level, Fuel Leak and Available Fuel (I like to know the fuel numbers since I run the HardWay OXP and it takes fuel to cruise):

Code: Select all

this.$showGeneralInfo = function() {
|       player.ship.setMultiFunctionText("useful_MFD_general_info", "Service level: "+ player.ship.serviceLevel + "%\nFuel Leak rate: " + player.ship.fueelLeakRate + "LY/s\nFuel: " +player.ship.fuel + "LY\nCredits: " + player.credits + "\n Legal Status : " + player.legalStatus + " (" + player.bounty + ") \n Rating: " + player.rank + " ( " + player.score + " ) \n Current date: " + this.$setDateSince(3142, 2, 21) + " Kills per day: " + this.$killRate(), true);
//    player.ship.setMultiFunctionDisplay(1,"useful_MFD_general_info");
}
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

dybal wrote: Tue Feb 11, 2020 6:00 pm
Adds Service Level, Fuel Leak and Available Fuel (I like to know the fuel numbers since I run the HardWay OXP and it takes fuel to cruise):

Code: Select all

this.$showGeneralInfo = function() {
|       player.ship.setMultiFunctionText("useful_MFD_general_info", "Service level: "+ player.ship.serviceLevel + "%\nFuel Leak rate: " + player.ship.fueelLeakRate + "LY/s\nFuel: " +player.ship.fuel + "LY\nCredits: " + player.credits + "\n Legal Status : " + player.legalStatus + " (" + player.bounty + ") \n Rating: " + player.rank + " ( " + player.score + " ) \n Current date: " + this.$setDateSince(3142, 2, 21) + " Kills per day: " + this.$killRate(), true);
//    player.ship.setMultiFunctionDisplay(1,"useful_MFD_general_info");
}
Apologies - do you mean that this is a tweak for Useful MFDs which is compatible with Oolite v1.88/1.90 and which is useful for Stranger's HardWay?

If so, please let me know as I'll want to bung in a reference to this in Hard Way when I post it on the Wiki (unless you would rather do that yourself!).
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dybal »

UsefulMFDs v0.4 is available on the Expansion Manager and here.

Changes:
  • compatible with HUDSelector Station Interface to assign MFDs to MFD slots;
  • The General Info MFD has info on the ship (name, service level, trade-in value, next revision cost, fuel) and player (credit balance, legal status, rank, parcel reputation) plus solar wind (useful for HardWay users) and date;
  • The Market MFD has info about the commodities in the cargo hold and their availability and price at the main station market;
Last edited by dybal on Mon Nov 09, 2020 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Hero!

Thank you!
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

New Wiki page here: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Useful_MFDs

Edit:
• The MFD on the top left in the photo does not give the date. I assume that this is due to the Fuel line overrunning its line thanks to the inclusion of the Solar Wind value. (Date is also lost on my Windows non-Strangers World Useful MFD due to ship title Crepuscular Calumniation overrunning the line).

• Is the Solar Wind just the rate of scoop at the prevailing speed - or is it the total adjustment to the fuel level (including usage for travel/energy used by shields etc/solar wind scooped)?

• What is the Fuel Leak rate (mentioned above) supposed to be? The usage of fuel whilst travelling in Hard Way - or something else?

• As regards the entry on the Expansions Manager - would it make more sense to have it listed as (HUDs) MFD-Useful MFDs so that is grouped with the other MFDs when one scrolls through?
Comments wanted:
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[RELEASE] Useful MFDs v0.5

Post by dybal »

[EliteWiki] Useful MFDs OXP v0.5 is available on the Expansion Manager and here;

Changes
  • Deals with interstellar space in Market MFD.
Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Milo »

08:33:48.234 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType] ReportJSError: ***** JavaScript exception (useful_MFDs 0.5): TypeError: ship.position is undefined
08:33:48.234 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType] ReportJSError: E:\Oolite/oolite.app/GNUstep/Library/ApplicationSupport/Oolite/ManagedAddOns/oolite.oxp.zirael.UsefulMFDs.oxz/Config/script.js, line 85.
When player ejects / player ship is destroyed.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

The "Solar flux" values given (for Stranger's World) are non-sensical - they seem to be the inverse of what they are (increasing as one gets further from the star). Compare the values on the solar data MFD (Advanced System Data MFD) provided by his Sun Gear MFD.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Solar_Wind_Flux

I would presume that this would be a very simple fix for someone who understands the Dark Arts...

Umm ... maybe not: it actually works some of the time!

Edited to add rider about working some of the time
Comments wanted:
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Cholmondely wrote: Fri Jul 16, 2021 12:44 pm
The "Solar flux" values given (for Stranger's World) are non-sensical - they seem to be the inverse of what they are (increasing as one gets further from the star). Compare the values on the solar data MFD (Advanced System Data MFD) provided by his Sun Gear MFD.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Solar_Wind_Flux

I would presume that this would be a very simple fix for someone who understands the Dark Arts...

Umm ... maybe not: it actually works some of the time!
Edited to add: this has now been fixed by Dybal

There is the above issue which may be related to a second issue, spotted by Arquebus:
arquebus wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 7:30 am
I found the problem!

You'll never guess.

You'll never, ever guess. It's such a weird thing to be causing the problem.

UsefulMFDs.

I suspect that the General Info MFD is constantly polling for updates, but I can't be sure, as there is nothing in the log reflecting its behavior.
Last edited by Cholmondely on Sat Aug 20, 2022 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comments wanted: