Looking for Ulite minions for my alliance

Off topic discussion zone.

Moderators: another_commander, winston, Cody

Psylem
Poor
Poor

Looking for Ulite minions for my alliance

Post by Psylem »

I found Ulite, a text/browser based MMO from a page in the Elite wiki. Does anyone here play it? From the top-100 page it seems like there's all of about 5 English speaking players.

I've been at it a couple months, and in spite of the lack of English help resources/community I've managed fund a decent ship, found an alliance (of one) and build my first space station. I recently inherited a wad of credits from a philanthropic stranger for no apparent reason just before they quit the game, which helped finance the station. Now I need help getting it supplied, anyone want to join me? Caution: Ulite is extremely geeky. If you can't stand text based games it's probably not for you. :wink:

BTW, if anyone here is an admin for the Elite Wiki, I'd love to add/update some pages on Ulite for English players.
Last edited by Psylem on Fri Dec 06, 2013 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Looking for Ulite minions for my alliance

Post by JazHaz »

I've just registered, as JazHaz. Dunno what I'm doing yet.
Psylem
Poor
Poor

Post by Psylem »

It takes a while, but the in game tips are useful to get started. There is a skill system, you have to fly between plenty of systems and train a good crew before you can pilot better ships. Oh, and don't give your crew a raise until they ask for it. I learned the hard way they get greedy fast! If you give them a pay raise before they feel their due one, they'll still ask for more when what ever triggers them to do so comes round next (even if it's an hour since the last raise).

The system map had me confused for about a week until I realised Firefox or maybe just my zoom settings screwed it up. Early on the map doesn't matter much when you're just doing missions or trading in the neutral zone. All the sectors between 10,10 and -10,-10 only contain neutral bases.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Psylem wrote:
BTW, if anyone here is an admin for the Elite Wiki, I'd love to add/update some pages on Ulite for English players.
Message one of the admins for the wiki, see here: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php?title= ... roup=sysop. Either message them directly on the wiki or better yet (they will get email notifications) PM them on this here BBS.

I have wiki access but not an admin.

Here's the list of the Ulite pages that exist so far: http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Category:Ulite
Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Zireael »

... and I'm another player who discovered this great game via Elite Wiki.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Zireael wrote:
... and I'm another player who discovered this great game via Elite Wiki.
You have mail in the game...!
Psylem
Poor
Poor

Post by Psylem »

Those that are interested, when deciding what profession to select, "Researcher" comes highly recommended!

Jaz picked that one and doubled our research output as soon as his first space station was up and running. Research has got to be one of the most beneficial and hardest skills to develop, so getting a head start on that front really helps. I've been playing for months now and my research experience has got to be less than a quarter of what Jaz started with I'm guessing, and I'm still yet to gain a single research level yet.

If you want to compare starting skills of each profession, I've put the table up at the bottom of this page... http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/Ulite:_Overview
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Ulite is a very interesting game. It's very different to Elite, although based upon and set in the same universe as FFE. Yes you can trade, go on missions for the military and fight NPCs, but you can also own stations, manage resources and research new technologies.

Trading goods have a new dimension, they are not just things to take from place to place making you money, they can be produced and consumed by your workers in your stations.

I really like this game, its something I will continue to play. As pyslem said, it would be cool to get some more players.

We have been working on producing English language wiki pages on our Elite Wiki, see here: Ulite Category on the Elite Wiki

EDIT: the game itself (no-one has said lol) is found here: ulite.de
Commander Wilmot
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Commander Wilmot »

Hey, I have tried registering a couple times and have never received an email. Any idea who I should contact?

edit: Nevermind. The system finally worked.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Commander Wilmot wrote:
Hey, I have tried registering a couple times and have never received an email. Any idea who I should contact?
Hmmm, you are listed as a player on the members list. Here's a link to your profile.

I suggest that you check your Spam folder for the email. Mine came with the subject Ulite - Ulite - Account. It was a simple three line email, with a password.

EDIT: Ninja'd by Commander Wilmot himself!
Sendraks
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Sendraks »

I might give this a look tonight. Sounds like an interestimng hybrid of EvE and Elite.