[RELEASE] Gallery OXP v1.21

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Re: [RELEASE] Gallery OXP v1.0

Post by Norby »

pagroove wrote:
The Exhibitions screens need some proofreading by an English native speaker because there are many errors in it.
There are no native english speaker around me so I need contributors from the community.
Cody helped to me once, maybe again?
pagroove wrote:
Also the Exhibitions itself are too much for my computer (a Macbook Pro 2011 with a 2 GHZ Core and 4 GB ram).
How many ships you have installed (about) or how many rows you see in the showed ship matrix?
Maybe you have many ships with large textures and few memory in your graphics card?
I use an i3 with integrated graphics but I increased the allocated graphics memory in BIOS for sure.
pagroove wrote:
Maybe an idea to put the exhibitions in a seperate.oxp?
I tend to bundle many function into one OXP mainly due to the lack of an automatic updater. After we have one we can discuss it again.
pagroove wrote:
Also I think that the locations (in the Aegis) of those exhibitions is not the best place for the framerate. Maybe lowering the amount of ships by a factor 4 is an idea and then placing them near the sun with an exhibition beacon next to it?
I think you mean Salon of purchaseable ships due to the type specific exhibitions are near witchpoints and contains max. 64 ships, except large ones which can be limited in js to 64 if needed.

In Salon there are no limit due to it is an eye-candy feature which is not affect your visitor carreer.
Currently you can move out the half of your ship OXPs and see all of them in two step only, but I have an idea to limit the size of Salon using FCB delay value to keep up a reasonable FPS.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

mmm there where about 162 ships in my salon exhibition. And yes. I have many OXP's installed.
I can check for some errors in the text. But I'm not a native speaker. :D
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Ranthe
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Paraparaumu, New Zealand (TL 8, Rich Agricultural, Multi-Government)

Post by Ranthe »

Norby wrote:
pagroove wrote:
The Exhibitions screens need some proofreading by an English native speaker because there are many errors in it.
There are no native english speaker around me so I need contributors from the community.
I'm a native English speaker - what's the best way of providing proofreading feedback to you?
Commander Ranthe: Flying the Anaconda-class transport Atomic Annie through Galaxy 2.
Combat Ranking: Dangerous
"Big ships take more booty on your interstellar flights..."
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

Ranthe wrote:
I'm a native English speaker - what's the best way of providing proofreading feedback to you?
Either in private message or in email to norbylite at gmail com, as you wish. Thank you!
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Gallery OXP v1.12

Post by Norby »

[wiki]Gallery[/wiki] v1.12 is proofreaded by Ranthe, thanks!

Regarding Graphics poll there is a performance test in Gallery also: buy Private Exhibition Control equipment, undock and write here how many ships and FPS (Shift+F) you get.
If your FPS maxed out at 60 then install more ship OXPs. ;)

You can set your wished minimal FPS in exhibitions.js. First two seconds after undock are used for measurement and if result is lower than MinFPS then Private Exhibition will be splitted into more parts, use mode (b) key after primed Private Exhibition Control to show the next part.

My i3 HD4000 do 25 FPS with 66 ships and 30 FPS if Private Exhibition is splitted into two parts (33 ships).
Please publish your results, screenshots are welcomed also.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Gallery OXP v1.14

Post by Norby »

[wiki]Gallery[/wiki] v1.14 is further proofreaded by Keeper (thanks!) and changed all instances of Salon to Private Exhibition.
Keeper
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Gallery OXP v1.14

Post by Keeper »

Just had this in my log (1.79-trunk), which looks like it relates to the Gallery OXP:

Code: Select all

16:54:52.768 [strings.expand.warning.unknownExpansion]: ----- WARNING: Unknown expansion key [Exhibition Guard] in string.
16:54:52.768 [strings.expand.warning.unbalancedClosingBracket]: ----- WARNING: Unbalanced ] in string.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Gallery OXP v1.15

Post by Norby »

Thank you for the report, [EliteWiki] v1.15 contain a workaroud which should fix the "Unknown expansion key [Exhibition Guard]" log messages.
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Gallery OXP v1.15

Post by Duggan »

I do think , as communicated already. That this excellent oxp would lose nothing with the absence of an armada of Gallery ships in front of the galcop station. Private Exhibition Control equipment overloads my game and causes crashes in Oolite in my experience. :)
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Gallery OXP v1.16

Post by Norby »

[EliteWiki] Gallery v1.16 contain a fix for slow startup with many OXZ in Oolite 1.79, thanks to Thargoid.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: [RELEASE] Gallery OXP v1.16

Post by Thargoid »

Happy to say it seems to have resolved that little issue completely :)

Well done that man!
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Gallery OXP v1.17

Post by Norby »

The faster startup caused problems in ship names in Gallery what I can not fix easily and cim made a fix which solved the soruce of slowdown so I reverted back to the original startup method in [EliteWiki] v1.17.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Partly-solved, perhaps. It won't stop memory issues: ships are only garbage collected at the end of the frame.

Code which adds a ship to the universe and then removes it in the same function really shouldn't be necessary. What are you trying to do?
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

I must know ship names to create an ordered list but I have dataKeys only.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Got it. Ship.shipDataForKey will be available in tonight's build. Note that there are at least four [wiki]shipdata.plist[/wiki] properties ("name", "ship_class_name", "ship_name" and "display_name") which can make up a ship's name, so it's not completely straightforward.