[RELEASE] Gallery OXP v1.21

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Re: [RELEASE] Gallery OXP v0.7

Post by Norby »

Duggan wrote:
I was wondering what to do with an oxz file, I'd usually add an oxp folder to the add ons folder, however I have no idea where to insert an oxz expansion in the game. :)
In Oolite v1.77 make a Gallery.oxp subfolder in your AddOns folder and unzip the .oxz file into the newly created subfolder.
another_commander wrote:
Maybe it would be best to keep the recommended version at 1.77.1 and wait until 1.79 ships out before advising players to use it with your OXP?
I targeted my recommendation for this OXP only, but to prevent confusion now replaced to "1.79 needed to get all functionality, but development versions of Oolite can cause surprises or suffer changes, use at your own risk".
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

Thank you both cim and Norby, I did have to look up how to unzip oxz's and it seems on first blush the file is Mac as opposed to Windows anyway. :)
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
Robin
Average
Average

Post by Robin »

Norby I just wanted to say I think this looks really great, a good way of appreciating the effort the community has put into ship design.

However, I particularly like the idea of the gallery expanding as ships are encountered for the first time, I think OXPs like this (and e.g. trophy collector et al) can really add to the excitement of progress and achievement in the game.

Slightly off-topic for a second but on the subject of 1.79, does anyone know if there is an approximate release date for those of us that shy away from the nightly builds?
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Robin wrote:
Slightly off-topic for a second but on the subject of 1.79, does anyone know if there is an approximate release date for those of us that shy away from the nightly builds?
2014. No more precise than that at this stage.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Gallery OXP v0.8

Post by Norby »

Robin wrote:
I think this looks really great, a good way of appreciating the effort the community has put into ship design.
Thank you! For example really worth to look into Gallery after installed Z-GrOovY's additions into [wiki]Griff_Industries[/wiki] if you want to find a beautiful playable Cobra Mark III in 3D. :)

Gallery v0.8 is out with some fixes and displayed shields from [EliteWiki] NPC shields and CustomShields OXPs.
ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by ZygoUgo »

Are these under improved shaders in 1.79? They look much better than on my monitor :!:
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

ZygoUgo wrote:
Are these under improved shaders in 1.79? They look much better than on my monitor :!:
Screenshots are maded in 1.79 using stock ships which maded without shaders.
HardShips has shaders if you want compare.
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

Hello Norby Just to mention,

While having a play with this oxp I have noticed that the large Asteroids textures from the Asteroid storm oxp are as yet not included in gallery oxp.
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Gallery OXP v0.9

Post by Norby »

I am planning to extend this oxp with Exhibitions, please comment it.

"You get messages about incoming ship meetings which can be reviewed in Gallery interface.
Plan your route to arrive to the advertised systems in time. Exhibitions organized near witchpoints.

You can request a permission for rotating ships, after you got it you can start-stop rotation with target lock.
To help find which ship is missing from your Gallery these will start rotating initially when you got your permission.
Make a target lock on each rotating ship to gather these into your Gallery.
After 5 minutes you must join into the queue again due to others want control also.

Your visit will be registered when you target a ship in an exhibition.
You can increase your Visitor Level if you check more exhibitions."

To get a preview [EliteWiki] v0.9 contain a variant of this concept named Salon which show playable ships if you buy a Salon Control equipment. Here is an unpolished screenshot:

Duggan wrote:
large Asteroids textures from the Asteroid storm oxp are as yet not included in gallery oxp.
I can not reproduce, my gallery included these. Please send more details in PM.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

That looks really fun. Wonder what happens if someone tries to Q-bomb it? :twisted: :mrgreen: :D

BTW I love the Gallery. What about making it so that you have to 'scan' each for a few seconds to add a ship? Now if a ship enters scanner range it gets added. I want to fly close to a ship (say a few Oolite Units OU) and then the 'scanning software' kicks in. Is that an idea?

Also I want to see the last 10 encounters so that you can search easier for the ship you just saw.
But Excellent OXP (also for Eyecandy).

EDIT to add: I don't think the Thargoids would allow their weapons to an exhibitions, or are these 'captured' ones.
For P.A. Groove's music check
https://soundcloud.com/p-a-groove
Famous Planets v 2.7. (for Povray)
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13709
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Norby »

pagroove wrote:
Wonder what happens if someone tries to Q-bomb it? :twisted: :mrgreen: :D
There is a fine for each killed ship, but if you want then I can add a check if fines step over a level then player must go to jail and press space. ;)
pagroove wrote:
you have to 'scan' each for a few seconds to add a ship?
Not so hard to do but I think it is better to add what you locked only. It is not a real encounter imho if a ship fly into radar range then leave it soon.
pagroove wrote:
I want to see the last 10 encounters so that you can search easier for the ship you just saw.
Good idea, added into my todo. Thank you!
pagroove wrote:
I don't think the Thargoids would allow their weapons to an exhibitions, or are these 'captured' ones.
These playable ones comes from OXPs. I am not sure but I think better if I do not exclude these, if somebody install an OXP to play with alien ships then I guess he want to see here also.
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

I like this a lot Norby, will look into it in greater detail when I've finished my shippack. Great stuff.
Alpha Backer of Elite Dangerous
With 250 GBP :D
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Gallery OXP v1.0

Post by Norby »

[EliteWiki] Gallery 1.0 is done with Exhibitions where you can find rare ships and increase your Visitor Level.

Last encounters is implemented also.
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Downloading Norby. :mrgreen:
pagroove
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by pagroove »

Hi Norby.

Some feedback:
Loving the OXP but having some issues:

- The Exhibitions screens need some proofreading by an English native speaker because there are many errors in it.

- Also the Exhibitions itself are too much for my computer (a Macbook Pro 2011 with a 2 GHZ Core and 4 GB ram). The system almost freezes.

- Maybe an idea to put the exhibitions in a seperate.oxp? Also I think that the locations (in the Aegis) of those exhibitions is not the best place for the framerate. Maybe lowering the amount of ships by a factor 4 is an idea and then placing them near the sun with an exhibition beacon next to it?