[Release] Stations for Extra Planets

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Keeper
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Stations for Extra Planets

Post by Keeper »

I haven't played Oolite in a couple years but I just realized that, since people don't like the Constores because they make the game too easy by their location at the witchpoint, perhaps they could be incorporated into SFEP.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Keeper wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:22 am
I haven't played Oolite in a couple years but I just realized that, since people don't like the Constores because they make the game too easy by their location at the witchpoint, perhaps they could be incorporated into SFEP.
Who does not like Constores? Shame on them. :mrgreen:

SFEP already has that one version without the ads, since at the time it was one of the main station variants. Not sure about the actual Constores as a main station replacement, since that's what SFEP stations try to mimic. I'll ponder a bit.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Nite Owl wrote: Tue Oct 30, 2018 5:16 am
Found a minor problem with the S-A1 Coriolis Station by smivs. Had trouble manually docking at this station as the docking port was always showing up as extremely dark on at least two of the five sides. This made it difficult to judge my ship's distance from those sides. Took a look at the shipdata.plist for this station and found the cause. Did not use the BBCode for <code> here as you cannot highlight text inside of it as it is a highlight in and of itself.

"sfep_smivs_coriolis-station" = {
like_ship = "sfep_template";
materials = {
"smivs-coriolis-front.png" = {
diffuse_map = "sfep_smivs_coriolis_front.png";
emission_map = "sfep_smivs_coriolis_front_em.png";
shininess = 75; <--THIS IS THE PROBLEM
specular_color = ( 0.3, 0.3, 0.3, 1.0 );
};
"smivs-coriolis-back.png" = {
diffuse_map = "sfep_smivs_coriolis_back.png";
emission_map = "sfep_smivs_coriolis_back_em.png";
shininess = 4;
};
"smivs-coriolis-side.png" = {
diffuse_map = "sfep_smivs_coriolis_side.png";
emission_map = "sfep_smivs_coriolis_side_em.png";
shininess = 4;
};

None of the other stations in the OXZ have a shininess setting of 75 for any of their dock facings. The problem code appears around Line 354 in Notepad++. Tweaked the shininess settings in all of the above code to shininess = 7 and the problem has been resolved. Surprised no one else noticed this. Perhaps the overuse of Docking Computers has made them complacent. Either that or my own obsessive and compulsive nature with such things is showing again. Thank You spara for this OXZ as it has made the game much more enjoyable.
Glad you enjoy the OXP :D

That's a bug, the shininess should be 4. I'll fix it.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

New version is up (2.0.1)

* fixed buoy tumbling as per UK_Eliter's report
* fixed shininess of S-A1 Coriolis Station as per Nite Owl's report
phkb
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Impressively Grand Sub-Admiral
Location: Writing more OXPs, because the world needs more OXPs.

Post by phkb »

Keeper wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 12:22 am
because they make the game too easy by their location at the witchpoint
From what I see in the game at the moment, Constores have already had their "easy-mode" slashed: you can't buy fuel there, and the markets have been limited to prevent exploitation. The only thing they provide, which might be considered "easy-mode", is a refuge in the event you're swamped at the witch-point by loads of assassins.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: [Release] Stations for Extra Planets oxp 1.6

Post by Cholmondely »

spara wrote: Sat May 17, 2014 6:22 pm
This oxp is now available from the expansion pack manager for Oolite 1.79. To make saving at the station work, I had to combine this oxp with Additional Planets oxp. Meaning that this oxp now only works with the Additional planets oxp.
How would one tweak this to work with other oxp's adding planets to solar systems?

We currently have:

Planet Redux
Planet Demux
Deep Horizons
Strangers World (with it's own Orbital Stations - all research stations - for dynamic orbits)

in addition to the Additional Planets suite

Reference: Guide to Ambience OXPs
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Stations for Extra Planets oxp 1.6

Post by spara »

Cholmondely wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:40 pm
spara wrote: Sat May 17, 2014 6:22 pm
This oxp is now available from the expansion pack manager for Oolite 1.79. To make saving at the station work, I had to combine this oxp with Additional Planets oxp. Meaning that this oxp now only works with the Additional planets oxp.
How would one tweak this to work with other oxp's adding planets to solar systems?

We currently have:

Planet Redux
Planet Demux
Deep Horizons
Strangers World (with it's own Orbital Stations - all research stations - for dynamic orbits)

in addition to the Additional Planets suite

Reference: Guide to Ambience OXPs
Sfep uses the currently correct way of adding stations to a system by setting a populator. Not to step on planet adding oxps' toes, sfep oxp works as a slave to additional planets so that when a planet with an atmosphere is set for the populator, a station is set too. That means, the planet adding oxps have total control over adding stations on their planets.

Redux, Demux and DH are all deprecated oxps and do not use populator for adding stations. Additional planets was written to replace these, thus you can choose their textures for it (except for DH probably for licencing issues or something if I recall it correctly).

To make it work with SW, it has to use populator (which I assume it does as a "modern" oxp) and a few lines of code have to be added to it.

Check the script.js in additional planets oxp for guidance how to do this.

1. Set the station array for the system before adding planets. (134-135)
2. Setting the populator for a station for a planet. (224-225)

It's been a while, but I think that's all there is to it. Try and if you cannot make it work, just ask and I'll try to help.