Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Better Screens OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Better Screens OXP

Post by JazHaz »

Smivs wrote:
v1.2 is now available.
Thanks to Svengali, this is now fully compatible with BGS. If you wish to use the Better Screens backgrounds with BGS you simply need to install Better Screens OXP and disable the 'backgroundscreens.plist' in BGS-A. More detailed instructions are in the Better Screens readme.
Cool. I'm glad I made the suggestion. Good work people! :)
BuggyBY
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by BuggyBY »

Smivs wrote:
v1.2 is now available.
Thanks to Svengali, this is now fully compatible with BGS. If you wish to use the Better Screens backgrounds with BGS you simply need to install Better Screens OXP and disable the 'backgroundscreens.plist' in BGS-A. More detailed instructions are in the Better Screens readme.
I have yet to install it, but just a quick heads-up: the download page still says "Click on the button below to download 'Better Screens V1.1 OXP'."
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

BuggyBY wrote:
...the download page still says "Click on the button below to download 'Better Screens V1.1 OXP'."
:oops: Thanks BuggyBY, corrected now.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
OneoftheLost
Deadly
Deadly

Post by OneoftheLost »

I quite like this OXP! BGS always felt.. cluttered to me. I find it rather distracting. Better Screens is a much better solution for these weary eyes. Thanks again. :)
Profile: Commander Kolt
Ship: Cobra III - Longinus V
Elite Rating:Poor
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: Better Screens OXP

Post by Smivs »

With well over 4000 downloads this OXP is undoubtedly popular, but is now in need of some updating as a lot of screen-related features have changed or been added within the core game. And the truth is I don't have time to look at it as RL is taking all my time and will continue to do so for some time.
If anybody would like to adopt Better Screens and update and maintain it, I would be happy to pass the baton to them. I can let a new keeper have all the graphical resources etc relating to it. Anybody taking this project over would also be wise to get in touch with Svengali as we have recently been discussing ways of getting screen OXPs to play nicely with each other and the core game.
Anybody interested?
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.