Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

i am a fugitive...

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

kaypy
Above Average
Above Average

Post by kaypy »

This probably unnecessary.

I would guess that the code for the wormholes already has a "find planets within 7 ly" routine (otherwise how do they avoid jumping clear across the galaxy?). So if that was exposed it could be used a few times to get a planet a couple of jumps away.

Hmm. If you wanted to be really clever you could probably even have your target warp to new systems periodically...

OK, you'd need to have find_nearby_planet or whatever added to the scripting interface, but that doesnt normally take very long around here...

Kris
Arexack_Heretic
Dangerous Subversive Element
Dangerous Subversive Element
Location: [%H] = Earth surface, Lattitude 52°10'58.19"N, longtitude 4°30'0.25"E.

Post by Arexack_Heretic »

hmmm....interesting.

I'd thought it a hardcoded thing...

Maybe when Giles looks this way, He can shed some light on this mechanism.
And if a new medhod would be called for, I'd like to see the range variable (findRandomPlanetWithinRange: r).
Riding the Rocket!
CWolf
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CWolf »

I was thinking about the Fugitive status the other day.

What we need is for it to really mean something, maybe have it so that as a fugitive you can only dock with Rock Hermits and not stations? Make it so that the station tractor beams repel you.

Obviously this means you would rely a lot more on sun skimming for fuel but that's what you accept for stepping outside the law.

This sort of adaption should not be too hard to impliment...

(copied into suggestions)
The act of talking b*ll*cks whilst waving one's arms about wildly is referred to as testiculation.