Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[Release] GalNavy additions (was Adck's Behemoths Redux)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] GalNavy additions (was Adck's Behemoths Redux)

Post by spara »

JazHaz wrote:
I did try to get the BGS docking tunnel in it (used Notepad++), but probably narfed it somehow.
The latest GalNavy facelift should do that for you. Unless there is a bug lurking somewhere :evil: .

Here's a pic of the revived adck's type 3. Only type 4 to go :D .

JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Those engine glows look cool. Rather hot I mean.
DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by DaddyHoggy »

JazHaz wrote:
Those engine glows look cool. Rather hot I mean.
Well, the blue bits will be hotter than the red bits...
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Behemoth types 3 & 4 are finally ready. For consistency, I have changed the name from extra behemoths to behemoth 3-4. When installing, remove the old extra behemoths oxp. Download link is in the first post and wiki.

* This oxp adds 8 + 8 uniquely named behemoths (Adck's types 3 & 4) to the Behemoths and to the GalNavy. Textures, normal maps and effect maps have been retouched. Dock is Griff's.

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Now that 1.77.1 is out, I'm cleaning my desk to take a break from tinkering. Here's my so far final version (fingers crossed) of GalNavy Facelift (1.3). Download link updated in the first post and wiki.

* Fixed a few smooth = true cases.
* Added spotlights to PAGrooves Behemoth type 1 to better fit in with other behemoths.

JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Looking good so far. Thought I'd check out the wiki page, only to find SimonB's Navy Class Carrier was missing. So I added it, with the same description and link as on P.1 of this thread.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

JazHaz wrote:
Looking good so far. Thought I'd check out the wiki page, only to find SimonB's Navy Class Carrier was missing. So I added it, with the same description and link as on P.1 of this thread.
Thanks. I'll be making a release version of it in the weekend. Small tweaks, nothing drastic.
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Before release, would it be an idea to harmonise the oxp folder names, so that they sit next to each other in the AddOns folder? Perhaps rename them with GalNavy Additions in front?
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

JazHaz wrote:
Before release, would it be an idea to harmonise the oxp folder names, so that they sit next to each other in the AddOns folder? Perhaps rename them with GalNavy Additions in front?
I've sort of done something like that :). Behemoths are named Behemoth_3-4 and Behemoth_ncc so they group next to the Behemoth oxp. GalNavy facelift groups naturally next to GalNavy, although GalNavy is not required, as this facelift can also be used with Behemoth oxp only. Destroyer and Carriers are a bit of a left overs that I just wanted to make available. I'll name them more consistently, if I ever touch them.

I've put out a release version (1.0) of the Navy Class Carrier by SimonB. Small shipdata tweaks from previous version. Download link in the first post and wiki.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

One more GalNavy oxp revived :D. Here is a wip version (0.1) of SimonB's Light Destroyer. Shipdata has been fixed and Navy roles have been given. Player version has been removed, now it's Navy NPC only. Specs wise it's a bit tougher nut to crack than Navy Transport (Anaconda). It can be found in place of Navy Transport from time to time. Oxp is quite finished, but better let it be wip first, before making a release.

Download link in the first post and feedback much appreciated.

JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

Ooh! Another tough looking Navy ship. One question, how's the balance? Will the thargoids be outmatched now?
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

JazHaz wrote:
Ooh! Another tough looking Navy ship. One question, how's the balance? Will the thargoids be outmatched now?
It makes the Navy more powerful, but it should not tilt the balance that much. The ship substitutes about 1/3 of Navy Transports and it's better in almost every aspect, except for number of missiles. I'll be glad to hear experiences of it in game and balance the ship accordingly. For now the stats are as Simon defined them.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Navy Light Destroyer, a beautiful ship modelled and textured by SimonB, is now released. Download link in the first post and wiki. See image a couple of posts above.

The ship has been toned down a bit to not tilt the balance too much. It's a little tougher than Transport but only a little. This ship replaces about 1/3 of the Transport ships.

Enjoy.
Cpt
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cpt »

spara wrote:
It makes the Navy more powerful, but it should not tilt the balance that much.
The only thing the Navy seem virtually incapable of winning against is the tough yet tiny Thargoid Controller... ::shrugs::
Oolite is Ooheavy... Cpt says "Write on Commander"
<<My other spaceship is a Thargoid Pathfinder, from the wrong side of Riedquat >>
metatheurgist
Competent
Competent

Post by metatheurgist »

I keep meaning to ask about Thargoid controllers...surely those things aren't working as intended? They are seriously annoying.