Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

[Release] GalNavy additions (was Adck's Behemoths Redux)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Adck's Behemoths Redux

Post by spara »

After a second (and a third) look at the behemoth oxp, I have to say that I was wrong :(. There's nothing wrong there. The only funny thing is, that the behemoth colossus's datakey differs from others. I still have no idea, why Rorschachhamster saw Behemoth Type 21. There's nothing that should summon it in the first place. The only thing I can think of, is that something has gone wrong in the like_ship chain. Keep reporting, if it still happens.

New and hopefully final version (1.1.3) is up :D. Military station now has a proper docking bay, I somehow missed that earlier.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

JazHaz wrote:
Smivs wrote:
Diziet Sma wrote:
Yet another case of sloppy case..
Yes, I'm afraid we are still seeing far too many of these. :roll:
Get yourself windows then you won't have any problems! :twisted:
A classic example of a case where the cure is worse than the disease! :twisted: :lol:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Rorschachhamster
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rorschachhamster »

spara wrote:
After a second (and a third) look at the behemoth oxp, I have to say that I was wrong :(. There's nothing wrong there. The only funny thing is, that the behemoth colossus's datakey differs from others. I still have no idea, why Rorschachhamster saw Behemoth Type 21. There's nothing that should summon it in the first place. The only thing I can think of, is that something has gone wrong in the like_ship chain. Keep reporting, if it still happens.

New and hopefully final version (1.1.3) is up :D. Military station now has a proper docking bay, I somehow missed that earlier.
When I go back to Anasu (Galaxy 2 #96), I see them almost every time... No errors I found. Will take a look at the log after having stopped the AI-logging, so it won't be clustered with messages... tomorrow, probably. :wink:
Duggan
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Duggan »

Occasionally...and I blame myself for being bone idle. The docking computers upon docking with a Secom station will quiet gladly have me collide with a Behemoth or other large orbiting Naval vessel.

Not that I am worried.. but it's the paint work, see. I keep having to go to HalfOOrds for some of that scratch remOOver stuff. :)

While I am at the subject , ish Grand Rear Admiral Fleese your Wallet , The Quarter Master in cheif needs a word.

I know Behemoth class Leviathan's have a limited Mahoosive, Oh My God , How Big, cargo capacity.

I have spent my life savings on those bonds and got me a handsome discount at the SeCom stations, yet. When i dock with a Behemoth, irrespective of how many bonds I shelled out for to pay for it's handsome , come and get some if you think you are hard enoughness,

Charges twice the going rate for a missile,

what give's boss. i am on your side.
Flying Python Class Cruiser, Chapter & Verse IV
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Duggan wrote:
I have spent my life savings on those bonds and got me a handsome discount at the SeCom stations, yet. When i dock with a Behemoth, irrespective of how many bonds I shelled out for to pay for it's handsome , come and get some if you think you are hard enoughness,

Charges twice the going rate for a missile,

what give's boss. i am on your side.
Different OXPs, different authors, and released at different times.. hence the Behemoths are utterly unaware of your generous contributions to the cause. In other words, you'll only get the discount at SecCom stations.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Rorschachhamster wrote:
spara wrote:

When I go back to Anasu (Galaxy 2 #96), I see them almost every time... No errors I found. Will take a look at the log after having stopped the AI-logging, so it won't be clustered with messages... tomorrow, probably. :wink:
Not good :(. Then again, I love a challenge :D. To rule things out, what is your OS and Oolite version? Could you also pm or post your oxp list from the log?

Could you also try this and see what happens? Create a file script.js containing the following code to the Config folder of the facelift oxp. It should summon all 16 Behemoths for your protection, when you launch from a station :D.

Code: Select all

this.name = "summon_behemoths";

this.shipLaunchedFromStation = function(station)
{
	for (var i = 0; i < 16; i++)
		system.addShips(worldScripts.behemoth.uniqueBehemoth(),1,player.ship.position,25000);
}
Rorschachhamster
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

So... I think I found it. The shipdata.plist references "adck_beh2.png":

Code: Select all

"behemoth-Colossus" = {
		"model" = "bhmtype2.dat";
		"shaders" = {
			"adck_b_name.png" = {
				"fragment_shader" = "adck-bhm.fs";
				"textures" = (
					"adck_b_name090.png",
					"adck_b_name_e.png",
					"adck_b_name_n.png"
				);
				"uniforms" = {
					"SpecularRGB" = {
						"type" = "vector";
						"value" = "1.0 0.7 0.5 1.0";
					};
					"uColourMap" = {
						"type" = "texture";
						"value" = "0";
					};
					"uEngineLevel" = "speedFactor";
					"uFXMap" = {
						"type" = "texture";
						"value" = "1";
					};
					"uHullHeatLevel" = "hullHeatLevel";
					"uNormalMap" = {
						"type" = "texture";
						"value" = "2";
					};
					"uTime" = "universalTime";
				};
				"vertex_shader" = "adck-bhm.vs";
			};
			"adck_beh2.png" = {
				"fragment_shader" = "adck-bhm.fs";
				"textures" = (
					"spara_beh2.png",
					"spara_beh2_e.png",
					"spara_beh2_n.png"
				);
				"uniforms" = {
					"SpecularRGB" = {
						"type" = "vector";
						"value" = "1.0 0.7 0.5 1.0";
					};
					"uColourMap" = {
						"type" = "texture";
						"value" = "0";
					};
					"uEngineLevel" = "speedFactor";
					"uFXMap" = {
						"type" = "texture";
						"value" = "1";
					};
					"uHullHeatLevel" = "hullHeatLevel";
					"uNormalMap" = {
						"type" = "texture";
						"value" = "2";
					};
					"uTime" = "universalTime";
				};
				"vertex_shader" = "adck-bhm.vs";
			};
		};
	};
and the texture is not found (I found this fast after disabling the AI-Message loging... :oops:... but it was just one line... :wink: ). Do I have to install the original broken adck_behemoths as well? :o I hope that's not it... :roll:
EDIT: Oh, and it was 1.77.5674, the sse2 version on Windows 7 Ultimate 64 with a 2,4 GHz double core Intel board, 4GB and GeForce 8800 GT.
Last edited by Rorschachhamster on Sat May 04, 2013 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

If it is just the .png (texture) file missing, you should be able to add that to the Textures folder, assuming you can find it somewhere.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Rorschachhamster
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Smivs wrote:
If it is just the .png (texture) file missing, you should be able to add that to the Textures folder, assuming you can find it somewhere.
Yeah, but it probably shouldn't be necessary, should it? :wink:
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Rorschachhamster wrote:
Smivs wrote:
Yeah, but it probably shouldn't be necessary, should it? :wink:
Well, in a perfect World it shouldn't be necessary for a user to have to fix an OXP, but the texture file is necessary to skin the ship. This is spara's baby, so he'll have to sort it out ultimately - I'm just suggesting a quick fix for you.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Ah, thanks to Rorschachhamster, I found it :D. With shaders off, references to textures defined in shipdata are bypassed with the textures defined in the model (.dat) files :roll:. I think this is actually the same error that was reported by BuggyBY.

I'll fix the dat-files and upload a new version later.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

You can overide the texture as specified in the .dat file using 'materials' in shipdata. This is a better way as it allows you to specify different textures for the same model when using 'like_ship'
Rorschachhamster
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Just typed a lot of nonsense about trying to extract the original textures from the original OXP, but I'll just wait for the fix :mrgreen:
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Facelift 1.1.4 is up. Should now work without shaders too. The only drawback are the missing nameplates as they are added through shaders. But at least it works :D.
Smivs wrote:
You can overide the texture as specified in the .dat file using 'materials' in shipdata. This is a better way as it allows you to specify different textures for the same model when using 'like_ship'
This is a good point, although with this oxp there are only a couple of behemoth textures. Is there a way to override multiple texture definitions? ADCK's behemoths define both texture and a nameplate in the dat-file.
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

I'm not too familiar with ADCK's behemoths TBH, but what you suggest sounds possible. Is the nameplate specified for just the position/faces where it appears on the ship?