Cup of Tea OXZ

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Milo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Cup of Tea OXZ

Post by Milo »

Sadly, I have decided to remove this fine device from my ship as I am trying to reduce primeable equipment ... at least until such time as my suggestion may be implemented. However, I have discovered that this tea maker does not come with a removal option, and it will even follow you to a new ship! Perhaps it is made of Sapient Pearwood?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Smivs wrote: Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:18 am
... this equipment is Tea-Total :D
Well...

Benedict vanished off to take his annual vacation and I was left on my tod. Decided to invest in one of that Smiv chap's tea-making new-fangled contraptions at the chandlery. Forked over the dosh, plugged it in, turned it on and it started whirring away. Nice bubbling sounds etc, etc, etc. Unlike those blighters at Onrira*, his machine even managed to bung in the tea before adding the hot water.

But... Oh my giddy aunt! No choice - absolutely none at all. No choice if I wanted Lapsang Souchong, Tarry Souchong or even Imperial Souchong! Nor a choice between Souchong, Rose Pouchong, Keemun or Yunnan! Not even between English Earl Grey or Russian Earl Grey - or English Breakfast, Irish Breakfast etc. No choice of sugars. No choice of guernsey milk, jersey milk, slice of sicilian lemon or anything else. Not even fragrant broken orange pekoe.

What on earth is this ghastly contraption? Hermione would be horrified! No wonder Benedict did a runner. Tescoos at its bally worst - some unspeakable version of Poo Goo Tips - and I'm quite convinced it was not loose-leaf. Did they even wave a tea-leaf over the blasted factory, I ask myself.
Milo wrote: Tue Jun 16, 2020 4:38 am
However, I have discovered that this tea maker does not come with a removal option, and it will even follow you to a new ship!
And now you tell me that it will be following me around like an albatross. I could ask Benedict to try and exorcise it - you know, the black candles and Chaldaean chant ceremony. Not sure it would work though...

What the dickens should I do?

Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

<chortles>
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: [UPDATE RELEASE] Cup of Tea OXZ

Post by Cholmondely »

UK_Eliter wrote: Wed Mar 18, 2015 8:11 pm
If I had the time, I'd resume worked on my aborted 'Infinite Improbability Drive' OXP, which made use of your invaluable piece of equipment - equipment without which civilisation could not function (even if - keep it quiet - I am a bit of a coffee man myself).
I've tentatively assigned the Infinite Improbability Drive an OXP level of 3:
Indicates that a OXP adds a bit stronger opponents or alters Oolite in a way to make it harder for the player.

This indicator is suitable for above-average rated commanders (ie 64-128 kills).
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?