Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Manifold version of Wings 3D

General discussion for players of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Ironfist
Commander
Commander

Manifold version of Wings 3D

Post by Ironfist »

The latest version of the Manifold version of Wings 3D has a large number of additions including the generation of height maps from images. The link is http://s331378245.onlinehome.us/manifoldlab_daily/. Not a lot of documentation and I have been having trouble rendering images but if you leave the ordinary version of Wings 3D it can be done very easily in that.

Ironfist
64bit Mint 10 and Win 8 64bit on E8400 at 3.6GHz - ATI HD5750 graphics.
Concentration is the ability to think of absolutely nothing when it is absolutely necessary.
Selezen
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Manifold version of Wings 3D

Post by Selezen »

It seems like it has a lot of new options but nothing to really explain what they are. It's a lot to take in without documentation.

Good for generating random asteroid shapes, though. (right click, then select "Lots more" then select "convex hull, random")
Ironfist
Commander
Commander

Re: Manifold version of Wings 3D

Post by Ironfist »

From what I can gather the original Manifold was an add-on for the early versions of Wings 3D, but these days they are building a combined version. It does seem to be more actively maintained compared with Wings 3D itself. There are guides to the use of the original Manifold functions.

Ironfist
64bit Mint 10 and Win 8 64bit on E8400 at 3.6GHz - ATI HD5750 graphics.
Concentration is the ability to think of absolutely nothing when it is absolutely necessary.