Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Targeting issues for newbie

Discussion and announcements regarding the Mac port… er, original version of Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

GGShinobi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Targeting issues for newbie

Post by GGShinobi »

Commander McLane wrote:
GGShinobi wrote:
Shortie wrote:
During combat and with the opposing ship on bang on target I have noticed that I may get a few hits in before I am being thrown off target, the opposing ship seems to jump a few inches out of target.
Huh? :shock: I'm also experiencing something similar: when I hit a ship, it sometimes gets "pushed" quickly to one side.
This would be expected, if you happen to destroy a subentity. So it wouldn't be your lasers, but the partial explosion of the ship that pushes the rest of the ship away. Happens for instance if you shoot off one of the nacelles of an Imperial Courier.
Now that makes perfect sense! :mrgreen:

BTW, I noticed that the hard ship that I originally meant was the Scoundrel (found inside [wiki]Pirate Clan Blitzspears[/wiki]).. but the mugger is not much nicer, either.
忍 knowing that enough is enough, you'll always have enough.

Running Oolite 1.77 on Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS
ozhank
Competent
Competent

Re: Targeting issues for newbie

Post by ozhank »

Diziet Sma wrote:
:oops: :oops: :oops:

Anyone know where I can trade in this brain for a new one? I think it's wearing out.
You'll have to take a ticket and join the queue. I'm also in the market for new one, but can't locate a suitable oxp :D
"Blessed are the cracked, for they let the light shine in". Spike Milligan

Debian 9.* XFCE4 on Toshiba Laptop