[Release] Market Observer

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

DaddyHoggy
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Re: [Release] marketObserver 1.3

Post by DaddyHoggy »

spara wrote:
If you want to focus on the trading, then this tool is for you. It enhances your market screen with important trading data and gives you a trader's rating. And it does not cost you a thing, it's funded by advertising.

Code: Select all

marketObserver OXP ver 1.3 (17.1.2013)

Author: spara (Mika Spåra)

<SNIP>

_Credits_

* All ads are selected, cropped and resized from Your Ad Here! oxp. Ads are made by different Oolite players.

Download: https://www.box.com/s/34a5ghj0842o0ltv2whs
I've just noticed the both the ads in this pic I did - some of my first - Oops is one of my all time faves - mainly because I had to colour each pixel by hand (I didn't have GIMP at the time)

Glad to see them being used again for something else
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

LMAO - I might just have to try this out - Oops: "Perfect Deliveries, no Mistakes" :lol: . There's no limit to how helpful the double 'O' in Oolite is in making funnies. One of my most favorite uses was marcusrg with Riedpooza :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
"I'll laser the mark all while munching a fistful of popcorn." - Markgräf von Ededleen, Marquess, Brutal Great One, Assassins' Guild Exterminator
---------------------------
At the helm of the Caduceus Omega, 'Murderous Morrígan'
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

DaddyHoggy wrote:
I've just noticed the both the ads in this pic I did - some of my first - Oops is one of my all time faves - mainly because I had to colour each pixel by hand (I didn't have GIMP at the time)

Glad to see them being used again for something else
There's some very impressive and atmospheric ads there. It an amazing joint effort to create such a collection. I hope it's ok for me to use them like this.
DaddyHoggy

Post by DaddyHoggy »

Oh yes, there was a brief resistance to the "Oo" gags, which I confess I think I started (OO-Haul, Accoorist, Oops, Tescoo amongst the very first) but they're just sooooo useful!
Selezen wrote:
Apparently I was having a DaddyHoggy moment.
Oolite Life is now revealed here
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Writing the 19 console messages in rapid succession is failing, and causing the screen to be garbled.

Code: Select all

01:11:08.064 [script.javaScript.timeLimit]: ***** ERROR: Script "market_observer" ran for 1.67616 seconds and has been terminated.
01:11:33.916 [script.javaScript.timeLimit]: ***** ERROR: Script "market_observer" ran for 1.23866 seconds and has been terminated.
01:11:41.863 [script.javaScript.timeLimit]: ***** ERROR: Script "market_observer" ran for 1.32728 seconds and has been terminated.
01:11:51.896 [script.javaScript.timeLimit]: ***** ERROR: Script "market_observer" ran for 1.25467 seconds and has been terminated.
01:12:01.901 [script.javaScript.timeLimit]: ***** ERROR: Script "market_observer" ran for 1.23624 seconds and has been terminated.
01:12:11.906 [script.javaScript.timeLimit]: ***** ERROR: Script "market_observer" ran for 1.23669 seconds and has been terminated.
01:12:21.912 [script.javaScript.timeLimit]: ***** ERROR: Script "market_observer" ran for 1.24877 seconds and has been terminated.
01:12:29.244 [screenshot]: Saved screen shot "oolite-007.png" (1366 x 768 pixels).
01:12:31.859 [script.javaScript.timeLimit]: ***** ERROR: Script "market_observer" ran for 1.0247 seconds and has been terminated.
01:12:41.892 [script.javaScript.timeLimit]: ***** ERROR: Script "market_observer" ran for 1.27068 seconds and has been terminated.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Wildeblood wrote:
Writing the 19 console messages in rapid succession is failing, and causing the screen to be garbled.
Thanks a lot for the report, it must be dependant of the computer's power as I have had no problems. I'll try to optimize it and if that does not help, I'll utilize the comms log.
Last edited by spara on Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

spara wrote:
Wildeblood wrote:
Thanks a lot for the report, it must be dependant of the computer's power as I have had no problems. I'll try to optimize it and if that does not help, I'll utilize the comms log.
Format the whole message text in a variable first, then write the lot with one console message. Then a second console message, blank, to stop the text to speech trying to read out the lot. You shouldn't need more than two console messages. Have a look at refreshCostDisplay() in Trading Assistant to see how I did it.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] marketObserver 1.4

Post by spara »

New version (1.4) is up. I took Wildebloods advice and reduced messages to two, hopefully that helps with screen going to grabble. I also shortened the update cycle for one second, hopefully that helps with blinking. Now it also works with voice messages and as an added bonus, the profit message is spoken.

Keep reporting, if you are still problems.

Thanks to all who have tested and reported this.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] marketObserver 1.5

Post by spara »

New version is up (1.5). Mainly dealing with issues reported here: https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13563.

* Bugfix, ad counter went one too high :oops:, producing an adless screen.
* Hud restore fix, if for some reason hud is not restored correctly. (Reported by Solonar, could not reproduce myself, hopefully this fixes it)
* Commodity Markets compatibility lightweighted. Previous solution was a bit on the heavy side :D. (Wondered by Wildeblood)
* Timer handling moved to helper functions and added existence checks. (Reported by Wildeblood)

Thanks for reporting and correcting, much appreciated.

@Solonar: If that hud problem still haunts you, please report and I'll check it again.
Rorschachhamster
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rorschachhamster »

spara wrote:
New version is up (1.5). Mainly dealing with issues reported here: https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=13563.

* Hud restore fix, if for some reason hud is not restored correctly. (Reported by Solonar, could not reproduce myself, hopefully this fixes it)
* Commodity Markets compatibility lightweighted. Previous solution was a bit on the heavy side :D. (Wondered by Wildeblood)
* Timer handling moved to helper functions and added existence checks. (Reported by Wildeblood)

@Solonar: If that hud problem still haunts you, please report and I'll check it again.
:lol: Only minutes after I downloaded 1.4 :lol: I never played with it :D
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Rorschachhamster wrote:
spara wrote:

:lol: Only minutes after I downloaded 1.4 :lol: I never played with it :D
+1 download :mrgreen:.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Does this mean that marketObserver and AI Trading Assistant are compatible with each other now?
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Lestradae wrote:
Does this mean that marketObserver and AI Trading Assistant are compatible with each other now?
I have not tried it, but Wildeblood released a marketObserver compatibilty plugin for AI Trading Assistant. Check it here: https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f= ... 1&start=90.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

spara wrote:
Lestradae wrote:
I have not tried it, but Wildeblood released a marketObserver compatibilty plugin for AI Trading Assistant. Check it here: https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f= ... 1&start=90.
He has, but writes "Set Autotrade mode to off or advice only" about his own plugin - and the reason I prefer the AI TA is specifically its really cool autotrade function.
GGShinobi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by GGShinobi »

Just tried to download, but I get an error claiming that the download has been removed... :?
Link used: https://www.box.com/s/u0hij6k0jzid4ujp2xi2
忍 knowing that enough is enough, you'll always have enough.

Running Oolite 1.77 on Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS