Laser Booster OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: Laser Booster OXP

Post by Thargoid »

Thanks for the report, although as you're using 1.79 (and thank you for noting that you are :) ) which is not yet a finalised or released version then it may be that the glitch is on trunk-side, or something that has changed there to form an incompatibility.

Anyway if I get a little time later I'll take a look at it and see if I can replicate the issue. The line itself is valid (at least for the current release version 1.77.1), but it may be that the changes in 1.79 about saving in other places could be altered things.
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Post by Norby »

xdsldouble wrote:
!other.isMainStation || !other.isValid) { return; }
Hi xdsldouble, welcome on this board!

I think you mean the red "!" which cause that player can deliver double hits on main stations only which shoud be the opposite. You can remove this exclamation mark from your file and Thargoid can fix it in the original OXP imho.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Confirmed (both the issue and the fix) - version 1.02 uploaded to correct it (and tweak the chance of laser breakage too).

I'm surprised it took so long for the error to be spotted - that OXP has been downloaded over 400 times :shock:

Anyway thanks for the notification, duly fixed...
Digital86
Competent
Competent

Post by Digital86 »

Hi!
You can do to remove equipment list(shift+n)?
That was always the automatic activation.
My English is very poor.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

The equipment is switched on and off with shift+N. It doesn't auto-activate as it takes additional energy when you shoot, so if you aren't careful then you could get into serious risk of destruction during a fierce fire-fight.

In that way it works like several other pieces of primeable equipment.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Note this issue re OXP lasers breaking and being totally lost due to the inability of this OXP to properly support OXP lasers.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?