Cargo Spotter OXP

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Re: Cargo Spotter OXP

Post by Thargoid »

The docking switch-off is deliberate, and designed to ensure that periodically when in the system for a while the whole thing gets reset. Or else there is a risk that you can end up with some rogue highlight glows around without associated cargo items (see the bug reports further up this thread). I think that error has been sorted out, but to be sure I kept the docking reset in place.

Hence whilst I've no issue with people modifying the script for their own use (and being guided in how to do it if needed) it's not something that will go into the release version.
vsfc
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by vsfc »

Thargoid wrote:
The docking switch-off is deliberate, and designed to ensure that periodically when in the system for a while the whole thing gets reset. Or else there is a risk that you can end up with some rogue highlight glows around without associated cargo items (see the bug reports further up this thread). I think that error has been sorted out, but to be sure I kept the docking reset in place.
Thanks for Info Thargoid. I was on a lookout for ghost glows with my test commander and my main one across several systems, been docking, undocking with stations, been in the miss jumps.

Basically, functionality of OXP is all the same where Timer stops when player docks with the station (I suppose that should clear all the glows). When player leaves a station and equipment is Active Timer starts again, which saves me time cycling through equipment list and enabling cargo spotter every time I undock the station. When game commander loaded from save Timer is always off and comes one only when player undocks the station.
Thargoid wrote:
Hence whilst I've no issue with people modifying the script for their own use (and being guided in how to do it if needed) it's not something that will go into the release version.
That is what I like about open source where you can tweak the code how you need it or help improving it. I am OK with it if my changes would not go to release. Just was thinking if my work will be of any use to others. I will let you know if I ever spot a ghost glow.

Cheers,
Commander V-SFC
Digital86
Competent
Competent

Post by Digital86 »

How to make that device it was activated automatically?
It was switched off only when docking.
Completely to remove from the primable list
When there is a lot of primable equipment, it isn't convenient to switch!
My English is very poor.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Digital86 wrote:
How to make that device it was activated automatically?
It was switched off only when docking.
See this post in the OXP Tweaking thread:
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?p=216485#p216485

But before you do, be sure to read the first post in that thread.. it has some important information in it.
https://bb.oolite.space/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=16337
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Digital86
Competent
Competent

Post by Digital86 »

Thanks, very fine!
Then the line can be removed?: "script" = "cargoSpotter_activate.js";

Code: Select all

(
	(
	11, 3000, "Cargo Spotter", 
	"EQ_CARGOSPOTTER", 
	"When activated, visually highlights cargo pods in the vicinity of the ship.", 
		{
		"available_to_all" = yes;
		"available_to_player" = yes;
		"requires_equipment" = ( "EQ_SCANNER_SHOW_MISSILE_TARGET" );	
		"script" = "cargoSpotter_activate.js";
		}
	)
)
My English is very poor.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

Not quite - that will remove the switch and give no way to turn it on.

Give me a couple of days and I'll put together a variant version which is always on when not docked.
dybal
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

[RELEASE]:Cargo Spotter OXP v1.1

Post by dybal »

[EliteWiki] Cargo Spotter OXP v1.1 is available on the Expansion Manager and here.

Changes:
  • Changes equipment from primeable to always active (to reduce the chain of primeable equipments).
  • Updates license to remove the "Thargoid clauses" after Thargoid allowed modification when retired from maintaining his OXPs (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=17085)