SIRF - update Released

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: SIRF - update Released

Post by montana05 »

Cholmondely wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 5:35 pm
So, you're doing it all wrong. When you sacrifice to the Holy Witchspace Lobster, you should start off holding the sacrificial athame upside-down in your left hand. Using your right hand just confuses his third mandible, as you can see from the above...
I will initiate a new ritual soon, for now it seems that the mighty entity of Mac certainly dislike the SIRF. :roll:
Scars remind us where we've been. They don't have to dictate where we're going.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

montana05 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 12:55 am
So, you're doing it all wrong. When you sacrifice to the Holy Witchspace Lobster, you should start off holding the sacrificial athame upside-down in your left hand. Using your right hand just confuses his third mandible, as you can see from the above...
I will initiate a new ritual soon, for now it seems that the mighty entity of Mac certainly dislike the SIRF. :roll:
Just think of poor old Murgh, doomed to suffer a sempiternal state of SIRF-lessness...
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cholmondely wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:28 am
Just think of poor old Murgh, doomed to suffer a sempiternal state of SIRF-lessness...
Just out of curiosity, do you face similar errors with SIRF Compact ?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

montana05 wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:47 am
Cholmondely wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:28 am

Just out of curiosity, do you face similar errors with SIRF Compact ?
Never tried it. Since you ask, will give it a stab on the morrow...
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

SIRF Compact seems to work just fine. (and nothing to worry about in the latest.log)

I found this lurking in the latest.log for the other SIRF:
20:49:32.578 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType] ReportJSError (OOJavaScriptEngine.m:204): ***** JavaScript exception (SIRF_populator 2.4): TypeError: system.addShips("SIRF-YARD", 1, system.mainPlanet.position.multiply(-1.5), 10000) is null
Comments wanted:
montana05
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by montana05 »

Cholmondely wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:37 pm
SIRF Compact seems to work just fine. (and nothing to worry about in the latest.log)

I found this lurking in the latest.log for the other SIRF:
20:49:32.578 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType] ReportJSError (OOJavaScriptEngine.m:204): ***** JavaScript exception (SIRF_populator 2.4): TypeError: system.addShips("SIRF-YARD", 1, system.mainPlanet.position.multiply(-1.5), 10000) is null
Thank you for trying Cholmondely, it hopefully will help to finally satisfy your Mac. The 2nd message is a follow-up of the unreadable shipdata.plist. You can't spawn a non-existing station.