CustomShips.oxp(COMING SOON!)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

CustomShips.oxp(COMING SOON!)

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Coming Soon! :D

CustomShips cobra3 #1 by CommonSenseOTB, on Flickr
CustomShips cobra3 #2 by CommonSenseOTB, on Flickr
CustomShips cobra3 #3 by CommonSenseOTB, on Flickr
CustomShips cobra3 #4 by CommonSenseOTB, on Flickr
CustomShips cobra3 #5 by CommonSenseOTB, on Flickr
CustomShips cobra3 #6 by CommonSenseOTB, on Flickr (more information in the picture descriptions)

From plain jane to brightly colored, these experimental cobra3's have procedurally generated paintjobs automatically put together from a random selection of patterns and colors with up to 2 random colors on each face. A modified CustomShields oxp prototype allows for great precision with which to scorch the paint off of unshielded hull sections at the level of individual faces. Within this framework scripts can be tied to this to trigger catastrophic damage events and the exact location can be placed based upon script info or the damaged face itself. The best way to put all of this together is in a shipset oxp and so that is what I will be doing.

It took 2 months of hard experimenting and playtesting to get to this point and 2 more should see a simultaneous launch of CustomShipsv0.8 and CustomShieldsv0.9, which perhaps may usher in a new era of colorful ships full of variety and flavor and such shield and damage effects as to excite the senses. And all useable by non-shader low end computers and netbooks.(Oolite versions 1.76+)

Stay tuned... 8)
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
Shipbuilder
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: CustomShips.oxp(COMING SOON!)

Post by Shipbuilder »

All sounds very interesting CommonSenseOTB - I look forward to seeing them both.

Keep up the great work. :wink:
The GalTech Industries Corporation - Building ships to populate the galaxies.

Increase the variety of ships within your Ooniverse by downloading my OXPs

Flying the [wiki]Serpent_Class_Cruiser[/wiki] "Thargoid's Bane"
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

Sounds great - nice one!
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
submersible
Commodore
Commodore

Post by submersible »

wow. that sounds awesome!
OneoftheLost
Deadly
Deadly

Post by OneoftheLost »

:o

is beautiful!
Profile: Commander Kolt
Ship: Cobra III - Longinus V
Elite Rating:Poor
CommonSenseOTB
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommonSenseOTB »

Progress report...

I have finished the conversion of the core ships to allow for the ability to control the paint job on a face by face basis. As of last night all the ships now have damageable paint that scorches and any errors in the conversion process have been debugged up to this point. In testing, I'm finding paint that scorches to be much more fun and immersive than I had previously thought. :D

Now starting on the creation of scripting and maps to make individual random paint jobs for each ship... :)
Take an idea from one person and twist or modify it in a different way as a return suggestion so another person can see a part of it that can apply to the oxp they are working on.

CommonSense 'Outside-the-Box' Design Studios Ltd.
WIKI+OXPs
GGShinobi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by GGShinobi »

Wow, this sounds cool! Great idea! :D
忍 knowing that enough is enough, you'll always have enough.

Running Oolite 1.77 on Ubuntu Linux 12.04 LTS
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Does anyone know if this was ever published?
CommonSenseOTB wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:11 pm
Coming Soon! :D

CustomShips cobra3 #1 by CommonSenseOTB, on Flickr
CustomShips cobra3 #2 by CommonSenseOTB, on Flickr
CustomShips cobra3 #3 by CommonSenseOTB, on Flickr
CustomShips cobra3 #4 by CommonSenseOTB, on Flickr
CustomShips cobra3 #5 by CommonSenseOTB, on Flickr
CustomShips cobra3 #6 by CommonSenseOTB, on Flickr (more information in the picture descriptions)

From plain jane to brightly colored, these experimental cobra3's have procedurally generated paintjobs automatically put together from a random selection of patterns and colors with up to 2 random colors on each face. A modified CustomShields oxp prototype allows for great precision with which to scorch the paint off of unshielded hull sections at the level of individual faces. Within this framework scripts can be tied to this to trigger catastrophic damage events and the exact location can be placed based upon script info or the damaged face itself. The best way to put all of this together is in a shipset oxp and so that is what I will be doing.

It took 2 months of hard experimenting and playtesting to get to this point and 2 more should see a simultaneous launch of CustomShipsv0.8 and CustomShieldsv0.9, which perhaps may usher in a new era of colorful ships full of variety and flavor and such shield and damage effects as to excite the senses. And all useable by non-shader low end computers and netbooks.(Oolite versions 1.76+)

Stay tuned... 8)
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?