stationrotation.oxp now available (TRUNK only!)

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: stationrotation.oxp now available (TRUNK only!)

Post by Diziet Sma »

<makes note to look through Wildeblood's scripts very carefully before installing>
:lol:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
JazHaz
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by JazHaz »

I currently use Smivs' Delightful Docking OXP for these features. Would this OXP conflict with the DD OXP?

Also, I don't really like the idea of some stations rotating anti-clockwise. Does the docking computer cope with that?
JazHaz

Gimi wrote:
drew wrote:
£4,500 though! :shock: <Faints>
Cheers,
Drew.
Maybe you could start a Kickstarter Campaign to found your £4500 pledge. 8)
Thanks to Gimi, I got an eBook in my inbox tonight (31st May 2014 - Release of Elite Reclamation)!
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

JazHaz wrote:
I currently use Smivs' Delightful Docking OXP for these features. Would this OXP conflict with the DD OXP?
Don't know. But if Delightful Docking OXP offers the same features, then I'd say that you don't need stationrotation OXP at all.

And obviously, if one OXP sets a certain rotation rate, and another OXP sets another one, only one of them can "win".
JazHaz wrote:
Also, I don't really like the idea of some stations rotating anti-clockwise. Does the docking computer cope with that?
I haven't tried, because I didn't have trunk installed at the time. But I see no reason why it shouldn't. All the docking computer does after all, is to match the ship rotation with the station rotation.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

The DC copes fine with it, for the very reason McLane quotes.
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

I've also found out that it isn't that difficult to manually dock with a station rotating anti-clockwise.