[Retired] Troomp OXP 0.9

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Wip] Troomp OXP

Post by spara »

Thank you for your help with rankings. I really appreciate it. Somewhat finished version is now uploaded and the first post updated.

* Sothis and New Cargoes are not required anymore, but they are recommended.
* OXP name has been changed to something more personal. Plus there is a story now. Sort of.
* This version is not compatible with the previous version. Too much has changed.

This oxp should not cause any permanent damage, but conflicts with other oxps are probable, as I have not tested it extensively. Please report of all probs. It's WIP till it's been tested more thoroughly.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Bugfixed. New version (0.4) is up.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

Hi, Troomp version 0.4 stopped working after the second jump. I am playing with trunk.

After the first jump I was an Apprentice and it correctly said that I had earned 1.9XX Cr.

After the second jump I turned Loser and had "NaN" credits on the mission list. It then stayed that way whatever I did.

I also used hypercargoes and beta commodities from thargoid. Could those clash?

Regards

L
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Lestradae wrote:
Hi, Troomp version 0.4 stopped working after the second jump. I am playing with trunk.

After the first jump I was an Apprentice and it correctly said that I had earned 1.9XX Cr.

After the second jump I turned Loser and had "NaN" credits on the mission list. It then stayed that way whatever I did.

I also used hypercargoes and beta commodities from thargoid. Could those clash?

Regards

L
Thanks for reporting. There are still bugs standing in the Troomp oxp with the stable version Oolite. Some are already fixed and some are to be fixed. I got a little distracted with the docking sounds oxp, but I'm back to this one again. With some luck the next version of the oxp will work with the trunk version too.

About clashing. Everything is possible, haven't tested that extensively. Troomp constantly monitors players credits and cargo via framecallback. If credits change, cargo change is checked. If cargo is changed too then there has been a trade transaction and profit is calculated.

I'll be back with a new version when it's finished.
Lestradae
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Lestradae »

spara wrote:
... If credits change, cargo change is checked. If cargo is changed too then there has been a trade transaction and profit is calculated.

I'll be back with a new version when it's finished.
Looking forwards to the next version then! :D

Concerning the cargo change, I can imagine that hypercargo disturbs this, as it shovels cargo around in a nonstandard way.

A fine oxp idea anyways, hope to see the bugs ironed out. A traders rating to complement the fighter rating is nicely complementary in my book.

Cheers

L
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

A new version 0.5 is up. A lot has changed codewise and I have tweaked the ratings a bit. Some code for working with hypercargo has been added. It feels pretty solid with my set of oxps and stable Oolite. Haven't tested with trunk.

If you try this oxp, please report if it works as expected.

As a sidenote, I was toying with an idea of player actually owning a Sothis station. Pricetag could be somewhere over 10 000 000. This kind of idea has been discussed in some other thread, but it did not end into any conclusion. Would there be some purpose in owning? At that point money propably does not matter, so some kind of extra income does not mean much. One idea I had, was owning 'em all. That might be of interest to some trader-minded players. Any ideas?
CommRLock78
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by CommRLock78 »

spara wrote:
<SNIP>
As a sidenote, I was toying with an idea of player actually owning a Sothis station. Pricetag could be somewhere over 10 000 000. This kind of idea has been discussed in some other thread, but it did not end into any conclusion. Would there be some purpose in owning? At that point money propably does not matter, so some kind of extra income does not mean much. One idea I had, was owning 'em all. That might be of interest to some trader-minded players. Any ideas?
I've thought about the idea of having a some sort of station as a "garage" so that a player could have more than one ship, would this be something along those lines?
"I'll laser the mark all while munching a fistful of popcorn." - Markgräf von Ededleen, Marquess, Brutal Great One, Assassins' Guild Exterminator
---------------------------
At the helm of the Caduceus Omega, 'Murderous Morrígan'
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

CommRLock78 wrote:
I've thought about the idea of having a some sort of station as a "garage" so that a player could have more than one ship, would this be something along those lines?
If I recall correctly, trunk has features which may make it possible to create an OXP for that. The Extended Shipyards beta for trunk now lets you "test-fly" ships at higher TC systems, whilst temporarily "garaging" your own ship. It wouldn't be too hard to extend that functionality, I suspect.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Troomp OXP 0.6

Post by spara »

Release version is up (0.6). It seems to be functional after several hours of playtesting, but you never know what different oxp combinations might do. Changes from 0.5 to 0.6 include:

* Tweaks to the trader's ratings, you'll get your first one at 1500 and the highest at 1 000 000.
* Sothis station handled properly, when New Cargoes is not installed.
* Profit notification (positive or negative) when buying something.

This oxp monitors changes in credits and reacts. As a side-effect, when you sell something for 0 credits, it won't be handled properly. In practice oxp keeps your investment to that commodity. The profit loss will then be included to the future sells of that commodity. The trunk version has proper functions to handle this properly and I'll be making new version later. At least when 1.78 comes out.
ioannis
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by ioannis »

Seems like a very nice oxp idea.
Scratchbuilding miniatures:
http://miniaturesandstuff.wordpress.com/
the picture in my avatar is a Dwarf Berserker.
Solonar
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Solonar »

I rather like this OXP and have been making use of it. It seems to not be reporting correctly the profit calculations of the long haul contracts. After doing several long haul contracts I was thrust into negative profit rating after selling remaining cargoes on the regular market.

SolarTech proudly presents the Plasma Turret Regulator Device Apparatus, aka the Turret Toggler
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Solonar wrote:
I rather like this OXP and have been making use of it. It seems to not be reporting correctly the profit calculations of the long haul contracts. After doing several long haul contracts I was thrust into negative profit rating after selling remaining cargoes on the regular market.
Thanks for reporting, glad you're enjoying the oxp. That problem looks like a tough nut to crack. I'll dig into it, when I have some spare time.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Troomp OXP 0.7

Post by spara »

New version (0.7) is up. Fixed erroneous behaviour with cargo contracts. Thanks again Solonar for reporting, it would have taken me quite a long time to notice this, as I don't do much contracting atm.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Troomp OXP 0.8

Post by spara »

New version (0.8 ) is up.

* Small tweaks here and there
* Sothis is made rarer, it's only found from corporate systems of tl 9 or higher.
* New market screen that shows the average values of commodities in the cargo hold. See the first post for images.

Market screen upgrade has been achieved by abusing console messages (once again :D). To function properly, you need to be using a hud that defines message_gui. The default hud does not do that, almost every other one does. It's the same thing as with Wildeblood's AI Trading Assistant oxp.

I have not found a way to reset console message settings to the defaults. There was suggestion by Kaks in the AI Trading Assistant thread:

Code: Select all

{
   message_gui = {};
}
Alas, this does not seem to reset message_gui settings :(.

Somewhere was also a suggestion to do

Code: Select all

player.hud = null
but that does not seem to reset message_gui either. :(

Is there a way to reset message_gui to it's default values?

In the meanwhile, better use some cool hud in place of the original 8).
tinker
Deadly
Deadly

Re: [Release] Troomp OXP 0.8

Post by tinker »

I have come across a problem using ver. 0.8.

Every time I press F8 the keyboard becomes sluggish, almost unresponsive, it can take 20 or 30 attempts to press F8 twice more to get to the new cargoes page, selling any ordinary cargo is almost impossible. Changing to any other F key solves the keyboard response but does not help with trading.

Removing Troomp solves the problem, reinstalling it brings it back. If nobody else has this problem then it is probably a conflict with something else I have, any one of 70+ oxp's or 117 scripts.
Semper Dissimilis