[RELEASE]Ardvark

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE]Ardvark

Post by mandoman »

another_commander wrote:
You must always start Oolite with a cache flush (Shift held down while the game is starting up) when you are looking for possible errors in the log files. If you don't, chances are that the game is going to read a previously created cache file containing potentially erroneous data. In this case, because it is reading already cached information, no errors are being reported. I believe this is why you were not seeing any errors in Latest.log, while Tricky did.
That's not the reason, because I always do a cache flush when I make ANY changes to the AddOns folder. I have probably flushed the cache a hundred times, or more since I first released MandotechHeavyHaulers.oxp. In any case, the changes have been made, and a new link posted.
Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

You misunderstand. The SolarWing OXP is working perfectly. It is SunBat that is always spawning as a pirate for me. Looking at the shipdata.plist shows that there is a lot of pirate versions for it. Maybe that is why.
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Oh, well, the SunBat was suppose to be an attack ship of all kinds, so it isn't surprising to see pirates using them. I get a lot of them in my game as well, and they are quite fun to dog fight. The real deadly SunBat is the SunBatMkII, as you have to shoot off the wings and part of the body before it finally dies. I modeled it off the Merlin. Now there is a nasty ship. My first real hunter/killer ship in the game was a Merlin. CommonSenseOTB helped me put together an oxp making me a personal version of it call (what else) the "MandoMerlin". That ship is dynamite, and really, really hard to kill. It was particularly good at fighting Thargoids, especially if it had a KillIt missile, or two. That was back before I really started building ships of my own, but that little Merlin was the ship that shot me up to "Elite" status in the game pretty fast. It's funny, we seem to be discussing everything but what this topic was suppose to entail. 8)

Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

Does that really matter? :lol:

Forums are all about de-railment. How else does anything get achieved around here? :mrgreen:
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Tricky wrote:

Forums are all about de-railment. How else does anything get achieved around here? :mrgreen:
Naw, I sure don't care, but there are some that do. If you hadn't let me know about that SunBat_redux problem, it may not have been repaired for quite a while. :)

Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

mandoman wrote:
Tricky wrote:

Naw, I sure don't care, but there are some that do. If you hadn't let me know about that SunBat_redux problem, it may not have been repaired for quite a while. :)
Case in point!

My job is done! 8)
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

You could just come right out and say "hey stupid, you've mucked up another oxp". There are plenty on this forum that would do that, if they cared. :lol: