Stranglehold - a Captain Hesperus adventure

Writings and chronicles of the OOniverse.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

ClymAngus
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Stranglehold - a Captain Hesperus adventure

Post by ClymAngus »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote:
Would I be correct in assuming that against all odds, Hesperus defeated a Kirin XM in this tale with the ballistic cargo dump trick?

....Which is no easy trick with a ship in good shape, much less a rusting wreck held together by blu-tac, mechanical wizardry, patchwork, and force of will.

Of course it should go without saying that Hesperus has an odd, almost mystical, ability to survive impossible odds. Likely explains why Rus hasn't killed him...yet. :mrgreen:
I do hate necroposting but I do HAVE to say something. Hesperus is an archetype, a protagonist beyond reproach because he makes the audience wince at the levels of crud he can shovel onto himself and still come up, functional. He could probably destroy the known universe, accidentally whilst trying to make a quick buck. He gives "charmed life" a new meaning. But that's why we love him, he redeems himself constantly. Hes the man in a horror show that you simply cannot kill. He is hope. And as we all know hope springs eternal.

If Hesperus killed a kirin, then Hesperus killed a kirin. Just be thankful he didn't kill another one accidentally.

The flawed characters are ALWAYS the best.