Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

AI Trading Assistant

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: AI Trading Assistant

Post by Wildeblood »

Cholmondely wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 9:54 am
Wildeblood wrote: Sun Dec 20, 2015 5:14 pm
I've said quite clearly I've no intention of updating this OXP for Oolite 1.82
For those of us who experiment with v.1.77.1 etc.

what exactly are the various different members of this horde?

We currently have:

AI Trading Assistant 2.15.1
AI Trading Autotrade Report 0.5.3
AI Trading Backup Datalogger 2.12.3
AI Trading Legality Reminder 1.0
AI Trading Purchase Book 2.12
AI Trading Turbotrader 1.0
AI Trading with Yoda 1.0

Are they just all retitled versions of the same thing?
I admire your penchant for thread necromancy, Chompers, but you're either brave or foolhardy re-awakening this one. But since you asked...

1.77.1 won't do, you'll need either Oolite 1.80 or (maybe) 1.79.

All of those you listed are plug-ins I was using to test new features, before deciding to include them into Trading Assistant or drop them in the "yeah, nah" bin. They all worked, and they were all different. If you want to give it a try, you'll need either AI Trading Assistant 2.15.1 (the last version) or AI Trading Assistant 2.13 (the last "stable" version) - 2.14 was buggy.

AI Trading Backup Datalogger 2.12.3
Does what it says - quietly logs data, while being invisible in-game. You install this alongside the main OXP, then forget about it. When you want to try out Market Observer OXP, you remove AI Trading Assistant OXP, but leave the backup logger. When you realize you've made a horrible mistake, you put AI Trading Assistant OXP back, remove Market Observer OXP, and (like magic!) there's no gap in your data. Everything carries on as though you had never strayed. ("It's alright, Pam, it was just a dream.")

AI Trading Turbotrader 1.0
Doubled the speed of Autotrade - instead of starting after 22 seconds and trading every 9 seconds, it started after 11 seconds, and traded every four seconds. You could edit it to one second if you enjoyed the bell sound - ding-ding-ding-ding-ding!

AI Trading Legality Reminder 1.0
Added tut-tut messages if you bought one of the three illegal commodities. Unnecessary, as that feature got incorporated into the main OXP.

AI Trading Purchase Book 2.12
This one changed the display of the prices you had paid for goods, from an average price to the actual specific prices, and sold them dearest one first. This feature got incorporated into Market Observer OXP, and (I think, don't quote me) into AI Trading Assistant 2.15.1... I'm honestly unsure whether it was in the main OXP, or still required the plug-in.

AI Trading with Yoda 1.0
Changed the grammar of the messages, it did. (See also: AI Trading, Your Majesty.)

AI Trading Autotrade Report 0.5.3
I don't know, but its version number is zero, not one. Possibly, either it printed the current state of the pricing registers to Latest.log, or it displayed a list of recently visited systems, the same as Thargoid's Flight Log OXP. That feature was in there somewhere. Thargoid hadn't updated Flight Log to use the F4 screen yet - you still invoked his mission screen with a specific sequence of screen changes (manifest screen to system data screen, possibly) and I got tired of waiting for him to fix it, so I added that feature into AI Trading Assistant.

Other things it did:-
Autotrade could stop short of filling the hold and leave some space, if you anticipated scooping asteroids along the way.

AI Trading Assistant 2.15.1 monitored cargo contracts, and warned you if you inadvertently sold some goods you were contracted to deliver elsewhere. That's floating around as a separate OXP somewhere, too.

Also, at start up Autotrade compiled a list of other OXPs that were listening for playerBoughtCargo or playerSoldCargo, and politely notified them of the trades it made, so it didn't disrupt whatever they were doing. (If you knew how, you could run Autotrade with Market Observer instead of AI Trading Assistant.)

Is there anything else you'd like to know? :D
"So anti-globalist, he's practically a flat-earther."
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Wildeblood wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:30 am
As I recall (6 months or so ago), it worked just fine with 1.77.1 - I was whizzing around G2 looking for flying Vectors and your "Assistant" just chuntered along doing its thing. Made a nice change.

I should point out: some of the salutations were a bit "off". But then the software was obviously not painstakingly handcrafted in glorious Lesser Walshingham, written out by quill-armed scribes on embossed and watermarked paper, with the to-be-expected distinctions in address between "Most Honourable" and "Right Honourable". Maybe it, too, needs a Digebitian variation? What say you?

I've not dared to touch v.1.80 yet - even with a barge-pole. With my crummy combat capabilities it sounds rather like an exercise in painful suicide.

On another note, it must be quite grim reading all this without a computer which you can load up Oolite on. I'd find it quite infuriating. What happened to your old one? Was it the Witchspace Lobster yet again?
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Cholmondely wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 12:54 pm
As I recall (6 months or so ago), it worked just fine with 1.77.1 - I was whizzing around G2 looking for flying Vectors and your "Assistant" just chuntered along doing its thing. Made a nice change.
I find that hard to believe, but probably I'm misremembering when the cargo related events were added to javascript. But now I'm irritated; if you already knew about it, why did you ask?
On another note, it must be quite grim reading all this without a computer which you can load up Oolite on. I'd find it quite infuriating. What happened to your old one? Was it the Witchspace Lobster yet again?
I have a box of dead laptops around the house somewhere. The first laptop I ever bought lasted years longer than any of the others since have. Now I just have this little six inch square box that sits under the TV, with just enough grunt to run a web browser (slowly).
"So anti-globalist, he's practically a flat-earther."
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Wildeblood wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:48 pm
I find that hard to believe, but probably I'm misremembering when the cargo related events were added to javascript. But now I'm irritated; if you already knew about it, why did you ask?
I thought that what I asked was what the rest of the clan did - not which version of Oolite it worked with. And when you were hoping to transmogrify them into a hundred-strong horde for crewing an Anaconda.
Wildeblood wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 3:48 pm
I have a box of dead laptops around the house somewhere. The first laptop I ever bought lasted years longer than any of the others since have. Now I just have this little six inch square box that sits under the TV, with just enough grunt to run a web browser (slowly).
Sounds rather sad. Does the Church of Giles the Creator do revivifications? I find that my AppleMacs last and last and last. Due to the curse of software updates I end being able to do less and less with them, but at least they jolly well work.
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Cholmondely wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 5:55 pm
I thought that what I asked was what the rest of the clan did - not which version of Oolite it worked with.
Well, let's hope my answer was satisfactory then.
And when you were hoping to transmogrify them into a hundred-strong horde for crewing an Anaconda.
Not a hundred. My ambition ran to two: AI Trading Assistant with Autotrade, and AI Combat Assistant with Autotrack. If I could have got them both finished, I would have never looked at javascript again, and just concentrated on editing planetinfo.list to make the ooniverse a better place.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Wildeblood wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2024 11:56 pm
And when you were hoping to transmogrify them into a hundred-strong horde for crewing an Anaconda.
Not a hundred. My ambition ran to two: AI Trading Assistant with Autotrade, and AI Combat Assistant with Autotrack. If I could have got them both finished, I would have never looked at javascript again, and just concentrated on editing planetinfo.list to make the ooniverse a better place.
What would you have wished to do with the planetinfo.plist? What were you hoping to achieve?
Comments wanted: