OXP Screens and special equipment keys.

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

ZygoUgo
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: OXP Screens and special equipment keys.

Post by ZygoUgo »

Agree, having to use two fingers to try and access your rail gun in a panic is no good for the blood pressure, or the pressure outside your now non-existent cockpit.
On that note being able to choose the order equipment is optioned would be ideal, I would most definitely set the Rail gun to the first :)
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

ZygoUgo wrote:
On that note being able to choose the order equipment is optioned would be ideal, I would most definitely set the Rail gun to the first :)
They're listed in the order they are bought or awarded. They aren't sorted thereafter. Write yourself a little script that removes them (equipment items with scripts) all and re-awards them in your preferred order.
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

A multi-EQ script to order and categorize primable EQs wouldn't be hard to do, but I doubt that this would be used. We can see this with other mechanisms which require OXPs to register themselfes. It could be based on a similiar approach like the Comms in CCL, but a better approach is what cim has pointed out - via scriptable HUD elements. This way a graphical representation is possible as well.

And I still think that mouse support for GUI screens is a must have as well - at least while docked. It would open a lot more possibilities and easier access to options for users. Sweet future music .-)
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Svengali wrote:
And I still think that mouse support for GUI screens is a must have as well - at least while docked. It would open a lot more possibilities and easier access to options for users. Sweet future music .-)
Are there any GUI screens that don't have full mouse support at the moment?
Svengali
Commander
Commander

Post by Svengali »

another_commander wrote:
Are there any GUI screens that don't have full mouse support at the moment?
No, a_c - at least not in the sense of clicking the offered UI choices .-)

But I'm talking about clickable GUI areas/elements which can be handled by scripts. I'm aware that implementing it requires 'some' work, but if we aim for more dynamics then it needs ways to handle it userfriendly.
Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

ZygoUgo wrote:
Agree, having to use two fingers to try and access your rail gun in a panic is no good for the blood pressure, or the pressure outside your now non-existent cockpit.
The alternative is to choose the equipment before the battle. And as long as you don't press SHIFT-F again, it will remain selected forever. So the next time you only have to press N to fire it.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Commander McLane wrote:
ZygoUgo wrote:
The alternative is to choose the equipment before the battle. And as long as you don't press SHIFT-F again, it will remain selected forever. So the next time you only have to press N to fire it.
Yep... the railgun is my default selection, always ready for use.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!