[Release] Trophy Collector

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Trophy Collector

Post by Diziet Sma »

Very cool concept, spara.. looking forward to trying it out..

(gee it's nice when other people have already found the major bugs before I get to play with things :mrgreen: ) :wink:
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
Cpt
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cpt »

I wanted to add to my collection so when an error in justice occurred (Must be a bug in the original code *grin* what other explanation could exist) marking me as an Offender. I have learnt that hiding in the fuel station (from the fuel station OXP) means those who fire at you and miss have a chance of hitting the fuel station and suddenly gaining a bounty status. Although when you have Space Station with revolving bits that coincidently hit police craft I have noticed that the Space Stations then gets a small bounty on it too!.

I like seeing how many Thargoid Carriers I have notched up, although my favourite trophy was quite unexpected after I got'Q bombed' (during a random hits OXP hit). As I injected away I sprayed with my rear laser and destroyed the Q bomb I didn't expect to achieve this, or live and when I noticed a trophy for it, as this was such a scary experience the trophy feels like a real result!

This OXP has also been useful as when docking at space stations occasion I survive a collision with another ship unhelpfully coming the other way, this has identified the other ship I have been hit by, thank you. For the record obviously my driving was perfect, it was they that weren't looking where they were going, honest!
Oolite is Ooheavy... Cpt says "Write on Commander"
<<My other spaceship is a Thargoid Pathfinder, from the wrong side of Riedquat >>
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Very cool concept, spara.. looking forward to trying it out..

(gee it's nice when other people have already found the major bugs before I get to play with things :mrgreen: ) :wink:
You sure got that right. It's very nice that people are so helpful and eager to report bugs. :D Thank you all.
Cpt wrote:
I like seeing how many Thargoid Carriers I have notched up, although my favourite trophy was quite unexpected after I got'Q bombed' (during a random hits OXP hit). As I injected away I sprayed with my rear laser and destroyed the Q bomb I didn't expect to achieve this, or live and when I noticed a trophy for it, as this was such a scary experience the trophy feels like a real result!
This is interesting behaviour. Are you using the latest version? I believe that qbomb should not be either piloted or derelict.
Cpt
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cpt »

spara wrote:
This is interesting behaviour. Are you using the latest version? I believe that qbomb should not be either piloted or derelict.
That occurred about 2 - 3 weeks ago now, using the current version then, I got a small token bounty for the shot too, which is I thought why trophy collector registered it...
Oolite is Ooheavy... Cpt says "Write on Commander"
<<My other spaceship is a Thargoid Pathfinder, from the wrong side of Riedquat >>
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Cpt wrote:
spara wrote:
That occurred about 2 - 3 weeks ago now, using the current version then, I got a small token bounty for the shot too, which is I thought why trophy collector registered it...
Ah. Ok. While making this oxp, the final idea was only shaping :). At first (and in the first versions) you would get a trophy only from ships with a bounty (my mind was fixed of being lawful and clean :roll: ). In the final version (1.4), the bounty limitation is removed. I mean, who am I to say, how you should play the game :D ? So, if you're playing with the latest version, you should get a trophy for every piloted or derelict ship excluding escape pods. You should also get a trophy for thargoid drones. A trophy for anything else is to be considered as a bug, not a feature.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Trophy Collector 1.5

Post by spara »

A minor bug is squashed. Nothing dramatic, there was an error when sorting the in-flight list. First post and wiki updated.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Is there any way it can be made to distinguish between Rock Hermits and Pirate Coves? I've got two PC's killed, but they appear in the list as RH's...
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Is there any way it can be made to distinguish between Rock Hermits and Pirate Coves? I've got two PC's killed, but they appear in the list as RH's...
Thanks, I hadn't noticed that. This fix has now been included to the 1.5 version.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Thanks! 8)
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

Just found a major bug with the listing. If you have more than 38 entries it breaks. You get undefined showing for the entries from 39 onwards, then the regular 1st page listing. Press space and it does the same thing but the regular 1st page listing are all now undefined.

This happens because this.guiChanged is triggered straight after the mission screen to display the 1st page is run. And because this.nextPage in your code is set to true, the mission screen is shown again. Also you can't get out of it.

I did some simple debugging to confirm that.

Select short range chart...

Code: Select all

guiScreen: GUI_SCREEN_SHORT_RANGE_CHART, $nextPage: false, $printIndex: 0
Select long range chart...

guiScreen: GUI_SCREEN_LONG_RANGE_CHART, $nextPage: false, $printIndex: 0
Select equipment screen...

guiScreen: GUI_SCREEN_EQUIP_SHIP, $nextPage: false, $printIndex: 0

guiScreen: GUI_SCREEN_MISSION, $nextPage: true, $printIndex: 38
That's where it got fired twice.

I only found this out because I was using it in one of my OXPs to list the systems Jaguar Company would appear in if I increased the probabilities.

I've re-written it to work as a proper pager, with First page, Next page, Previous page, Last page and Exit listing, depending on how big the listing is and which page you are on. Will update you after I have had some sleep. Been up 24 hours.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Hello Tricky, I did not manage to break it the way you described with a quick test using the latest stable Oolite. I'll have to test with the trunk later. Are you using trunk or stable?
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

The expanded firing of the gui event for mission screens is in trunk 1.77, but not in 1.76.1.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] Trophy Collector 1.6

Post by spara »

New version (1.6) is up. Trunk bug spotted by Tricky has been squashed. Now it works with 1.77 too.

Keep on hunting. :twisted:
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

spara wrote:
Keep on hunting. :twisted:
Here's one for you then.. :mrgreen:

I had a single "Unidentified Commander" entry that puzzled me, until it suddenly jumped up by another 4 after one "incident". It turns out that the revenge attackers in Random Hits aren't being correctly identified.
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

In this.createColumns 1 column layout won't tuncate unless the following is changed...

for (i = 0; i < lines ; i++) {
                //Two column layout
                if (start+i+lines < this.trophyArray.length) {
                        nameWidth = defaultFont.measureString(this.trophyArray[start+i][0]);
                        countWidth = defaultFont.measureString("("+this.trophyArray[start+i][1]+")");
                        entryWidth = nameWidth + spaceWidth + countWidth;
to

for (i = 0; i < lines ; i++) {
                nameWidth = defaultFont.measureString(this.trophyArray[start+i][0]);
                countWidth = defaultFont.measureString("("+this.trophyArray[start+i][1]+")");
                entryWidth = nameWidth + spaceWidth + countWidth;
                //Two column layout
                if (start+i+lines < this.trophyArray.length) {
entryWidth will always be less than 32 in the original for the 1 column layout section.