[Release] Trophy Collector

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

DeathKnyte
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: [Release] Trophy Collector

Post by DeathKnyte »

Hiya,

I got 54 kills on an outing, and when looking at the trophy screen in flight, it was working great. But...
When I docked, all the types of ships I had killed were listed all right, but the actual amount of these types killed - had all defaulted to one (1) each.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Thanks for reporting. I'm a bit overwhelmed by RL at the moment, will look into it as soon as I got some time. Shame about those kills :( .
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

DeathKnyte wrote:
Hiya,

I got 54 kills on an outing, and when looking at the trophy screen in flight, it was working great. But...
When I docked, all the types of ships I had killed were listed all right, but the actual amount of these types killed - had all defaulted to one (1) each.
This bug has now been squashed and a new version (1.3) uploaded. The link in the first post has been updated. If you are using this oxp, please update to the new version. Thanks again for reporting.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

spara wrote:
DeathKnyte wrote:
Hiya,

This bug has now been squashed and a new version (1.3) uploaded. The link in the first post has been updated. If you are using this oxp, please update to the new version. Thanks again for reporting.
:oops: Wrong version uploaded. Some debugging stuff was left. Download updated. Sorry about that.
DeathKnyte
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by DeathKnyte »

spara wrote:
... Shame about those kills :( .
he-he.
No worries man.
Just happened that I started using this oxp on a test with the combat effectiveness of the Anaconda, in another thread.
Have no intention on keeping him.

I'll download the new version and give it a go.
Cpt
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cpt »

Are Thargoid Drones not counted?
Oolite is Ooheavy... Cpt says "Write on Commander"
<<My other spaceship is a Thargoid Pathfinder, from the wrong side of Riedquat >>
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Cpt wrote:
Are Thargoid Drones not counted?
Do you mean "Thargoid Robot Fighter"? If you do, have you got the latest version of the oxp?

All derelict and piloted ships are counted minus escape pods. Thargoid Robot Fighters are special, since they aren't either. They are included from their role "tharglet", which seems to be working as expected (whom.hasRole("tharglet")). At least this works for me :).
Shipbuilder
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Shipbuilder »

Spara - I downloaded TrophyCollector_1.3_2112-10-02.oxp earlier this evening and have been playing with it installed for a couple of hours.

I have come across the following bug: -

While I am in flight the oxp keeps a track of the type and number of ships that I destroy. This record is also correct when I land on a main station and check the trophy list.

A problem occurs when I lauch however in that the trophy list is wiped blank showing not kills at all. :(
The GalTech Industries Corporation - Building ships to populate the galaxies.

Increase the variety of ships within your Ooniverse by downloading my OXPs

Flying the [wiki]Serpent_Class_Cruiser[/wiki] "Thargoid's Bane"
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Shipbuilder wrote:
Spara - I downloaded TrophyCollector_1.3_2112-10-02.oxp earlier this evening and have been playing with it installed for a couple of hours.

I have come across the following bug: -

While I am in flight the oxp keeps a track of the type and number of ships that I destroy. This record is also correct when I land on a main station and check the trophy list.

A problem occurs when I lauch however in that the trophy list is wiped blank showing not kills at all. :(
Thanks for trying the oxp. This sounds that it's working as expexted. There are two list: in-flight list and main list. In-flight list tracks what you kill in-flight and it should be empty after launch. In-flight list is what you see when you are in-flight. Main list is what you see when you are docked on a main station and should show all your kills.

I defidenetly should use a different background for different lists so that they are not confused.
Cpt
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by Cpt »

No I meant drones, with my OXP's I have encountered:

Combat Drone
Anti-Thargoid Drone
Worm Drone (Used by Random Hits targets, I have not tried to scoop these...)
Thargoid Defence drone (Not sure which OXP adds these nasty suckers... I might try to scoop these...)

BTW: Shouldn't FTZ, Hacker Outpost, Anarchy planets or some Rock Hermits sell cutpurse missiles to the player (along with Offender status for as long as illegal weaponry is present on board)?
Oolite is Ooheavy... Cpt says "Write on Commander"
<<My other spaceship is a Thargoid Pathfinder, from the wrong side of Riedquat >>
Rese249er
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Rese249er »

spara wrote:
I defidenetly should use a different background for different lists so that they are not confused.
I can help... Gimme a bit to burrow in Addons for the current version.

EDIT: Here ya go.
Got all turned around, lost my nav connection... Where am I now?
Shipbuilder
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Shipbuilder »

There are two list: in-flight list and main list. In-flight list tracks what you kill in-flight and it should be empty after launch. In-flight list is what you see when you are in-flight. Main list is what you see when you are docked on a main station and should show all your kills.
Hi spara and thanks for getting back to me.

Yes you are correct I'd missed the point that their are 2 seperate lists.

Great oxp by the way :wink:
The GalTech Industries Corporation - Building ships to populate the galaxies.

Increase the variety of ships within your Ooniverse by downloading my OXPs

Flying the [wiki]Serpent_Class_Cruiser[/wiki] "Thargoid's Bane"
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Cpt wrote:

Combat Drone
Anti-Thargoid Drone
Thargoid Defence drone (Not sure which OXP adds these nasty suckers... I might try to scoop these...)
Ok. I see. I don't have the armoury oxp installed, so I didn't think of these. If you get a trophy for a tharglet, you should get one for these too. I'll add them in in the next update.
Rese249er wrote:
I can help... Gimme a bit to burrow in Addons for the current version.

EDIT: Here ya go.
Yeah. I had something like that in mind. I think I'll also change the color of the frame too. That will be in the next update too. If someone is interested in making a stunning background for this I would be very grateful. My artistic talent is limited to functional designs :lol:.

@Shipbuilder: You made a good point. After many late hours of oxping (is that a proper word?), I became blind to this. Of course different lists should be visually different :roll:. It's bad design, no excuses.
Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

spara wrote:
Cpt wrote:

Combat Drone
Anti-Thargoid Drone
Ok. I see. I don't have the armoury oxp installed, so I didn't think of these. If you get a trophy for a tharglet, you should get one for these too. I'll add them in in the next update.
The defense drone is from TCAT and is basically a variant on a Thargon/Tharglet.

The combat and anti-thargoid drones (and also the Kamikaze drone) are actually weapons, and (unless they break) are re-usable. So you may not want to include them as kills.
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Hello.

New version (1.4) is up. The link in the first post is updated.

I went through a ton of oxps checking various objects marked as unpiloted and finally came to conclusion that to keep things simple, only drones and such which have a role "thargon" or "tharglet" are included as a trophy.

Changes:
* different background for in-flight and main station trophy screens
* small textual changes to clarify different views
* drones with a role "thargon" or "tharglet" are included as a trophy

Thank you all for feedback.