[Release] marketAide

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Zireael
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [Release] marketAide

Post by Zireael »

Does this work? It sounds insanely useful!
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

Zireael wrote:
Does this work? It sounds insanely useful!
Try it and you'll see :) . If you want something a bit more elegant and dynamic, try my [wiki]marketObserver[/wiki]. Sort of a sequel to this one.
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

Hm, I'm a little confused now, theres Market aide, Market Observer and in my addons folder I have a Market Inquirer v 1.6... which one should I get ? I like the one I have, but always open to new things...should I be greedy and get all three ?
Alpha Backer of Elite Dangerous
With 250 GBP :D
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

dertien wrote:
Hm, I'm a little confused now, theres Market aide, Market Observer and in my addons folder I have a Market Inquirer v 1.6... which one should I get ? I like the one I have, but always open to new things...should I be greedy and get all three ?
1. Market aide is a simple oxp that put's an overlay image on market screen showing min-avg-max prices of commodities as written in Oolite reference sheet.
2. Market observer basically does the same, but uses message comms as overlay. It does not have any hard coded prices within, it collects data from markets you visit and calculates min-avg-max prices from that data. More info on the wiki.
3. Market inquirer primary adds an interface screen (f4) showing the prices of GalCop approved stations within the system. With ASC equipment you get a primable equipment showing that same data. More info on the wiki.

So... I suggest using 1. or 2. but not both as 2. is kind of an advanced version of 1. Number 3 is something different, originally written to accompany 'station for extra planets oxp', so that you know if it's worth the trouble flying 20 mins in system.

Hope that clears something up.
dertien
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by dertien »

Yes it does, thank you Spara
Alpha Backer of Elite Dangerous
With 250 GBP :D
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Wiki page now up: https://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/MarketAide_OXP

I suppose that this oxp is a testimony to how fast things were changing back in 2012-13: one presumes that the ability to add underlays had just recently been added to Oolite, making this possible, but that the ability to add commodities and to reorder the F8 screen were added the next year, making this almost useless!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:20 am

I suppose that this oxp is a testimony to how fast things were changing back in 2012-13: one presumes that the ability to add underlays had just recently been added to Oolite, making this possible, but that the ability to add commodities and to reorder the F8 screen were added the next year, making this almost useless!
Looking at the Announcements section, it appears development on Oolite had slowed down drastically since 1.8.
1.9 was released two years ago.

I blame ED
Running Oolite buttery smooth & rock stable w/ tons of eyecandy oxps on:
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
128GB NVMe M.2 SSD (Boot drive)
1TB Hybrid HDD (For software and games)
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
1080P Samsung large screen monitor
hiran
Theorethicist
Location: a parallel world I created for myself. Some call it a singularity...

Post by hiran »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:06 pm
Cholmondely wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:20 am

Looking at the Announcements section, it appears development on Oolite had slowed down drastically since 1.8.

I blame ED
There are no automated builds. Manual intervention is necessary, and it seems the only human capable of doing so is not active here.
Any developer trying to change something will hit the limit when it is not possible to test the changes on all the 'supported' platforms.
Sunshine - Moonlight - Good Times - Oolite
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 8:06 pm

I blame ED
We've lost every single one of our daring developers except for a_c_ who soldiers on, all alone, with the single solitary just-promoted admiral to support him marooned on an island on the far side of the planet (Phkb). Everybody else has been engulfed, eviscerated and eliminated by the Witchspace Lobster. Murgh and Montana are doing wonders with our wiki (as Hiran did just a few months ago, getting every single oxz listed), but otherwise the murderous miasma of monotonous mystery rules supreme. The original AppleMac port is slowly foundering into obsolescence under Apple's relentless upgrading of everything that grows on its trees, thus fertilizing redundancy and irrelevancy.

But, having said that,

HIMSN is finally published after a 6 year pause (thanks to Cbr & Tsoj)
Montana has rescued a whole bunch of forgotten oxp's
Killer Wolf returned and released his archived argosy
Murgh is back and has resurrected the ships from 2006
Littlebear's Galactic Almanac is slowly approaching maturation
Redspear has produced a zillion and one new oxp's, some of which crucially change the game (Hyperdrives, Weapon Laws)
We finally have a contextual music .oxp thanks to Arquebus (and Tsoj)
And others such as UKEliter and Switeck are bravely soldiering on, updating their oxp's and tweaking this and that
Phkb is working on the keyboard commands and ondering a radical anarchies rejig, and has produced a Rock Hermit management system (Hermitage)
OXPs using Library and Diplomancy are struggling in their birth-pangs and should emerge in the fullness of time
Some 300 OXPs which were lost in the maze of the BB have been brought kicking and screaming back into the light of day

And Cody and Big D are still manning the Clocktower, fighting off the hordes of spambots with their blunderbusses!

And there are a bunch of others working away whom I've forgotten to name.
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Well then, gentlebeings...

The great Ooniverse may be slowly dying by all appearances,
Yet refuses to just simply roll over and go gently into the good night.

Take to heart the lesson of the Thargoids,
fight to the last gasp.
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Cholmondely wrote: Tue May 03, 2022 10:38 pm
And Cody and Big D are still manning the Clocktower, fighting off the hordes of spambots...
Even as the once mighty citadel slowly crumbles around it, the clocktower remains, a symbol of snarling defiance!

Some forums don't delete spambots, they merely perma-ban them, thus keeping an inflated membership count.
We have no truck with such trickery here - the only good spambot is a dead spambot!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Thinking about it, the one really big change I think that the core game really needs is some sort of oxz managing system, where I can play one game with (say) Stranger's World, another game with Additional Planets, and a third with Orbits and Povray Planets. I wonder if it might be possible to customise the scenario system in such a way.

We could then produce a set of meta-oxp's for the various choices and simplify things for new players.
Comments wanted:
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Cholmondely wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:15 pm
Thinking about it, the one really big change I think that the core game really needs is some sort of oxz managing system, where I can play one game with (say) Stranger's World, another game with Additional Planets, and a third with Orbits and Povray Planets. I wonder if it might be possible to customise the scenario system in such a way.

We could then produce a set of meta-oxp's for the various choices and simplify things for new players.
That's possible even now, without resorting to tinkering with the source code.

Simply install another instance of Oolite to a different directory, like say, "C:\Stranger's World Oolite\", and off you go.

EDIT: The above is entirely possible on a Windows PC, and in Linux if Oolite gets installed in userspace.
I don't have a Mac, so... Yeah, try it and see!
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
EVGA GTX-1070 SC
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Cmdr Wyvern wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 2:42 pm
Cholmondely wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 1:15 pm

That's possible even now, without resorting to tinkering with the source code.

Simply install another instance of Oolite to a different directory, like say, "C:\Stranger's World Oolite\", and off you go.

EDIT: The above is entirely possible on a Windows PC, and in Linux if Oolite gets installed in userspace.
I don't have a Mac, so... Yeah, try it and see!
I've got several versions (1.88 vanilla/gamers, 1.90 vanilla/gamers, 1.90 developers & 1.91 nightly) of Oolite loaded - they all share the same AddOns and ManagedAddOns folders.
Comments wanted:
Cmdr Wyvern
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Cmdr Wyvern »

Cholmondely wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 3:16 pm
I've got several versions (1.88 vanilla/gamers, 1.90 vanilla/gamers, 1.90 developers & 1.91 nightly) of Oolite loaded - they all share the same AddOns and ManagedAddOns folders.
Ok, so it doesn't work quite the same way for your Mac users.

For Windows and Linux userspace installs, each instance has their very own addon folders, completely sandboxed from the other instances.
ASUS Prime X370-A
Ryzen 5 1500X
16GB DDR4 3200MHZ
EVGA GTX-1070 SC