Join us at the Oolite Anniversary Party -- London, 7th July 2024, 1pm
More details in this thread.

Indepth guide of ship concept creation for total idiots

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Potential Debris
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: Indepth guide of ship concept creation for total idiots

Post by Potential Debris »

I'm sure most of you are already familiar with this site: http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/r ... sindex.php but for those who aren't, it provides a wealth of extremely interesting information for anyone interested in spaceship design, or the physics of spaceflight. It is designed for science fiction writers, and draws on all kinds of sf material as well as hard science to help you think about just how a fictional ship should be put together.

Of course, as has been previously stated in this thread, Oolite is not hard sf and as such the barrier for willing suspension of disbelief is that much lower, so oolite ships can afford far more exotic and eccentric designs than the ones suggested by the linked site or this thread's OP. Still worth a read though, and very relevant to this thread. Much like tvtropes, expect to lose an afternoon to browsing this site. (Not going to link to tvtropes, some of you have important stuff to do.)
commanderxairon
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Indepth guide of ship concept creation for total idiots

Post by commanderxairon »

Potential Debris wrote:
I'm sure most of you are already familiar with this site: http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/r ... sindex.php but for those who aren't, it provides a wealth of extremely interesting information for anyone interested in spaceship design, or the physics of spaceflight. It is designed for science fiction writers, and draws on all kinds of sf material as well as hard science to help you think about just how a fictional ship should be put together.

Of course, as has been previously stated in this thread, Oolite is not hard sf and as such the barrier for willing suspension of disbelief is that much lower, so oolite ships can afford far more exotic and eccentric designs than the ones suggested by the linked site or this thread's OP. Still worth a read though, and very relevant to this thread. Much like tvtropes, expect to lose an afternoon to browsing this site. (Not going to link to tvtropes, some of you have important stuff to do.)
im more exited about this site that a nerd in a trip arround the NASA
Pirate Commander: I would taken over Anleis and maked the first pirate system on this Ooniverse and become the monarch of all that empire if This stupid boy and his ship would'nt interfeer

Kuroshido(RXS-mariana) : scooby doobi doo?....

MY CREW