Automatic save isn't working properly v1.76.1

For test results, bug reports, announcements of new builds etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander, Getafix

richard.a.p.smith
Deadly
Deadly

Automatic save isn't working properly v1.76.1

Post by richard.a.p.smith »

Hello

I just had a quick look but couldn't find anything in the forum already. I have decided to go back to basics for a bit so have a 1.76.1 installation which initially had no oxps in there (other than debugging; it now has longway, blackbaron and spyhunter). I noticed that even though the automatic save is on it very rarely did anything. I thought it was supposed to do that on each launch? I have been moving around G1 a lot, getting the ship upgrades then commencing normal work and I got to 400-odd kills with the autosave entry still saying "Xexedi - harmless" or whatever it says but you get the gist. I can sort-of force it to do the right thing but it seems to mean going into the options in f2 every time and selecting the option (or deselecting and reselecting - pressing return seemed to help) - more complicated than saving manually. Anyway, is this something anyone else has seen?

Rich
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Automatic save isn't working properly v1.76.1

Post by Diziet Sma »

Are you doing manual saves? It used to be that even if you manually saved, an autosave would take place when you launched. That behaviour has been changed, and autosave only operates when you don't manually save.

Try launching without saving first.. that should trigger an autosave.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
richard.a.p.smith
Deadly
Deadly

Re: Automatic save isn't working properly v1.76.1

Post by richard.a.p.smith »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Try launching without saving first.. that should trigger an autosave.
Yes, that's it. Thanks. Rich.