New range of turrets

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Shipbuilder
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: New range of turrets

Post by Shipbuilder »

Pleb - That’s not a problem I’ll PM you with the Wings 3D file, .dat file and texture file, (2048x2048 unless you want another texture size), probably later tonight.

I don’t suppose you know the size of a dodo station do you ?
The GalTech Industries Corporation - Building ships to populate the galaxies.

Increase the variety of ships within your Ooniverse by downloading my OXPs

Flying the [wiki]Serpent_Class_Cruiser[/wiki] "Thargoid's Bane"
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

Shipbuilder wrote:
Griff's Dodo gives these numbers for the mainhull: model size: 1336.798 x 1406.010 x 1148.755
I ain't sure of the core Dodo's dimensions, but I presume they're similar.
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pleb »

Shipbuilder wrote:
Pleb - That’s not a problem I’ll PM you with the Wings 3D file, .dat file and texture file, (2048x2048 unless you want another texture size), probably later tonight.

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: Thank you very much indeed!!! The texture size will be fine, thank you ever so much!

Umm, I'm not really sure about the size, the wiki says that the Dodecahedron Station is 1000x1000x1000 metres in the game, but how thats converted in Wings 3D I'm not sure, only really just started messing around with using the program to be honest.

Now when I have my Oolite version of a Death Star, combined with the Frigates from Galactic Navy which are bascially Oolite's version of Star Destroyers, I will have an Oolite version of the Empire! The Ooniverse will be mine... *cue Imperial March music, yet again!* :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
El Viejo wrote:
Griff's Dodo gives these numbers for the mainhull: model size: 1336.798 x 1406.010 x 1148.755
I ain't sure of the core Dodo's dimensions, but I presume they're similar.
Those look about right I'm sure, thanks El Viejo! :D
Desktop PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790K Quad Core 4.4GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti RAM: 32GB DDR3

Laptop PC: CPU: Intel i5-10300H Quad Core 4.5GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 RAM: 32GB DDR4
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Pleb wrote:
Umm, I'm not really sure about the size, the wiki says that the Dodecahedron Station is 1000x1000x1000 metres in the game, but how thats converted in Wings 3D I'm not sure
Easy to remember: One Oolite metre = One Wings 3D distance unit ;)
Shipbuilder
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Shipbuilder »

Thanks EV.

@ Pleb - Wings units of measurement when converted to oolite are in metres.

Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pleb »

Ah well that's simple enough then! :lol: Thanks Shipbuilder and cim. And thank you again Shipbuilder for providing me with the perfect template for a Death Star normal looking space station that has no hidden agenda whatsoever... :twisted:
Desktop PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790K Quad Core 4.4GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti RAM: 32GB DDR3

Laptop PC: CPU: Intel i5-10300H Quad Core 4.5GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 RAM: 32GB DDR4
Wildeblood
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Wildeblood »

Shipbuilder, I'm thinking "Doomsday Orbital", about 1000m in diameter, with a square, rather than the usual rectangular, docking port on the 'back' directly opposite the cannon. An animation script that makes the whole station continuously re-orient to track any likely nearby targets with the cannon, rather than the usual station roll. Imagine you're in the last moments of docking, when a pirate flies by the other side and the whole station starts to slew around without warning. :twisted:

Pleb, you must have missed Staer9 introducing a quite detailed model of the Imperial Star Destroyer into Oolite last year? (I write 'introduced' because IIRC he converted it from another game and it's not his creation. Apologies if I'm wrong about that?)
Cody

Post by Cody »

Wildeblood wrote:
Shipbuilder, I'm thinking "Doomsday Orbital", about 1000m in diameter, with a square, rather than the usual rectangular, docking port on the 'back' directly opposite the cannon.
A hexagonal dock, similar to Griff's rock hermit, would look cool.
Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pleb »

Wildeblood wrote:
Pleb, you must have missed Staer9 introducing a quite detailed model of the Imperial Star Destroyer into Oolite last year? (I write 'introduced' because IIRC he converted it from another game and it's not his creation. Apologies if I'm wrong about that?)
No I do know about it, but I was talking in the sense of Oolite's own kind of take on it, like this would be Oolite's own kind of take on a Death Star.
El Viejo wrote:
Agreed! :twisted:

Cody

Post by Cody »

Pleb wrote:
El Viejo wrote:
Agreed!
The only thing that concerns me is whether that should've been an hexagonal, rather than a hexagonal? The former, I think.
<the ghost of my old English teacher hovers, ready to chuck a lump of chalk at me>
Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pleb »

El Viejo wrote:
The only thing that concerns me is whether that should've been an hexagonal, rather than a hexagonal?
Not sure, Google brings up both... I might be English but things like that I really couldn't tell you... :?

Shipbuilder
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Shipbuilder »

@ Wildeblood and Pleb - I have just sent you a PM with the download link for the orbital turret model.
I'm not sure, only really just started messing around with using the program to be honest.
Pleb - If you have any questions regarding Wings 3D let me know (Hopefully I will be able to help). :D

Also if you decide that you want to resize it that is easy to do.

Thargoid
Thargoid
Thargoid

Post by Thargoid »

El Viejo wrote:
The only thing that concerns me is whether that should've been an hexagonal, rather than a hexagonal? The former, I think.
<the ghost of my old English teacher hovers, ready to chuck a lump of chalk at me>
I think it's only "an" when the h is phonetically silent before a vowel (such as in "honest"). So in the case of hexagonal it would be "a".
Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Post by Smivs »

'An Hotel' is correct, I believe, although the 'H' is silent when used this way, whereas normally it is not.
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
Fatleaf
Intergalactic Spam Assassin
Intergalactic Spam Assassin

Post by Fatleaf »

Then what you need to go with your Death Star is an Imperial Star Destroyer from Staer9

It looks quite cool.
Find out about the early influences of Fatleaf here. Also his OXP's!
Holds the Ooniversal record for "Thread Necromancy"