[UPDATE] keyboardCobra v1.2 to aid keyboard playing

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Captain Beatnik
Deadly
Deadly

Re: [UPDATE] keyboardCobra v1.1 to aid keyboard playing

Post by Captain Beatnik »

SandJ wrote:
Captain Beatnik wrote:
Is the damper adjustable and if so how can I adjust it?
You could install this OXP. :)
Yes I could. :D But his .OXP limits the maximum values of pitch/roll/yaw. :( I did not intend to limit the maximum values (and thus make the ship less maneuverable), but to icrease the damping (=the amount of time you have to press a direction key until you reach the maximum values of pitch/roll/yaw). This would ease aiming, because the movement of the crosshair would start more slowly, but not limit the maneuverability of the ship. The player still could reach the defined maximum values of pitch/roll/yaw by keeping his finger on the proper direction key. :wink:
SandJ wrote:
Captain Beatnik wrote:
Is there a key for the damper in shipdata.plist or an other config file?
Yes. Install this OXP and read the documentation within it. It tells you what to do if you want to tweak the values. :D
"max_flight_pitch / -_roll _yaw" affects the damping only indirect. As far as I can see, after pressing a direction key it always takes 0.5 seconds to come from zero to the defined maximum value regardless of what you have defined as maximum value. What I had in mind was to double the the amount of time you have to press a direction key until you reach the maximum values of pitch/roll/yaw for a easier aiming instead of bisecting the maximum values. :idea: Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea how to accomplish that. :(

Best regards

C.B.
I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by.
(Douglas Adams, 1952 - 2001)
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [UPDATE] keyboardCobra v1.1 to aid keyboard playing

Post by SandJ »

Captain Beatnik wrote:
As far as I can see, after pressing a direction key it always takes 0.5 seconds to come from zero to the defined maximum value regardless of what you have defined as maximum value. What I had in mind was to double the the amount of time you have to press a direction key until you reach the maximum values of pitch/roll/yaw for a easier aiming instead of bisecting the maximum values. :idea: Unfortunately I have absolutely no idea how to accomplish that. :(
Nor have I. Sounds like we need a "Precision steering" option in the 'Game Options' that does just that. :)
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
OSH
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: [UPDATE] keyboardCobra v1.2 to aid keyboard playing

Post by OSH »

Unfortunately This doesn't work by me...

Code: Select all

Opening log for Oolite version 1.77 (x86-32) under Windows 5.1.2600 Dodatek Service Pack 3 32-bit at 2013-01-23 00:30:42 +0100.
4 processors detected.
Build options: spoken messages, mass/fuel pricing.

Note that the contents of the log file can be adjusted by editing logcontrol.plist.

00:30:42.453 [dataCache.rebuild.explicitFlush]: Cache explicitly flushed with shift key. Rebuilding from scratch.
00:30:42.953 [display.mode.list.native]: Windows native resolution detected: 1024 x 768
00:30:43.609 [joystick.init]: Number of joysticks detected: 2
00:30:43.640 [rendering.opengl.version]: OpenGL renderer version: 4.3.0 ("4.3.0"). Vendor: "NVIDIA Corporation". Renderer: "GeForce GT 440/PCIe/SSE2/3DNOW!".
00:30:43.640 [rendering.opengl.extensions]: OpenGL extensions (300):
GL_ARB_draw_instanced, GL_NV_texture_lod_clamp, GL_NV_float_buffer, GL_NV_vertex_attrib_integer_64bit, GL_ARB_occlusion_query, GL_EXT_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_texture_storage, GL_ARB_texture_env_dot3, GL_ARB_sync, GL_EXTX_framebuffer_mixed_formats, GL_ARB_texture_multisample, GL_ARB_explicit_uniform_location, GL_NV_texture_env_combine4, GL_ARB_point_parameters, GL_OES_depth24, GL_ARB_vertex_array_object, GL_NVX_gpu_memory_info, GL_NV_vertex_buffer_unified_memory, GL_ARB_blend_func_extended, GL_NV_explicit_multisample, GL_EXT_provoking_vertex, GL_NV_texture_shader2, GL_EXT_blend_equation_separate, GL_ARB_compressed_texture_pixel_storage, GL_NV_texture_shader3, GL_ARB_texture_non_power_of_two, GL_ARB_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_ARB_debug_output, GL_EXT_multi_draw_arrays, GL_NV_fence, GL_ARB_timer_query, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_range, GL_OES_packed_depth_stencil, GL_NV_occlusion_query, GL_EXT_abgr, GL_ARB_vertex_program, GL_NV_shader_buffer_load, GL_ATI_texture_float, GL_ARB_draw_buffers_blend, GL_NV_shader_storage_buffer_object, GL_ARB_viewport_array, GL_KTX_buffer_region, GL_ARB_shadow, GL_NV_light_max_exponent, GL_EXT_texture_cube_map, GL_EXT_texture_compression_dxt1, GL_ARB_shader_atomic_counters, GL_NV_texture_multisample, GL_NV_primitive_restart, GL_EXT_framebuffer_object, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB, GL_ARB_shader_storage_buffer_object, GL_ARB_conservative_depth, GL_ARB_get_program_binary, GL_NV_shader_atomic_float, GL_ARB_multitexture, GL_NV_half_float, GL_NV_copy_image, GL_NV_path_rendering, GL_OES_depth32, GL_NV_register_combiners, GL_ARB_shader_image_size, GL_NV_compute_program5, GL_NV_draw_texture, GL_EXT_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_ARB_shader_objects, GL_EXT_blend_func_separate, GL_EXT_bgra, GL_ARB_pixel_buffer_object, GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_64bit, GL_NV_fragment_program2, GL_EXT_Cg_shader, GL_ARB_draw_buffers, GL_EXT_separate_shader_objects, GL_NV_texgen_reflection, GL_ARB_texture_env_crossbar, GL_ARB_fragment_shader, GL_EXT_texture_swizzle, GL_EXT_fog_coord, GL_EXT_vertex_array_bgra, GL_EXT_framebuffer_blit, GL_NV_copy_depth_to_color, GL_ARB_texture_compression_rgtc, GL_OES_read_format, GL_ARB_sample_shading, GL_NV_vertex_program1_1, GL_ARB_seamless_cube_map, GL_WIN_swap_hint, GL_EXT_texture_shared_exponent, GL_ARB_shading_language_420pack, GL_ARB_shader_subroutine, GL_OES_point_size_array, GL_EXT_texture_format_BGRA8888, GL_OES_compressed_paletted_texture, GL_EXT_geometry_shader4, GL_EXT_direct_state_access, GL_EXT_compiled_vertex_array, GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object2, GL_KHR_debug, GL_ARB_copy_image, GL_ARB_shader_image_load_store, GL_NV_vertex_array_range2, GL_ARB_shading_language_include, GL_EXT_texture_storage, GL_EXT_shader_image_load_store, GL_EXT_separate_specular_color, GL_ARB_vertex_type_2_10_10_10_rev, GL_EXT_vertex_array, GL_ARB_shading_language_100, GL_OES_texture_float, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample_blit_scaled, GL_EXT_rescale_normal, GL_ARB_texture_float, GL_EXT_packed_depth_stencil, GL_EXT_bindable_uniform, GL_ARB_texture_swizzle, GL_ARB_half_float_pixel, GL_EXT_texture_compression_s3tc, GL_EXT_draw_instanced, GL_ARB_occlusion_query2, GL_NV_transform_feedback, GL_NV_texture_compression_vtc, GL_ARB_texture_rgb10_a2ui, GL_SGIS_texture_lod, WGL_EXT_swap_control, GL_ARB_geometry_shader4, GL_NV_point_sprite, GL_ARB_framebuffer_object, GL_NV_conditional_render, GL_EXT_stencil_two_side, GL_ARB_texture_rg, GL_OES_get_program_binary, GL_NV_texture_expand_normal, GL_EXT_texture_type_2_10_10_10_REV, GL_ARB_color_buffer_float, GL_NV_gpu_program4_1, GL_NV_framebuffer_multisample_coverage, GL_EXT_blend_color, GL_NV_packed_depth_stencil, GL_NV_geometry_shader4, GL_NV_texture_rectangle, GL_ARB_vertex_array_bgra, GL_EXT_texture_integer, GL_EXT_texture_array, GL_ARB_base_instance, GL_EXT_import_sync_object, GL_ARB_shading_language_packing, GL_ARB_fragment_program_shadow, GL_ARB_fragment_layer_viewport, GL_NV_gpu_program4, GL_NV_fragdepth, GL_EXT_texture_buffer_object, GL_OES_standard_derivatives, GL_NV_vertex_program2_option, GL_NV_gpu_program5, GL_ARB_map_buffer_range, GL_ARB_fragment_program, GL_ARB_copy_buffer, GL_OES_point_sprite, GL_NV_blend_minmax, GL_ARB_tessellation_shader, GL_NV_gpu_shader5, GL_S3_s3tc, GL_NV_depth_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_lod_bias, GL_EXT_texture_filter_anisotropic, GL_EXT_draw_buffers2, GL_OES_texture_3D, GL_NV_fragment_program, GL_EXT_secondary_color, GL_ARB_transform_feedback2, GL_ARB_transform_feedback3, GL_ARB_ES3_compatibility, GL_EXT_framebuffer_multisample, GL_ARB_window_pos, GL_IBM_rasterpos_clip, GL_EXT_texture_env_combine, GL_ARB_vertex_shader, GL_ARB_texture_compression_bptc, GL_SGIS_generate_mipmap, GL_ARB_compatibility, GL_ATI_texture_mirror_once, GL_EXT_packed_float, GL_ARB_texture_border_clamp, GL_ARB_explicit_attrib_location, GL_NV_blend_square, GL_ARB_internalformat_query, GL_EXT_texture3D, GL_ARB_arrays_of_arrays, GL_SUN_slice_accum, GL_ARB_robust_buffer_access_behavior, GL_NV_vertex_array_range, GL_ARB_ES2_compatibility, GL_NV_vertex_program, GL_ARB_texture_query_lod, GL_NV_multisample_filter_hint, GL_ARB_invalidate_subdata, GL_EXT_texture_mirror_clamp, GL_EXT_texture_sRGB_decode, GL_ARB_texture_compression, GL_NV_vertex_program2, GL_NV_multisample_coverage, GL_ARB_texture_env_add, GL_ARB_imaging, GL_NV_vertex_program3, GL_ARB_provoking_vertex, GL_ARB_framebuffer_no_attachments, GL_EXT_gpu_shader4, GL_ARB_texture_rectangle, GL_EXT_texture_edge_clamp, GL_NV_transform_feedback2, GL_ARB_multi_draw_indirect, GL_OES_texture_half_float_linear, GL_ARB_draw_elements_base_vertex, GL_ARB_fragment_coord_conventions, GL_OES_texture_half_float, GL_ARB_separate_shader_objects, GL_SGIX_shadow, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map, GL_NV_ES1_1_compatibility, GL_EXT_transform_feedback2, GL_NV_alpha_test, GL_ARB_vertex_attrib_binding, GL_OES_vertex_array_object, GL_EXT_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_ARB_clear_buffer_object, GL_NV_fragment_program_option, GL_EXT_texture_compression_latc, GL_ARB_robustness, GL_ARB_point_sprite, GL_ARB_texture_gather, GL_ARB_texture_buffer_object_rgb32, GL_ARB_internalformat_query2, GL_OES_depth_texture, GL_NV_depth_buffer_float, GL_ARB_depth_texture, GL_EXT_texture_object, GL_EXT_depth_bounds_test, GL_NV_fog_distance, GL_ARB_instanced_arrays, GL_EXT_blend_minmax, GL_ARB_compute_shader, GL_SGIX_depth_texture, GL_ATI_draw_buffers, GL_ARB_framebuffer_sRGB, GL_NV_fbo_color_attachments, GL_EXT_blend_subtract, GL_NV_register_combiners2, GL_EXT_packed_pixels, GL_IBM_texture_mirrored_repeat, GL_NV_texture_shader, GL_EXT_draw_range_elements, GL_ARB_texture_cube_map_array, GL_ARB_sampler_objects, GL_ARB_half_float_vertex, GL_OES_mapbuffer, GL_ARB_shader_precision, GL_ARB_gpu_shader5, GL_OES_rgb8_rgba8, GL_ARB_depth_clamp, GL_ARB_texture_storage_multisample, GL_ARB_transpose_matrix, GL_NV_parameter_buffer_object, GL_ARB_vertex_buffer_object, GL_ARB_texture_query_levels, GL_ARB_draw_indirect, GL_AMD_multi_draw_indirect, GL_EXT_pixel_buffer_object, GL_EXT_vertex_attrib_64bit, GL_ARB_transform_feedback_instanced, GL_ARB_texture_view, GL_OES_texture_npot, GL_NVX_conditional_render, GL_ARB_texture_env_combine, GL_OES_vertex_half_float, GL_ARB_shader_bit_encoding, GL_EXT_timer_query, GL_EXT_gpu_program_parameters, GL_ARB_shader_texture_lod, GL_ARB_program_interface_query, GL_ARB_uniform_buffer_object, GL_ARB_multisample, GL_EXT_texture_env_dot3, GL_OES_texture_float_linear, GL_NV_shader_atomic_counters, GL_EXT_shadow_funcs, GL_ARB_stencil_texturing, GL_EXT_texture_lod, GL_ARB_depth_buffer_float, GL_NV_pixel_data_range, GL_ARB_map_buffer_alignment, GL_ARB_gpu_shader_fp64, GL_EXT_stencil_wrap, GL_OES_fbo_render_mipmap, GL_EXT_point_parameters, GL_OES_element_index_uint, GL_NV_texture_barrier, GL_NV_gpu_program_fp64, GL_NV_complex_primitives
00:30:43.687 [rendering.opengl.shader.support]: Shaders are supported.
00:30:43.968 [dataCache.rebuild.explicitFlush]: Cache explicitly flushed with shift key. Rebuilding from scratch.
00:30:43.984 [searchPaths.dumpAll]: Unrestricted mode - resource paths:
    Resources
    ../AddOns
    ../AddOns/BGS-A1.6.oxp
    ../AddOns/Cabal_Common_Library1.7.oxp
    ../AddOns/DeepspaceHUD_Retro.oxp
    ../AddOns/DeepspaceShip.oxp
    ../AddOns/Deep_Horizon_Nav_Buoy.oxp
    ../AddOns/Famous_Planets_v2.5.oxp
    ../AddOns/Galactic_Navy 5.4.3.oxp
    ../AddOns/keyboardCobra_v1.2.oxp
    ../AddOns/Neolite_Core_Addition_1.1.1.oxp
    ../AddOns/Neolite_Core_Resources_A_1.1.oxp
    ../AddOns/Neolite_Core_Resources_B_1.1.oxp
    ../AddOns/PAGroove_Stations_v1.2.2.oxp
    ../AddOns/Smivs'Shipset-v4.1.4-HD-add.oxp
00:30:44.296 [shipData.load.begin]: Loading ship data.
00:30:44.531 [plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse ../AddOns/keyboardCobra_v1.2.oxp/Config/shipdata-overrides.plist as a property list.
Parse failed at line 152 (char 5636) - unexpected character (wanted ';' or '}')
00:30:44.546 [shipData.merge.failed]: ***** ERROR: one or more shipdata.plist entries have like_ship references that cannot be resolved: hofd-nellie, intercept-argus, intercept-atlas, intercept-bolverk, intercept-Colossus, intercept-geryon, intercept-gog, intercept-goliath, intercept-grid, intercept-loki, intercept-magog, intercept-nimrod, intercept-surt, intercept-talos, intercept-tethys, intercept-titan, intercept-ymir, navy-argus, navy-argus-battlegroup, navy-atlas, navy-atlas-battlegroup, navy-bolverk, navy-bolverk-battlegroup, navy-Colossus, navy-Colossus-battlegroup, navy-geryon, navy-geryon-battlegroup, navy-gog, navy-gog-battlegroup, navy-goliath, navy-goliath-battlegroup, navy-grid, navy-grid-battlegroup, navy-loki, navy-loki-battlegroup, navy-magog, navy-magog-battlegroup, navy-nimrod, navy-nimrod-battlegroup, navy-surt, navy-surt-battlegroup, navy-talos, navy-talos-battlegroup, navy-tethys, navy-tethys-battlegroup, navy-titan, navy-titan-battlegroup, navy-ymir, navy-ymir-battlegroup, picket-argus, picket-atlas, picket-bolverk, picket-colossus, picket-geryon, picket-gog, picket-goliath, picket-grid, picket-loki, picket-magog, picket-nimrod, picket-surt, picket-talos, picket-tethys, picket-titan, picket-ymir
00:30:49.296 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 22 world scripts:
    BGS-M 1.6
    Cabal_Common_Briefing 1.7
    Cabal_Common_Comms 1.7
    Cabal_Common_Functions 1.7
    Cabal_Common_Keyboard 1.7
    Cabal_Common_MissionHandling 1.7
    Cabal_Common_Music 1.7
    Cabal_Common_Overlay 1.7
    Cabal_Common_OXPStrength 1.7
    Cabal_Common_SpecialMarkets 1.7
    Famous Planets 2 Launch Script 2.0.2
    GalNavy 5.4.3
    hofd 5.3.0
    oolite-cloaking-device 1.77
    oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.77
    oolite-contracts-cargo 1.77
    oolite-contracts-helpers 1.77
    oolite-contracts-parcels 1.77
    oolite-contracts-passengers 1.77
    oolite-nova 1.77
    oolite-thargoid-plans 1.77
    oolite-trumbles 1.77
00:30:55.984 [startup.complete]: ========== Loading complete in 13.42 seconds. ==========
00:31:06.921 [script.load.world.listAll]: Loaded 22 world scripts:
    BGS-M 1.6
    Cabal_Common_Briefing 1.7
    Cabal_Common_Comms 1.7
    Cabal_Common_Functions 1.7
    Cabal_Common_Keyboard 1.7
    Cabal_Common_MissionHandling 1.7
    Cabal_Common_Music 1.7
    Cabal_Common_Overlay 1.7
    Cabal_Common_OXPStrength 1.7
    Cabal_Common_SpecialMarkets 1.7
    Famous Planets 2 Launch Script 2.0.2
    GalNavy 5.4.3
    hofd 5.3.0
    oolite-cloaking-device 1.77
    oolite-constrictor-hunt 1.77
    oolite-contracts-cargo 1.77
    oolite-contracts-helpers 1.77
    oolite-contracts-parcels 1.77
    oolite-contracts-passengers 1.77
    oolite-nova 1.77
    oolite-thargoid-plans 1.77
    oolite-trumbles 1.77
00:32:19.281 [exit.context]: Exiting: SDL_QUIT event received.
00:32:19.281 [gameController.exitApp]: .GNUstepDefaults synchronized.

Closing log at 2013-01-23 00:32:19 +0100.
A4000 060/50, 16 MB RAM, A1200 E/BOX Tower, Apollo 1240/25 MHz 34 MB RAM, HDD 40 GB; LiteOn 52x32x52, A1200 E1230/40 18 MB RAM, CD-32+SX-1 10 MB RAM, A500, CDTV, A600, C-64, C-64+1541-II, C-64G, C-16
Still hunting in Edriuson (G3) for Deadly status...
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

OSH wrote:
Since you're using 1.77, precise keyboard steering is built-in - just hold Ctrl while turning.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

This would appear to be the problem..

00:30:44.531 [plist.parse.failed]: Failed to parse ../AddOns/keyboardCobra_v1.2.oxp/Config/shipdata-overrides.plist as a property list.
Parse failed at line 152 (char 5636) - unexpected character (wanted ';' or '}')
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
OSH
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by OSH »

cim: I know it, but I don't want it - I'm playing with joystick, which simulates keyboard with help Joy2Key.
Diziet Sma: Yeah, but I don't know, what exactly is wrong with this parsing and how I should change it.
A4000 060/50, 16 MB RAM, A1200 E/BOX Tower, Apollo 1240/25 MHz 34 MB RAM, HDD 40 GB; LiteOn 52x32x52, A1200 E1230/40 18 MB RAM, CD-32+SX-1 10 MB RAM, A500, CDTV, A600, C-64, C-64+1541-II, C-64G, C-16
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

Ok.. this is very strange. The relevant section is:

//
	//	Dragon.OXP
	"dragon-an-player" =
	{
	//	name = "Dragon AN";		Original value for reference
	//	max_flight_pitch = 1;		Original value for reference
	//	max_flight_roll  = 2;		Original value for reference
	//
		name = "Dragon AN-KB"; 		// so you know it is installed
		max_flight_pitch = 0.4;		// Affects ^ V and < and > keys
		max_flight_roll  = 1.0;		// Affects <- and -> keys
	}
	//
Line 152 is "dragon-an-player" =

It looks essentially no different than Line 140, which reads "adck_cobra3-player" = yet parses with no problems.

Edit: Never mind.. I've spotted the problem.

Here's some earlier entries:

"morayMED-player" =
	{
	//	name = "Moray Medical Boat";	Original value for reference
	//	max_flight_pitch = 1.5;		Original value for reference
	//	max_flight_roll  = 2.5;		Original value for reference
	//
		name = "Moray Medical Boat (KB)"; // so you know it is installed
	};   <----- Dizzy: Note Here
	"python-player" =
	{
	//	name = "Python";		Original value for reference
	//	max_flight_pitch = 0.8;		Original value for reference
	//
		name = "Python (KB)";		// so you know it is installed
	};   <----- Dizzy: And Here
Here's the entries for OXP ships:

// *** OXP ships ***
	//
	"adck_cobra3-player" =
	{
	//	name = "Cobra Mark III";	Original value for reference
	//
		name = "Cobra adck Mark III-KB"; // so you know it is installed
	}   <----- Dizzy: Note Here
	//
	//	Dragon.OXP
	"dragon-an-player" =
	{
	//	name = "Dragon AN";		Original value for reference
	//
		name = "Dragon AN-KB"; 		// so you know it is installed
	}   <----- Dizzy: And Here
Every single entry for the OXP ships is missing a closing ; after the final closing bracket }

The final 5 ships all need a ; added.
Last edited by Diziet Sma on Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
Most games have some sort of paddling-pool-and-water-wings beginning to ease you in: Oolite takes the rather more Darwinian approach of heaving you straight into the ocean, often with a brick or two in your pockets for luck. ~ Disembodied
OSH
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by OSH »

I've copied it from original KeyboardCobra OXP. Yes, I confirm.
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Diziet Sma wrote:
Line 152 is "dragon-an-player" =

It looks essentially no different than Line 140, which reads "adck_cobra3-player" = yet parses with no problems.
That suggests that the entry above, line 149 or so, has } rather than };. So 152 is expected to close an entry, but instead opens a new one.
Diziet Sma
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Diziet Sma »

See my edited post above.. there are 5 spots that need fixing.
OSH
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by OSH »

Great! It works now!!! Thanks!!!
And one reflection: if I would be smart enough I will fix this self...
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

cim wrote:
OSH wrote:
Since you're using 1.77, precise keyboard steering is built-in - just hold Ctrl while turning.
This is awesome! Thanks. What would be really great is an option to switch the sense of the CTRL key (I'd rather have to hold it down for a faster roll and not have to hold down ctrl for dog fights), or some way to toggle the modes so that holding down the key isn't needed at all.

Is there any way to tune the damp amount? Maybe an options slider....?

A joystick isn't really an option for me, can one really dogfight the harder opponents with just the keyboard?
cim
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by cim »

Bogatyr wrote:
Is there any way to tune the damp amount?
There's a hidden setting for it. No in-game slider, yet, nor any way to reverse the sense.
Bogatyr wrote:
A joystick isn't really an option for me, can one really dogfight the harder opponents with just the keyboard?
Yes, definitely. It just takes practice, but then there's plenty of that to get on the way to Elite rank.

The precision key isn't that much use in a close-in dogfight, but it can be useful for picking off ships at range before or after.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Bogatyr wrote:
Yes. You need to edit the file .GNUstepDefaults, found inside <OoliteInstallDir>/oolite.app/GNUstep/Defaults and add this line:

"flight-arrow-key-precision-factor" = 0.33;
The 0.33 above is used as an example. The precision factor can be anything between 0.05 and 1.0 and the default value is 0.5.
Bogatyr
Deadly
Deadly

Post by Bogatyr »

another_commander wrote:
Bogatyr wrote:
Yes. You need to edit the file .GNUstepDefaults, found inside <OoliteInstallDir>/oolite.app/GNUstep/Defaults and add this line:

"flight-arrow-key-precision-factor" = 0.33;
The 0.33 above is used as an example. The precision factor can be anything between 0.05 and 1.0 and the default value is 0.5.
Awesome, thanks!