OXP hunting... so many...

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: winston, another_commander

marcusrg
Deadly
Deadly

OXP hunting... so many...

Post by marcusrg »

More adictive then the game itself is the hunt for oxp's to make it better! I found myself in addiction to hunt for them, rather them play! I wonder if too much oxp's installed may hurt the game in some way. What do you friends think about it? Last oxp I installed was famous planets, and I am very happy with it. :)

Greetins from Leesti.
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: OXP hunting... so many...

Post by SandJ »

marcusrg wrote:
I wonder if too much oxps installed may hurt the game in some way.
Yep. Some clash. So just check each one on the wiki or on here for its thread to see if it doesn't play nicely with others. Also, the wiki's OXP list tells you which ones don't work with the current version of Oolite.

If the spec of your computer is not good, you may find one or two have a performance impact. For example, the Tionisla graveyard + the Tionisla station both being in existence crippled my old PC. The Buoy Repair Station did too. But it was a low spec PC.

I would also suggest you only install OXPs one at a time so if there is a problem you know which one caused it.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
marcusrg
Deadly
Deadly

Re: OXP hunting... so many...

Post by marcusrg »

Ok, thanks for the reply. I'll be careful with oxp's here. :)