[RELEASE] Jaguar Company 2.5r29

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Smivs
Retired Assassin
Retired Assassin

Re: [RELEASE] Jaguar Company 2.0

Post by Smivs »

Tricky wrote:
Turrets were in the wrong position. Re-uploaded. Same version number.
<pedantic mode>
Any change to an OXP should result in a new version number, otherwise you can't distinguish between the 'broken' version X and the 'fixed' version X.
</pedant mode>

I think I got a slapped wrist for not upping a version number for a revised readme once :wink:
Commander Smivs, the friendliest Gourd this side of Riedquat.
another_commander
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral
Quite Grand Sub-Admiral

Post by another_commander »

Smivs wrote:
<pedantic mode>
Any change to an OXP should result in a new version number, otherwise you can't distinguish between the 'broken' version X and the 'fixed' version X.
</pedant mode>
What he said. You are getting yourself into a world of pain if you don't version your releases properly.
Gimi
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Gimi »

another_commander wrote:
Smivs wrote:
<pedantic mode>
</pedant mode>
What he said. You are getting yourself into a world of pain if you don't version your releases properly.
What they said, and please put the version number in the zip file name as well. Pretty please.....
"A brilliant game of blasting and trading... Truly a mega-game... The game of a lifetime."
(Gold Medal Award, Zzap!64 May 1985).
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

1: I didn't think people cared. :shock:
2: Keeping it at 2.0 but I have changed the zip files to include version numbers.
3: Not going as far as adding date as that can be got from the timestamp.
4: Why has it taken this long for you to mention it? :wink:

OP updated.

Downloads:
box.com
dropbox
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

00:51:47.012 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (Jaguar Company 2.0): TypeError: system.sun is null
00:51:47.012 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: /home/spara/.Oolite/AddOns/jaguar_company_2.0.oxp/Scripts/jaguar_company.js, line 1051.
This appeared in the log after misjump to witchspace and a CTD. It was reproducable. Latest stable Oolite.

Edit: CTD seems to happen anyway. So CTD is probably not related to this oxp. Have to iterate more.
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Jaguar Company 2.1

Post by Tricky »

spara wrote:
00:51:47.012 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: ***** JavaScript exception (Jaguar Company 2.0): TypeError: system.sun is null
00:51:47.012 [script.javaScript.exception.unexpectedType]: /home/spara/.Oolite/AddOns/jaguar_company_2.0.oxp/Scripts/jaguar_company.js, line 1051.
This appeared in the log after misjump to witchspace and a CTD. It was reproducable. Latest stable Oolite.

Edit: CTD seems to happen anyway. So CTD is probably not related to this oxp. Have to iterate more.
Thanks for the bug report. I was just about to make a new release. Fixed and uploaded.

Wiki: [EliteWiki] Jaguar Company
Download: box.com
Download: dropbox.com
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Jaguar Company 2.2

Post by Tricky »

v2.2 (2012-12-02)
Wrong variable in the buoy script.
Corrected a logic check in the asteroid script.
Optimized the cleanup code in jaguar_company_attackers.js
Fewer boulders.

Download: rsync://ebspso.dnsalias.org/jaguar_company_2.2 or ebspso.dnsalias.org::jaguar_company_2.2 (rsync)
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Jaguar Company 2.3

Post by Tricky »

v2.3 (2012-12-08)
Integration with Snoopers OXP if available.
Pilot name for patrol, tug and miner ships.
Pilot name transfered to escape pod and then used in rescue message on arrival at a station.
Use pilot's name if available in attack messages. Otherwise use the displayName.
Use pilot's name if available as the Snoopers news source. Otherwise use a random name.
Force Snoopers news to be shown at the base.
New const in the main script for Snoopers Error Codes.
Make sure thargoids/tharglets are ALWAYS seen as hostile.

Download: rsync://ebspso.dnsalias.org/jaguar_company_2.3 or ebspso.dnsalias.org::jaguar_company_2.3 (rsync)
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Jaguar Company 2.4

Post by Tricky »

Code: Select all

v2.4 (2012-12-27)
    Bug fix for spawning Jaguar Company. Potential to spawn the base at all times if the Galactic
      Navy wasn't present.
    Bug fix for checking the safe zone around the base. Wasn't checking to see if it actually existed.
    Main world script saves the last system ID that was visited for interstellar space.
    Timer on start up for the worldscripts has been added to allow each worldscript to be loaded in.
      Stops a potential dependency error happening.
    Stray commas in the route list arrays removed.
    Welcome code has been cleaned up.
    missiontext.plist and descriptions.plist cleaned up.
    Altered all player consoleMessage's to show messages for the default time limit.
    Changed all player commsMessage's to consoleMessage.
    Changed some of the player consoleMessage's back into commsMessage.
    Only insert news into Snoopers about battle help if more than 10 minutes has passed since the
      last news item was inserted.
    If you set $alwaysSpawn to true with OXPConfig the base will be spawned if it doesn't exist.
    Patrol ships follow the Galactic Navy.
        If by some freak accident, all of the Galactic Navy is destroyed, the patrol ships will go back
          to base if it exists. Otherwise they will patrol the witchpoint to planet lane.
    New reputation level. Shows the location of Jaguar Company Bases in the current galaxy.
        Re-implementation of the game random number generators for system.pseudoRandomNumber
          and system.scrambledPseudoRandomNumber, to allow checking of all the systems in the 
          current galaxy. The system versions only gives back a value for the current system.
        Oolite v1.76.1 or older only show a list of system names. Go to the long range chart then
          select the status screen (F6, F6, F5). Borrowed some code from Spara's Trophy Collector 
          OXP for this.
        Oolite v1.77 or newer display the locations on the long range chart. Uses the new object
          method of mission.markSystem so it won't intefere with other OXPs. (Hopefully)
Download: rsync://ebspso.dnsalias.org/jaguar_company_2.4 or ebspso.dnsalias.org::jaguar_company_2.4 (rsync)
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

Unknown to me (how, I have no idea), the wiki page for this OXP had an erroneous link for the box.com download. I've updated the link, with an apology.

Bumping this thread for an update.

Download: Google Drive
Download: rsync://ebspso.dnsalias.org/jaguar_company_2.4 or ebspso.dnsalias.org::jaguar_company_2.4 (rsync)
spara
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by spara »

While testing other stuff, this popped to my log. It seems to manifest when doing a Galactic Hyper Jump.

09:13:20.240 [script.javaScript.exception.notFunction]: ***** JavaScript exception (Jaguar Company 2.4): TypeError: this.$rotatel is not a function
09:13:20.240 [script.javaScript.exception.notFunction]:       /home/spara/.Oolite/AddOns/jaguar_company_2.4.oxp/Scripts/jaguar_company.js, line 906.
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

Change that line to...

return (this.$rng_rotatel(x >> 8) << 8) + this.$rng_rotatel(x & 0xff);
v2.5 is due out soon.
Keeper
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Keeper »

While's you're updating it, take a look in jaguar_company_attackers.js, I think it is. It was using consoleMessage for all the communications from their ships, when it should be using commsMessage (the latter being visible in your comms log, as ship-to-ship radio messages should be).
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

Keeper wrote:
While's you're updating it, take a look in jaguar_company_attackers.js, I think it is. It was using consoleMessage for all the communications from their ships, when it should be using commsMessage (the latter being visible in your comms log, as ship-to-ship radio messages should be).
Yeah! That's fixed too. Did it quite a while ago but never got around to releasing. Been optimizing and adding stuff.
Tricky
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Tricky »

Sneak peek. Just a few things to clean up.

[EliteWiki] Cabal Common Library is now required.
Jaguar_Company_2.5r29.zip