Setting background stars & nebulas

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

BuggyBY
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: Setting background stars & nebulas

Post by BuggyBY »

Pleb wrote:
Wildeblood wrote:
No stars. Completely black sky, except for some nebulas. Not a single star. None. Zero. No fiddling with the sky settings at all, just part of Oolite's variation from system to system.
Whoa, like that episode of Star Trek Voyager where they go to the void and there's no stars... I've noticed that in a few systems, thought it was just my computer's crappy graphics.
Actually my first thought was "I didn't know Oolite had a Krikkit system ..."
UK_Eliter
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Essex (mainly industrial and occasionally anarchic)

Re: Setting background stars & nebulas

Post by UK_Eliter »

BuggyBY wrote:
Pleb wrote:
Wildeblood wrote:
No stars. Completely black sky, except for some nebulas. Not a single star. None. Zero. No fiddling with the sky settings at all, just part of Oolite's variation from system to system.
Whoa, like that episode of Star Trek Voyager where they go to the void and there's no stars... I've noticed that in a few systems, thought it was just my computer's crappy graphics.
Actually my first thought was "I didn't know Oolite had a Krikkit system ..."
(bold added). I'm beginning to feel a bit bad about this (because I've done it once already), but since there seems to be so much interest in The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy on this board, might I point members towards http://www.palgrave.com/products/title.aspx?pid=478793, which is published next week? :oops: (I did get permission for one of the moderators - albeit a moderator of the 'Outworld' section. . And I did just stumble across the current thread. Honestly!)