Her Imperial Majesty's Space Navy

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Re: Her Imperial Majesty's Space Navy

Post by Cody »

GitHub didn't like my old log-in, but after I'd verified my device (que?) and reviewed my sign-in, it's let me in - kinda!
It isn't letting me update my profile, and it seems to know my location, which I'm none too happy about. Microslurp!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

Second Issue: Have now twice gotten repetitions of the "Clear Off" message while loitering inside the Naval Base Aegis after the undocking. Unsure whether or not it works as realistic.
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
tsoj
Deadly
Deadly

Post by tsoj »

Cholmondely wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:42 pm

Done. Seems to work on my AppleMac, nobbling the Scanner, Telescope (invisible outside scanner range) & Galactic Almanac. Still visible for Okti's Long Range Scanner (needed for testing and labelled as a cheat for playing).

New issue: Stranger's World.

Station does not appear where it is supposed to (Xeer's sun), but rather in the middle of nowhere.
Does this only happen when Stranger's World is installed? The way that the himsn-system-base gets added to a system seems pretty solid. It uses the Oolite provided system populator to add something to "STAR_ORBIT", so I am not sure where something could go wrong.

For the invisibility thing, I added a pull request using your code suggestions. You should get an email or notification about it. If not, then here's a link.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Post by Cholmondely »

tsoj wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 10:46 pm
Cholmondely wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 8:42 pm

Done. Seems to work on my AppleMac, nobbling the Scanner, Telescope (invisible outside scanner range) & Galactic Almanac. Still visible for Okti's Long Range Scanner (needed for testing and labelled as a cheat for playing).

New issue: Stranger's World.

Station does not appear where it is supposed to (Xeer's sun), but rather in the middle of nowhere.
Does this only happen when Stranger's World is installed? The way that the himsn-system-base gets added to a system seems pretty solid. It uses the Oolite provided system populator to add something to "STAR_ORBIT", so I am not sure where something could go wrong.

For the invisibility thing, I added a pull request using your code suggestions. You should get an email or notification about it. If not, then here's a link.
Thanks. I get the same thing in Strangers World with the placement of CZGF's & SLAPU's, which should also be "in the sun". Maybe something to do with other suns? I didn't see anything on the various MFD's, but I was unconscious of their targeting...
Comments wanted:
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

My latest.log just threw this out:

Code: Select all

00:29:39.145 [shipData.load.warning.turret.badWeaponRange] -[OOShipRegistry(OODataLoader) validateNewStyleStandardSubentityDeclaration:forShip:fatalError:] (OOShipRegistry.m:1587): ----- WARNING: ball turret weapon range of 7500 for subentity of ship himsn_interstellar_outpost is too high, using 7200.0.
00:29:39.145 [shipData.load.warning.turret.badWeaponRange] -[OOShipRegistry(OODataLoader) validateNewStyleStandardSubentityDeclaration:forShip:fatalError:] (OOShipRegistry.m:1587): ----- WARNING: ball turret weapon range of 7500 for subentity of ship himsn_interstellar_outpost is too high, using 7200.0.
00:29:39.177 [shipData.load.warning.turret.badWeaponRange] -[OOShipRegistry(OODataLoader) validateNewStyleStandardSubentityDeclaration:forShip:fatalError:] (OOShipRegistry.m:1587): ----- WARNING: ball turret weapon range of 7500 for subentity of ship himsn_system_base is too high, using 7200.0.
00:29:39.177 [shipData.load.warning.turret.badWeaponRange] -[OOShipRegistry(OODataLoader) validateNewStyleStandardSubentityDeclaration:forShip:fatalError:] (OOShipRegistry.m:1587): ----- WARNING: ball turret weapon range of 7500 for subentity of ship himsn_system_base is too high, using 7200.0.
00:29:39.190 [shipData.load.warning.turret.badWeaponRange] -[OOShipRegistry(OODataLoader) validateNewStyleStandardSubentityDeclaration:forShip:fatalError:] (OOShipRegistry.m:1587): ----- WARNING: ball turret weapon range of 7500 for subentity of ship himsn_headquarters is too high, using 7200.0.
00:29:39.190 [shipData.load.warning.turret.badWeaponRange] -[OOShipRegistry(OODataLoader) validateNewStyleStandardSubentityDeclaration:forShip:fatalError:] (OOShipRegistry.m:1587): ----- WARNING: ball turret weapon range of 7500 for subentity of ship himsn_headquarters is too high, using 7200.0.

00:29:41.801 [plist.parse.failed] OOPropertyListFromData (OOPListParsing.m:72): Failed to parse /Users/accountname/Library/Application Support/Oolite/AddOns/himsn.0.2.oxp/Config/characters.plist as a property list.
Unexpected character { at line 1
00:29:46.586 [startup.complete] ... 
Goodness gracious me! These AppleMacs are just a laugh a minute...
Comments wanted:
Cody

Post by Cody »

GitHub no longer supports this web browser.
Now they tell me! That'll be Microslurp again!
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

cbr wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:59 pm
Adhering to function and purpose ( non-approachable military bases ), I think the dark blue is more fitting.
The burberry normalmap creates those nice bumps/ridges.
But they will be dark stations when all textures are done...

The small logos and lights on the komodo were placed by the master shipbuilder, I did a small touch up on the used logo.
Cholmondelian comment: cbr's pictures are in his original thread on the previous page
Thank you for this. Cody wants dark stations, I'm agnostic. No idea what others think (Speak up now!)

Not sure about the green swathes. But this is a matter for you aesthetic experts!

I do feel that I've made a mess of this. The original Komodo carrier/stations had logos which worked nicely with the original textures. I'd not realised this. Changing the textures made the small logos virtually invisible. I like the way that the logos worked with the original textures. I really like the little spotlights pointing at the little logos - to me, a very, very nice touch.

Seems to me as though everything is now sorted for the HIMSN alpha version bar (i) textures/logos, and (ii) location in a game with the Stranger's World suite of OXP's running. Hurrah!

The second is not important (what with the equally wacky locations of the Commie.oxp stations) - and may be best sorted out from inside Habitable Main Planets/Planetary Systems/Sun Gear

Have we finally finalised the textures? Or are matters still up in the air? Are we happy with dark textures for the Xeer sunstation, the Tetiri witchspace one, and the third one, wherever it is?

cbr: what do you now need from the rest of us to finalise things?
Comments wanted:
Cody

Post by Cody »

I'm pretty much locked out of GitHub, so whenever there's an updated version of the whole oxp, please post a direct link.
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Cody wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 4:04 pm
I'm pretty much locked out of GitHub, so whenever there's an updated version of the whole oxp, please post a direct link.
Do you want the current one - or would you rather wait for cbr to finish it all off?
Comments wanted:
Cody

Post by Cody »

Last one I downloaded was on 15/12/2021 - if there's a later revision, that'll do for now.
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

Cholmondely wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 1:53 pm
cbr: what do you now need from the rest of us to finalise things?

This picture contains the 3 different textures, I currently have. Do we go for one or none of thém?

1] wild ships burberry blue ( arrays )
2] metal gray with burberry surpressed (center)
3] dark blued steel ( kiota disk )

4] continue doodlin

Same for the komodo?

Dark blue komodo with original subtle logos, remove upper deck logos?
Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

Disembodied wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 8:01 pm
Things *may* change...
O B_O'G: thy input is desperately needed for the last stages of the first stage of HIMSN... (see cbr, just above)
Comments wanted:
Cody

Post by Cody »

You can probably guess which one I'd pick - the "dark blued steel", of course.

If it should ever get included, that shabby old Dodo station is fine as is!
cbr
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by cbr »

Dark blued steel in space :)

shadered

Non shadered

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist

Post by Cholmondely »

cbr wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:01 pm
Dark blued steel in space :)
Looks good to me...

Should we wait a fortnight for Disembodied's comments? He is the only other surviving member of the original team...

Tsoj, too, and Montana05, and anybody else who might have a view?

We can put the shab up on the GitHub site (and maybe split off the Komodo) and store them there for the next version... (reduces size of download).
Last edited by Cholmondely on Thu Dec 23, 2021 7:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Comments wanted: