(TEST RELEASE)CustomLasersv0.21 WIP for 1.77trunk/may31,2012

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

Cholmondely
Archivist
Archivist
Location: The Delightful Domains of His Most Britannic Majesty (industrial? agricultural? mainly anything?)

Re: (TEST RELEASE)CustomLasersv0.1 WIP for 1.77trunk

Post by Cholmondely »

CommonSenseOTB wrote: Thu May 17, 2012 7:08 am
Will you take the JK challenge? by CommonSenseOTB, on Flickr

After having some combat experience with the JK Pulse Laser I can now say it is an interesting challenge for the experienced pilot.

Combat with lone opponents is not too difficult, except when they have injectors, then it's just a waiting game till they run out of fuel as while they make strafing runs you may hit a few shots, they have ample time to regenerate the meager damage you inflict.

It took me 54 shots to take out a lone python and laser overheat takes a whopping 75 shots with the trigger continually pressed, that's 49.5 seconds of steady firing. :lol: Multiple opponents take some doing and more than 3 at a time should probably be avoided with this weapon.

On the other hand, the low energy consumption makes using this with the Adder and Cobra Mk.1 a natural for these ships' low energy recharge. During one combat I had my front laser damaged along with other equipment and this took me by surprise as I had to do a double take and realise I needed to do a hasty retreat. Quite refreshing to have the tables turned in this way. :D
CommonSenseOTB wrote: Tue May 29, 2012 9:40 pm
Umm...the real JK Lasers. 8)

http://www.jklasers.com/

This is very amusing. Which came first? Who inspired who? :)

I guess I'll have to give more respect to the JK Pulse Laser. :P
I just clicked the link.

Troomp has gobbled up JK lasers!
Comments wanted:
Missing OXPs? What do you think is missing?
Lore: The economics of ship building How many built for Aronar?
Lore: The Space Traders Flight Training Manual: Cowell & MgRath Do you agree with Redspear?