Taxi Galactica v1.0

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

BuggyBY
Dangerous
Dangerous

Re: Taxi Galactica v1.0

Post by BuggyBY »

Having recently installed this OXP on my netbook, I noticed that the framerate drops to around 1-2fps every time I dock with a Taxi station. I'm guessing the rotating Adder in the background of the menu screens is somehow too detailed for the puny graphics hardware. During regular flight I only experience some slowdown when there are either more than a dozen ships in close vicinity or I'm near a Kiota station, but neither case is quite as severe as the Taxi station menu lag.

Edit: Oh, and also I get a lot of errors in my Latest.log claiming that the docking bay is too small to launch (among others) a Cobra Mk III. Seems strange, as my Cobra docked without even scuffing the paint.
BuggyBY
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by BuggyBY »

I noticed that this OXP often spawns a few pirates near the witchpoint of any system I jump to, always with a bounty of 100. Isn't that only supposed to happen while I'm actually on a Taxi Galactica mission? (Also, isn't that bounty a bit too high for a generic pirate?)
Pleb
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Pleb »

BuggyBY wrote:
I noticed that this OXP often spawns a few pirates near the witchpoint of any system I jump to, always with a bounty of 100. Isn't that only supposed to happen while I'm actually on a Taxi Galactica mission? (Also, isn't that bounty a bit too high for a generic pirate?)
There are quite afew bugs/errors in this OXP that need to be addressed. I have been very busy lately and keep meaning to fix them all and upload a new release of this OXP but I haven't had the time. I promise I will try and get something done about it just as soon as time permits! :mrgreen:
Desktop PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790K Quad Core 4.4GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080Ti RAM: 32GB DDR3

Laptop PC: CPU: Intel i5-10300H Quad Core 4.5GHz (Turbo-Charged) GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 RAM: 32GB DDR4
Norby
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----
Location: Budapest, Hungary (Mainly Agricultural Democracy, TL10)

Taxi Galactica v2.1

Post by Norby »

A new version is available in the manager by phkb:

v2.1
Included YellOo cabs from Amah's "Z-Groovy's No-Shader Variety Packs" (if installed).
Taxi Cabs will now get a random ship name (if randomshipnames OXP is installed).

v2.0
Small tweaks to station AI to avoid mass taxi launches.
Updated subentity definitions in shipdata.plist to use new style.
Updated population methods to use new system populator, to allow saving the game at Taxi Stations.
BGS docking tunnel texture added.
Passenger berths can now be purchased at all Taxi Stations (it makes in-game sense that a taxi station could supply them).
Added an F4 interface screen option to allow for players to re-enter the Taxi Galactica bulletin board without needing to launch and re-dock.
Jumping to a new galaxy while carrying a taxi contract will terminate the contract at the first docking opportunity, rather than immediately after arriving in system (as it makes more sense for a wronged passenger to jump ship at that point).
The colour of the Adder model shown on mission screen will now be the same on all mission screens shown at the Taxi station. A new colour will be picked the next time the system is populated.
Added "screenID" properties to all mission screens.