Tax OXP?

An area for discussing new ideas and additions to Oolite.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

snork
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: Tax OXP?

Post by snork »

Damn !
Reading this topic is like when in a film they smoke and smoke and smoke cigarettes ....

Now I had to open the next bag of "Nimm 2 Lachgummi" - t'was on special offer a while ago and I bought 5 bags. If you lot go on like this, they won't last as long as I planned.
SandJ
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by SandJ »

Disembodied wrote:
I used to work with someone who used to work in the Irish tax office. She told me that the Irish Inland Revenue had an unofficial "flash car" policy. Anyone who bought a car that was on a short list of "flash" motors – BMWs, Porsches, Ferraris, etc. – was audited, on he pure gut instinct that people who drove such vehicles probably fiddled their taxes. Although wholly unscientific, it did, apparently, have a 90% success rate at catching tax dodgers.
Interesting. I worked with an ex-auditor who used to visit the various office of his corporation and ask for the car park list. He would wander round the car park noting the flash cars and only bother auditing the teams run by or containing the owners of such cars. He said he had learned people on the fiddle were incapable of not showing off their relative wealth.
Flying a Cobra Mk I Cobbie 3 with nothing but Explorers Club.OXP and a beam laser 4 proper lasers for company :D
Dropbox referral link 2GB of free space online + 500 Mb for the referral: good for securing work-in-progress.
Cody
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin
Sharp Shooter Spam Assassin

Post by Cody »

SandJ wrote:
He said he had learned people on the fiddle were incapable of not showing off their relative wealth.
This does not surprise me in the least!
I would advise stilts for the quagmires, and camels for the snowy hills
And any survivors, their debts I will certainly pay. There's always a way!