[RELEASE] Blimpy

Discussion and information relevant to creating special missions, new ships, skins etc.

Moderators: another_commander, winston

mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Re: [RELEASE] Blimpy

Post by mandoman »

I ironed out the disturbance on the side of the ship, and also broke the ship into two seperate oxps. BigBlimpy, and SmallBlimpy. Either one docks with stations without any problems that I could find.
Mandotech Industries Wiki Page.

http://wiki.alioth.net/index.php/User:Mandoman
BuggyBY
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by BuggyBY »

I just bought a SmallBlimpy and noticed that it's not possible to get a Fuel Scoop for it. Was that a deliberate design choice? I quite fancied the idea of being able to hoover up the cargo capacity of several Boas ...

Also, I have not been able to get docking clearance from any constores or main stations. Luckily, with main stations there is the option to quickly dock with Shift-C, so it wasn't as big a problem as I feared. Docking manually with constores and even rock hermits was also pretty easy, but any attempt to fly into a Kiota station ended with a loud bang.
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

BuggyBY wrote:
I just bought a SmallBlimpy and noticed that it's not possible to get a Fuel Scoop for it. Was that a deliberate design choice? I quite fancied the idea of being able to hoover up the cargo capacity of several Boas ...

Also, I have not been able to get docking clearance from any constores or main stations. Luckily, with main stations there is the option to quickly dock with Shift-C, so it wasn't as big a problem as I feared. Docking manually with constores and even rock hermits was also pretty easy, but any attempt to fly into a Kiota station ended with a loud bang.
Good catch, BuggyBY. I didn't notice it, and it was the same in the BigBlimpy as well. I have replaced the links to the corrected versions. Anyone that doesn't want to reload another version, if you already have one of the first, just open the oxp file, open the Config file inside the oxp, and then open "shipdata.plist" with a good text editor. Once shipdata.plist is open, look for the lines that say "has_ecm" = yes;, etc.. I just went to the last "has_" entry, put the cursor at the end of that line, enter to a new line by pressing "Enter" on your keyboard, and added "has_fuel_scoop" = yes;. Do it exactly that way, and then click File/Save, and close the document. When you restart the game, hold down the shift key till the twirlly Cobra 3 comes up, and the new settings should allow you to add a fuel scoop. Especially as it was meant to have one to begin with, and is a very prominent feature on the ship.

As for docking, what can I say. I couldn't get docking clearance anywhere either, but have docked both versions several times, with only a couple of crashes. It's a big lumbering balloon. Period. :D

Commander McLane
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by Commander McLane »

mandoman wrote:
Good catch, BuggyBY. I didn't notice it, and it was the same in the BigBlimpy as well. I have replaced the links to the corrected versions. Anyone that doesn't want to reload another version, if you already have one of the first, just open the oxp file, open the Config file inside the oxp, and then open "shipdata.plist" with a good text editor. Once shipdata.plist is open, look for the lines that say "has_ecm" = yes;, etc.. I just went to the last "has_" entry, put the cursor at the end of that line, enter to a new line by pressing "Enter" on your keyboard, and added "has_fuel_scoop" = yes;.
This will give the NPC-version a fuel scoop.

For the player version, however, the availability of equipment (including the fuel scoops) is determined by shipyard.plist, not shipdata.plist. In shipyard.plist, the entry "EQ_FUEL_SCOOPS" should be included either in the standard_equipment-array (if every blimp shall have fuel scoops automatically at no extra cost), or in the optional_equipment-array (if the fuel scoops shall be not pre-installed, but buyable for the usual price; with the added extra chance that a variant with installed fuel scoops may be offered in the shipyard for a slightly higher price).

Have a look into other OXPs (or the game) in order to see how it's done. :)
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Ah, shoot. Yeah, you're right. As soon as I get a chance, I'll fix the shipyard.plist, and post the new link.

mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

Okay, both Blimpy's should be up to date. Never thought I would forget to add fuel scoops in the plists, as I always make a point of putting them visibly on the ships. I keep trying, guys. :roll: :)

mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

I have just updated both of the Blimpy links. The confusion about the fuel scoops has been straightened out. If you know how, you can straighten the problem out quite easily in the versions you already have of either ship, otherwise, the corrected versions are now posted. Sorry for the mess.

BuggyBY
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by BuggyBY »

Thanks, though I notice the SmallBlimpy I'm currently flying still has no fuel scoops, and the shipyard won't sell me any. Do I have to edit the savegame to get my fuel scoops, or is there another way?
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----

Post by mandoman »

BuggyBY wrote:
Thanks, though I notice the SmallBlimpy I'm currently flying still has no fuel scoops, and the shipyard won't sell me any. Do I have to edit the savegame to get my fuel scoops, or is there another way?
The easiest way, in your case, would be to edit the oolite-saves file. Just open it with a good text editor, pan down the page until you find where it lists "has_scoop".

Code: Select all

<key>has_scoop</key>
    <integer>0</integer>
Like that. If it is set at 0, change the zero to a 1, which is the same as saying "yes", I think. Give that a try.

BuggyBY
Dangerous
Dangerous

Post by BuggyBY »

That worked fine, thanks.
mandoman
---- E L I T E ----
---- E L I T E ----